Is it possble for the UFC to have another star like Conor again?

Said the man with a Flocki av
<{1-8}>
DYBF.gif

Conor fighting Floyd is a big part Conor's current popularity. Short of Ngannou knocking out Fury I don't see the UFC having another megastar the next several years

You do realize people can be megastars but not be popular in America right?

Yes, I guess I was equating poularity with PPV sales. Khabib on his own will never sell PPV like Conor. There is a reason that there is never UFC fights in Russia. According to Khabibi himself:

“For PPV show Russia is not very good,” Khabib said during a media scrum. “For PPV show, maybe Madison Square Garden or T-Mobile Arena. But Russia? Maybe UFC make Fight Night in Russia but why I need fight in Fight Nights? I need to fight on PPV.”

If they had a Chinese fighter that was champ
There are 1.25 Chinese UFC champs currently.
Chinese market is tougher to make revenue out of it for a non-Chinese company than people think

Khabib is shaping up to be a bigger star. If he beats Gaethje and then fights maybe Tony/GSP he could end up being the biggest MMA Athlete in terms of popularity.
Yep. Russia is bigger than Ireland.

No one will be like Conor in the near or far future

Conor's comeback fight with Cowboy was the biggest draw in UFC history. Suck on that haters and no, not easily replaced. Takes skill both in and out of the ring. I'd rather watch some of Conor's interviews than watch a boring fighter fight.

We had Chuck.

Then Forrest brought the TUF crowd.

Bork brought WWE fans. Honda brought women. Nuggets brought nuggets.

There's always going to be some new fighter that brings along a new wave of casuals.

Last edited:
We had Chuck.

Then Forrest brought the TUF crowd.

Bork brought WWE fans. Honda brought women. Nuggets brought nuggets.

There's always going to be some new fighter that brings a long a new wave of casuals.
Who did Kimbo bring?

It’ll happen again. Just not for a while.

Would be really interesting to see what numbers Joe Rogan could pull if he took a fight. And even though he's not a fighter, I think there's a case that he's actually be the biggest star in MMA.

No, however Conor had a kid, so there's a chance, some day.

Back