Is it possble for the UFC to have another star like Conor again?

Happens the whole time.GSP, Anderson, than Brock, then Ronda, etc. There will always be stars coming in.Khamzat in 1 month made more waves than Conor in his first years lol

Are you just referring to the sport of MMA in the West?
I've seen that pans out in other sports that are diffused in the Western world tbh
I am specifically talking about being a so-called “Super Star” in MMA.

Obviously futbol (soccer) is a billion dollar industry that America doesn’t care about. I’m not talking about what is legit and what isn’t, I’m just talking about the concept of “Break through star” in MMA.

For comparison sake, the WWE hasn't had a big a star since Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson left. There might not be a big star like Conor for some time.
Eh no... John Cena was/is pretty huge

A mike Tyson type beast will emerge at Hw some day.

A guy that is dark, looks extremely menacing and lays out everyone in his path

Once the ufc can find a true monster they can call the baddest man ever, that is when the real superstar will emerge

With population increase and more people being able to afford ppv is the only reason floyd could outsell tyson

I'm old enough to remember how huge his fights where and all casuals knew him

We need a true dominant animal at hw that looks like a specimen

Francis is halfway there but he isn't skilled enough or quite as ferocious as a young Tyson

Conor wishes that he had a ground game like him, and the desire to fight all comers, not turn into a cherry picking duck to look good
I'm not sure that's true at all. I haven't ever heard him say anything to indicate this.

To be fair, I'm also not into speculating what others wish unless I'm provoked to do that by their words or actions. I've never heard Conor even mention Chimaev, and I highly doubt Conor is at home wishing for fighting skill, lol. I think he's thinking about alcohol, drugs, ego, and fame. And I don't see how Chimaev is ahead of Conor in any of these things. Parties, fine linen, more women to....... well, I'll leave that blank as I'm not sure.

But I would have to see some proof for your assertion that he's actually thinking about Chimaev and his skill. Personally I find the idea ludicrous. I think it shows that YOU are thinking about Chimaev and Conor's skill since YOU are mentioning it. But unless Conor mentions it I have to side with "Conor is not thinking about Chimaev, and he may not even know this man exists". If he does know he exists I think he looks at his lip and his financial status and thinks he's glad he's rich and famous and well dressed, etc..

Conor is pretty vain and egotistical. I don't see him ruminating over the skills of Chimaev.

Going to be tough to replicate.

But theoretically I think it is possible to get a top guy with a personality to match.

The UFC has actually had some bad luck in terms of unmarketable champs. Guys like Jones, Stipe, Anderson S, Woodley, Lawler, Adesanya, Romero, DJ, Kabib, have the combined charisma of Connor's pinky finger.

SeanOMalleyHeroUpdated.jpg

This guy is undefeated. And he has rainbow hair!

Snow-Cones-4.jpg

I'm not sure that's true at all. I haven't ever heard him say anything to indicate this.

To be fair, I'm also not into speculating what others wish unless I'm provoked to do that by their words or actions. I've never heard Conor even mention Chimaev, and I highly doubt Conor is at home wishing for fighting skill, lol. I think he's thinking about alcohol, drugs, ego, and fame. And I don't see how Chimaev is ahead of Conor in any of these things. Parties, fine linen, more women to....... well, I'll leave that blank as I'm not sure.

But I would have to see some proof for your assertion that he's actually thinking about Chimaev and his skill. Personally I find the idea ludicrous. I think it shows that YOU are thinking about Chimaev and Conor's skill since YOU are mentioning it. But unless Conor mentions it I have to side with "Conor is not thinking about Chimaev, and he may not even know this man exists". If he does know he exists I think he looks at his lip and his financial status and thinks he's glad he's rich and famous and well dressed, etc..

Conor is pretty vain and egotistical. I don't see him ruminating over the skills of Chimaev.
Im just taking the piss

Im just taking the piss
Lol! And some good piss to take at that..... wait.....

The joke is Conor fans/haters are so excessive that there was nothing unbelievable in your post. Ludicrous, yes. But totally believable a Conor hater might see the world through those lenses.

Just as his fans would say Chimaev is wishing he could live Conor's sordid life. They say "2 + 2 to a hungry man is 4 loaves of bread"

lol

living in sweden for 10 yrs does not a viking make.

"You are what you eat"

Even has the battle scar to prove it.

Kham Kham Kham!

nope, Khabib is only big in MMA. Conor is a mainstream superstar
Well if we go by that logic, then Ronda was the biggest star the UFC has ever had, because she featured in Hollywood Blockbusters, went on those shitty ass yet popular talk shows and all. Conor features in TMZ reports for smashing phones, and fought a super popular pro boxer. He probably has more followers on Instagram, but that's from the flashy outfits

The UFC will get/build another star who brings just the right amount of antics but is still somehow classy, has skill and a pretty face at some point. It's only a matter of time. This sport has reached mainstream status barely 10 years ago. More and more young athletes are training MMA as they grow up.
every generations stars fans always ask the same question. As things evolve the stars grow bigger, the next one will be even bigger then Conor.

Tip - enjoy the stars of you era, and you'll be telling some newbie fan at some virtual 3d sherdog world in the furture that you streamed Conor Kos Aldo in 13 second live.

And they'll be like all like thats cool man. By the way whats streaming.
Exactly. Name me a pro sport that's had its biggest star within the first ten years of its major league striking a TV deal or becoming a main stream attraction. Some people need to realize that we're a blink of an eye within history. MMA got out of the shadows outside Japan in 2005, with a TV deal, a reality show and a season finale that sparked enthusiasm.

For comparison sake, the WWE hasn't had a big a star since Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson left. There might not be a big star like Conor for some time.

You really gonna sit there and pretend you haven’t heard of this man???!!!

A4317321-BDD9-4C14-ABBC-EDAC4A39B360.jpeg

Conor was most exciting when he was broke and hungry. Surely somebody broke and hungry (but super talented) will come along again.

Back