1. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

is john dodson zuffa's only hope for a good flyweight champion?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Izurmumhom**, Jan 13, 2013.

1. iowamma2012 Green Belt

My issue with the Flyweights has more to do with the belt than anything. Just because you introduce a new weight class doesnt mean you need to put out an immediate titleholder. When the Lightweight division was in its infancy, there was no problem with not having a title holder nad Yves being the uncrowned champ.

You got like 4-5 legitimate guys at the weight, Have them conduct some fights Get some depth then have a title fight when you have an idea. MM beats Dodson, there is literally no one worthy unless you give it to Urishtiani. MM in 3 fights will have cleaned out the entire weight class if he beats Dodson. No reason to have a belt for a 4 man division.

Wait to crown a champ when there is something of substance to preside over. :icon_evil

2. Mufasatheking Purple Belt

They had that 4 man tournament which is a pretty legit way to crown a champ imo.

3. Flying Kneebar** Blue Belt

john lineker will grab that title in a few years, I guarantee it. He is exciting as hell and has a scary look to him. I'm sure he is marketable enough to be more successful than these two on your 'popularity' terms

4. iowamma2012 Green Belt

There is no logic in a champion presiding over a 4 man division. Go without a champion as opposed to naming one of a handful of guys. Build up the division than proclaim a champion, not dropping 2 guys down a weight class and bringing in 2 guys from other promotions. The new challenger is a recent TUF winner for crying out loud. Can have a weight class without a champion right off the bat. Taints the other division titles imo to have such a farce.

5. Phisher Gold Belt

It doesn't taint shit. McCall and Formiga were recognized as the top two Flyweights in the world. They were brought in and lost to the eventual champ and a guy who's fighting for the title next.

6. SODACKER Silver Belt

There is legit top talent at flw. Just because it isn't filled with a bunch of lower guys that won't ever get a title shot any way doesn't mean it's not a legit divison.

7. MestizoIV Milk Steak Belt

Half of the UFC champs dont finish! GSP, Cruz, Bendo, & MM. What makes MM any more boring then the rest of them?

8. AP_RESURRECTION Steel Belt

dodson MM mccall benavidez are all awesome

9. Soufian Blue Belt

He broke his hands during the second round and I actually think Elliott is a very good fighter who's going to make some noise in the division

10. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe Banned

They took four highly regarded fighters and had them compete for a belt. Seems like the perfect way to crown a champ.

11. Lucifer Alpha The Catastrophe Banned

None of them are boring.

12. thebaconator Brown Belt

I may be alone but I think with a different game plan Benavidez could win a rematch and get the belt

13. markg171 Gold Belt

I was more saying he's gotten some lucky opportunities. Obviously McCall is an idiot for cutting that much weight so soon, but it was still a lucky situations for MM

14. ABSthetics Banned Banned

I could see it happening but not in the near future. He got outclassed, which is something I thought I would never say about Benavidez again after his fights with Cruz.

He's going to have to improve his Octagon control, wrestling (which is already top tier), and get his speed up if he he's ever going to beat MM. That fight made me sad honestly.