is john dodson zuffa's only hope for a good flyweight champion?

Whoever said flyweights can't catch on haven't been paying attention to boxing. The two biggest stars were 130 I believe in Floyd Mayweather Jr and Manny Pacquaio. It all depends on if someone with star personality and fighting qualities show up. Dodson's pretty powerful for a little guy, it'll be interesting to see if he can develop into a star. That said Mighty Mouse and Benavidez are better fighters than him in my opinion.

Malcolm X Gordon from Hominck's camp will do damage in this division

maybe, and this is just me thinking out loud of course, a good champion is someone who is better than the rest of the division? I think MM is doing just fine.

I can barelly understand what Dodson says... And i did enjoy the beating that MM put on Benavidez.

Jon would be a good champ as he can actually finish a fight.

They're opposites in my opinion. Demetrious gets hated on for his fighting style and people don't mind his personality. Dodson gets hated on for his personality and people don't mind his fighting style.

Obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.. but seems to be the general consensus around here.

They're opposites in my opinion. Demetrious gets hated on for his fighting style and people don't mind his personality. Dodson gets hated on for his personality and people don't mind his fighting style.

Obviously that doesn't apply to everyone.. but seems to be the general consensus around here.

That pretty much perfectly sums up what I was thinking.

MM is technical, full of heart and has great conditioning. Since he's fighting 5 round fights and not getting any stoppages it can be a little tedious (see: Georges St. Pierre) I don't think there is any escaping that type of criticism in modern MMA, even when you are a hard working respectful athlete.

Dodson has a pretty unusual personality but you would have to guess he is a guy that was likely picked on or under pressure growing up because of his stature. People all deal with that differently, DJ appears to be a much more well adjusted guy in general. Dodson comes off a little bit like a dude with a chip on his shoulder and perhaps a little emotional unrest.

... but he's a firecracker in the Octagon. Everybody likes big power because you know the fight can end any moment - the lower the division the more rare it is, so he's got the qualities to become a star down there.

MM catches a lot of flack for the way he acted after the first McCall fight. He acted like he had thoroughly won, and the fight wasn't even close.

Johnson is a good champion and I would much rather see McCall as champion than Dodson.

not according to the fans. they booed his fight and call mm a point fighter. dodson's all explosive and exciting.

Dodson got booed big time in his last fight before eventually getting the KO in the 2nd Round.

Not all fans dislike Mighty Mouse. I am a big fan of both guys, but I would say that just as many people dislike Dodson, mostly because of his personality.

Mighty Mouse is already a good Flyweight Champion.

MM is a great champion, pick on someone your own size

I wanna see Moraga and/or Gaudinot (if he can string a few wins together) VS Mighty Mouse and MM Wins both in my opinion but I think those would be entertaining fights.

I'd rather Joe or Ian to either of them just based on what guys I like more but MM is a decent champ and Dodson would be too although he's a bit too cocky. Fans boo all 125 fights even if they are exciting as hell.
Neither will ever be stars though and I feel like Joe-B and Mccall could be based on their styles and personalities. More exciting and cooler guys imo

Its a win lose imo bc he's sure a lot more exciting than MM but he's beyond annoying and very unlikeable but in the end fans prefer exciting.

Mighty Mouse is awesome.

Montague is putting together a nice win streak. If the UFC signs him, he can add depth and may be a possible future contender, depending if he's improved from last fight and against McCall

Back