Is it possible to "support" the UFC without buying all the PPV's?

No,you dont need to buy the PPV's to "support" the UFC

Just write a cheque directly to Dana White so he can buy more ferrari's and give a pittance of that to his fighters

I haven't bought a PPV in several years now, but I haven't missed a single PPV event. I go to see them at Hooters/Buffalo Wild Wings/Miller's Ale House.

That still supporting the UFC as the venue hosting the PPV, is charged for the PPV by the amount of seats they have. If not enough people come to see the PPV at their bar/restaurant and buy food/booze, they no longer buy the PPV. No venue PPV sales--UFC takes a hit.

UFC should Pay me for watching UFC events

Lol.

Not only pay me but fly me in on their private jet and have front row seats reserved for me to all their shows.

I watch a lot of my PPV's at buffalo wild wings. It costs them a lot more to air it than it does for someone like me to watch it at home. Going there and ordering wings and beer helps support them, which in turn helps support the UFC. In a way i do buy the ppvs. If this counts as supporting UFC without buying the ppvs then the answer is yes.

I go to the bar 5 minutes away. No cover charge but they pay like 1200 bucks to show the fights. I order a pizza, a few beers and tip them good. Can't beat it.

This is how you do it.

Let's be real Dana is robbing the fighters more than any of the illegal streaming websites.

I personally buy every ppv and with fight pass its about $650 a year...worth it, every penny.

by doing this you are directly hurting the fighters and the development of mma as a sport..

more ppv buys= higher fighter purses
higher fighter purses= better athletes
better athletes=better fights
better fights=happier fan

So you are hurting yourself also

I dont think this is true, until the UFC has real competition the fighters wont be getting a bigger share.

My impression is that the UFC is gushing cash.

The UFC is hurting MMA as a sport.
Having athletes as opposed to fighters makes for safer styles.

Yes. Let's go back to the days of slap-happy, club-footed idiots who want to "bang" bro.

Brilliant.

Tell me more how having athletes hurts a sport.

by doing this you are directly hurting the fighters and the development of mma as a sport..

the need to not fill Danas pockets has started to outweigh the need to support athletes somehow..

No if you buy only a couple they are making money off of you. But go ahead and buy every PPV to "support the fighters" while the UFC is already a 3billion dollar company that won't be adjusting their pay structure anytime soon...

The UFC is hurting MMA as a sport.
Having athletes as opposed to fighters makes for safer styles.

As opposed to? Fighters are athletes. Please elaborate on this. This makes no sense. You want naturally athletic people to be fighters because they'll be better fighters (typically) than an nonathletic person.

I would buy more ppvs if fighters got paid better. Right now they get paid little because Dana and co keep most ppv money

I make it a habit not to reply on here because sherdog is 95% trolls and 5% smart informed individuals.

With that said I have to pick on you. I more or less agree with your captain obvious assessment minus the fact u claim that better athletes equates to better fights. There is one and only one argument for better fights. That's better matchmaking. In fact higher purses, and brtter athletes in general probably lower the fight qualities. All you guys on here that complain about injuries know this. The promise off a big payday will cause fighters to be more cautious.

Better athletes? Well bigger faster stronger equates to even more dangerous. And even more dangerous equates to more cautious. Its simple really. Case in point Glover Teixera. People love him. He is not an athletic freak, he's a brawler. I could go on but if I haven'tmade my point yet, iI never will.

Back