is john dodson zuffa's only hope for a good flyweight champion?

Yeah sure, he'll knock him out with one punch:icon_neut
If Dodson can keep it standing he can win a decision.

Hell no, he lost a round standing to TIM ELLIOT. He was gassed and lost the round pretty bad. By the third round, he will be breathing heavy and MM will take control.

McCall is the only hope for a marketable star at 125 I think. I don't like MM much. His fighting style isn't very friendly and his personality is very off putting. The way he handled MM/McCall I was terrible. He acted like he thoroughly outclassed McCall and clearly won, when the reality is most people had McCall winning a 3 round decision, plus the fight should have gone to a 4th round and the fight had clearly swung into McCall's hands by that point so MM was likely to lose or get finished in the 4th, yet he ignored all that. Yes he won the rematch pretty handily, but there never should have been a rematch

The Torres fight was also off putting. Most people thought Torres had won, and again MM acted like it wasn't controversial at all.

Looking back, MM is very lucky to be where he is now. He got a lot of questionable decisions and lucky opportunities. He "beat" Torres, and got a title shot against Cruz. He lost to Cruz then got thrown into the FLW tourny coming off a loss. He then got a very very controversial draw against McCall (should be on a 3 fight losing skid at this point). He beat McCall the second time pretty handily but McCall apparently cut 20lbs in a day which made him fade quickly during the fight. Really his only none tainted fight recently is Benavidez and some people thought that was controversial (I don't know why, I thought he clearly won). So in hindsight, MM should count himself very lucky to be where he's at now

If only UFC were Ultimate Friendship Choice then we could decide who would be the most convenient, gracious champ. This sport's competition gets in the way of our man crushes sometimes

He beat McCall the second time pretty handily but McCall apparently cut 20lbs in a day which made him fade quickly during the fight.
Funny how you say this yet mention nothing about DJ's preparation for the first McCall fight.

Really his only none tainted fight recently is Benavidez
So his win over Ian is tainted because McCall allegedly made a dumb decision regarding his weight cut? That's not how it works.

I was really ashamed of Toronto when they booed that fight. And I live near that city too. Stupid people. I would've 'Pat Barry'd' someone at that event had I the chance to go.

Dodson doesn't seem to be well liked either for some reason.

The weight classes below 155 are all relatively young in the UFC. Maybe not other organizations, but they need to develop and add more depth to the divisions.

Give it a few months and they will be stacked as they pick up more guys.

Moraga seems very promising.

John Moraga is the guy.. Time for a hype-wave on his behalf

Funny how you say this yet mention nothing about DJ's preparation for the first McCall fight.

So his win over Ian is tainted because McCall allegedly made a dumb decision regarding his weight cut? That's not how it works.

yeah that doesn't make sense. It's strange how fans decide some excuses are valid and others aren't. It always seems to come down whether they like a fighter or not.

personally I like Mighty Mouse. I'm not going to say I've always liked his style but when he stays active(like in recent fights) he can be pretty entertaining.

Even if you consider him dull guys like Benavidez, McCall, and Lineker are all exciting fighters who pose a threat to Johnson.

What would really be great for the flyweight division is if the Ufc can take off in Mexico and the Phillipines. Both places are hotbeds for combat sports and have tons of great athletes who would do well in the lighter weight classes.

Yeah, pretty much. A good, but annoying, flyweight champ.

lets just say i dont like the both of them. More of a Mcall fan. thats the only one who has my intrest at 125 tbh.

not according to the fans. they booed his fight and call mm a point fighter. dodson's all explosive and exciting.
Fans don't mean anything when it comes to that. I was there live for that Flyweight title fight and I was puzzled, he put on a great fight and he will be a very dominant flyweight champion. If someone isn't bleeding 30 seconds in the fans boo. Its ridiculous.

No they don't need Dodson for a good flyweight champion, they already have one.

I hope Dodson wins because his style is 50x more exciting.

Anyone but uncle sticky the homo love for a bad moustache is out of controll - they are fighters not models

I don't like the whole Magician persona... it's really disturbing to me. He should just be himself and things would pick up for him in the fans department.

I hope he becomes champion he's exciting I don't care for his personality

How can you not love a guy who talks like a nerd and laughs like a dolphin, but could probably one punch KO most guys two weight classes above?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back