Is it possible to "support" the UFC without buying all the PPV's?

Calboy

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
what do you guys think? Say a person only buys 1 or 2 PPV's a year but watches them all, is he/she still "supporting" the UFC and it's fighters by creating word of mouth and dicussion, therefore discrediting the people that say in order to be a true UFC fan, you need to buy all the ppvs?

Also, if the ufc took away piracy would the majority of the people currently streaming events for free start puraching them? I highly doubt it...they just wouldnt watch or just catch the highlights.

i never buy PPv's in order to NOT support the UFC, and i don't buy ufc fighters marchandise either. i would buy ONE FC ppv's and will when they start

i never buy PPv's in order to NOT support the UFC, and i don't buy ufc fighters marchandise either. i would buy ONE FC ppv's and will when they start

by doing this you are directly hurting the fighters and the development of mma as a sport..

more ppv buys= higher fighter purses
higher fighter purses= better athletes
better athletes=better fights
better fights=happier fan

So you are hurting yourself also

I go to the bar 5 minutes away. No cover charge but they pay like 1200 bucks to show the fights. I order a pizza, a few beers and tip them good. Can't beat it.

You don't have to buy anything. And you don't have to watch everything even if it's free. It's good times to be selective really.

by doing this you are directly hurting the fighters and the development of mma as a sport..

How is not buying UFC stuff but wanting to buy other orgs stuff "direcly hurting development of MMA as a sport"? Non-UFC MMA is still MMA.

I won't pay for PPVs anymore. $65 is ridiculous for five fights and it just isn't worth it to me. They would have to be probably under $30 for me to start buying them again.

Well you don't have support the ufc buying thing. The ufc don't give me money or pay my bills. why should I buy stuff from them? Just saying there other ways support fighters with out giving them money lol

The UFC is hurting MMA as a sport.
Having athletes as opposed to fighters makes for safer styles.

Yes, by going to the UFC HQ's and leaning towards the building.

That way you're in a way supporting the UFC.

Well you don't have support the ufc buying thing. The ufc don't give me money or pay my bills. why should I buy stuff from them? Just saying there other ways support fighters with out giving them money lol

Of course just be a fan, follow him on twitter, tell your friends that he is good etc... It will actually help much more than buying UFC things. I support mma fighters not UFC brand.

You know what "hurts the fighters, and the development of mma as a sport"?

The lack of guaranteed contracts. Imagine someone new to the game. They watch a PPV or free card, develop a "fanbase" for said fighter and within 6-12 months they never see or hear of the guy again. Outside the top 10 guys in each division, your as good as dirt. Sucks, but it's true.

Around these parts, Dana can be happy if people only talk about UFC occasionally, let alone watch it.

Let alone pay for it.

I go to the bar 5 minutes away. No cover charge but they pay like 1200 bucks to show the fights. I order a pizza, a few beers and tip them good. Can't beat it.

Pizza $5-10
Couple of beers $10-30
Good tip $10-20

Bar $25-60 vs $65
Your still coming out ahead

ummm...no. Being a safe fighter means your a safe fighter, being a great athlete does not mean that, just that you're a good athlete

Pizza $5-10
Couple of beers $10-30
Good tip $10-20

Bar $25-60 vs $65
Your still coming out ahead

Very true. Plus I like watching the fights with other fans. We make small bets too, which is fun. Barao (I should say Dillashaw) cost me 5 bucks but I still spent a total of around 45 bucks.

If you dont buy the HD broadcast of all ufc ppv's you are directly taking money from the fighters and the fighters families, who have budgeted, assuming a set number of TRUE fans will buy the ppv.

Either don't call yourself a fan, or recognize you are stealing from the quality of life from the fighters.

And this is true because GSP is considered safe and athlete. He also happens to be the biggest draw.

Back