is it legal hunting and killing mountain lions, bears and wolves in the US and Canada?

Oh wow look a vegetarian who wants to destroy the ecosystem alongside the predators and us humans. Get a life bruh! I don't have the energy or time to discuss or waste on vegetarians or vegans otherwise I would have to be retarded to pursue such discussion
I don't think you know what you're talking about in the first place to have such a discussion tbh.

Oh wow look a vegetarian who wants to destroy the ecosystem alongside the predators and us humans. Get a life bruh! I don't have the energy or time to discuss or waste on vegetarians or vegans otherwise I would have to be retarded to pursue such discussion

You clearly can't recognize very obvious sarcasm, so yeah, I agree you shouldn't be debating this online.

Never had it personally but have heard bear is greasier than fuck. Had a bear tag in high school but never got the chance to fill it.

I love bear, but it is greasy. Have to trim like 90% of the fat.

@dragonsfly

Different provinces have different regulations for animals on the game list OP. It's easy to google if you have a specific province in mind. You need a gun license, hunting license, then a tag for specific animal or sex of animal (Bull moose, cow moose, Buck, Doe etc). Cougar is legal in Alberta to hunt, but some areas have quota filler; if they are filled even if you have a tag you can't claim one now. This ensures the animals aren't depleted. Must also have a specific license; Resident Vs. Non Resident differs in fees. Must also hunt in the specific season for the animal in question, and use the correct weaponry (Archery, Rifle). Wolf is on the game list virtually all over Canada. Most animals cannot be hunted in provincial parks or Crown Game Reserves, though some exceptions apply for some animals/seasons/aboriginal status.

On a tangent, didn’t wolves make a big comeback in the Pacific Northwest? I remember hearing about farmers/ranchers having a lot of their livestock taken by wolves, in recent years.

You clearly can't recognize very obvious sarcasm, so yeah, I agree you shouldn't be debating this online.

I Knew that all along but you didn't recognize mine it seems but didn't liked your tone in defending these animal abusers so either way you can have it

It's not illegal to hunt predators. Hunters in the US arent out blasting away, you need permits/licenses which are managed heavily. Bear and mountain lion are delicious. Griz and Brown bear are still listed and not open to hunting (with very few exceptions), but they need to be de-listed as their populations are booming here. Most wolves that are shot out here in Montana are done by ranchers who lose a lot of animals/money to them.

ea3.jpg

We have a burgeoning population of mountain lions and wolves in North Dakota, along with more coyotes than I ever thought possible. Not even remotely endangered.

To many predators? WTF! is this some sort of bro-science. Many of them are listed as vulnerable due to mass hunting. Are you vegan or vegetarian?

lol... Yes bro. Try living in these areas. Mass Hunting? The fuck you talking about? Currently not in North America... not sure about Canada though. I believe you're thinking other continents, like Africa, where poaching is seriously threatening animals.

When the wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone, they quickly got of control and were decimating elk and deer populations.... and especially moose.

Now, these stories didn't hit mainstream much, because it doesn't fit the narrative. My brother lived in Cody during all of this... even when Wyoming quietly allowed the hunting of wolves to cut them back. There's a lot of debate by locals on what the fuck to do with them. And there were a lot of Out of State Environmentalists who were severely pushing back on any action to limit the wolf populations.

I'm with you on one point... If you're not going to eat the meat of these animals, there's no sense in hunting in them. But the other end of the argument is that by allowing some hunting of predators, it prevents starvation and too much killing of the prey herds.

And humans are dumb enough to think they can control the balance of nature between predator and prey. We also seem to take actions too far in either direction and cause all kinds of unintended consequences.

quite a few people in Canada live in very rural to remote areas .... youre allowed to shoot that shit if its fucking with your livestock/you on your land...

people that go parading those kills around need some personal psychological time to reflect on what motivates them ...

that being said....theres not a lot of mass mountain lion killing going on up here...theyre not the easiest creatures to come across

We have a burgeoning population of mountain lions and wolves in North Dakota, along with more coyotes than I ever thought possible. Not even remotely endangered.

Coyotes are getting crazy out here in MT.

I don't care that they look like someone's dog, I'll shoot a coyote if I see it. When I was out hunting last year I had to pass through a ranch on my way to the timber and witnessed a coyote trying to take down some calves. I shot it dead. Coyote had torn the back legs apart on 7 different cows/calves.

Yeah, they’re thick here in western ND; I can hear at least a dozen howling around the farm every night. Glad you got one of them! @Omegaboy13

lol... Yes bro. Try living in these areas. Mass Hunting? The fuck you talking about? Currently not in North America... not sure about Canada though. I believe you're thinking other continents, like Africa, where poaching is seriously threatening animals.

When the wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone, they quickly got of control and were decimating elk and deer populations.... and especially moose.

Now, these stories didn't hit mainstream much, because it doesn't fit the narrative. My brother lived in Cody during all of this... even when Wyoming quietly allowed the hunting of wolves to cut them back. There's a lot of debate by locals on what the fuck to do with them. And there were a lot of Out of State Environmentalists who were severely pushing back on any action to limit the wolf populations.

I'm with you on one point... If you're not going to eat the meat of these animals, there's no sense in hunting in them. But the other end of the argument is that by allowing some hunting of predators, it prevents starvation and too much killing of the prey herds.

And humans are dumb enough to think they can control the balance of nature between predator and prey. We also seem to take actions too far in either direction and cause all kinds of unintended consequences.

decimating Elk and Deer populations? Thats some major exaggeration cause there is plenty of these ungulates thru out the US lol at decimating? The wolves just got reintroduced to that area and the ranch owners have to protect their sheep or cows better by building good fenches instead of taking it out on the wolf population and coming up with an excuse to exterminate the predator populations in the area and that is BS imho-

You mentioned Africa being in critical condition for poaching but to be honest it's quite on the contrary and someone mentioned it's hard to see or spot a mountain lion? Because it's getting poached like there is no tomorrow so your not gonna see much of them since they are facing extinction and honestly speaking there are way more poachers in North America while in most African countries they have special forces just protecting these animals and the same thing is happening in Russia they are protecting the Siberian tiger against poachers and also in India they have special forces protecting the bengal tiger but in the US they are giving people permit to hunt them and I am surprised finding that out.

There are many gun fanatics in the US and I won't be surprised by 2040-2045 if the WOLF (go extinct AGAIN) and the same with the mountain lions especially if you consider the rate things are going now and the problem is you have alot of armed fanatics in the US who just love shooting things so if you give them permit your just inviting retards to get rid of an important part of the ecosystem

Last edited:
It's not illegal to hunt predators. Hunters in the US arent out blasting away, you need permits/licenses which are managed heavily. Bear and mountain lion are delicious. Griz and Brown bear are still listed and not open to hunting (with very few exceptions), but they need to be de-listed as their populations are booming here. Most wolves that are shot out here in Montana are done by ranchers who lose a lot of animals/money to them.

Eating mountain lions and bears? Didn't we learn enough about the Covid19 and eating freaking wildlife predators? Thats a great way to start another pandemic cause we are not suppose to eat predators. People should exclusively hunt ungulates for eating purposes and even that has to be limited but as for predators it's just retardation honestly

Eating mountain lions and bears? Didn't we learn enough about the Covid19 and eating freaking wildlife predators? Thats a great way to start another pandemic cause we are not suppose to eat predators. People should exclusively hunt ungulates for eating purposes and even that has to be limited but as for predators it's just retardation honestly

Trichinosis is only prevalent in undercooked bear and mountain lion. If you're looking to eat something that will not cause a foodborne illness with 100% certainty, you'll starve. Beyond that, I wasn't aware that this pandemic was caused by hunting predators. Please do tell me more about your knowledge and acumen on the subject?

I home can my bear meat, 90 minutes in a pressure canner. I've also done bear sausage which is damn tasty.

Back