is it legal hunting and killing mountain lions, bears and wolves in the US and Canada?

Dude I am 100% behind the idea in general, for the animal's sake, the meat quality, the economics of it, etc. DOn't get me wrong.

Just saying that wanting to kill the animal yourself in this context, as opposed to asking the rancher to do it for you, is purely for the joy of killing, that's it.

I dunno. I see it as more respectful, doing the dirty work yourself as opposed to being unaware or uncaring about the kill while others do it for you.

The person who has no issues with others killing seems more sociopathic than the one who does it themselves IMHO.

I came across alot of disgusting youtubers killing countless amount of American predators. If illegal how are these people not arrested? It's baffling and imho this is animal rights violation killing predators but I have nothing against if you kill ungulates for eating purposes but other then that killing predators is just wrong and bad for the ecosystem.

Who are these hillbillies just ruthlessly killing these valuable animals while it is very important that they stay alive to make the ecosystem flow

I just gave you 2 examples but there are tons of these fools on youtube killing scores and countless of valuable predators from the North American ecosystem

People hunting for pleasure are base, sociopathic individuals. I can understand people who hunt for food but these types should meet the Mansons and Ramirez's of the world.

They decided to bring wolves back in many States. Wisconsin is one of them. Wolves were hunted here well into the 1960s when the same license that allowed a hunter to shoot a deer also allowed shooting wolves. There was a bounty on wolves until 1957. When the DNR decided to bring back wolves, the theory was that wolves would help control the deer herd as there were many deer vs car collisions. Wolves are smart. Why would they try to chase down deer when there are domestic animals that are much slower and are fenced in making them much easier prey.

Wolves would be a much better way to control the deer herd as they cull out the slower weaker animals. Humans are often trophy hunting so the kill they biggest and strongest leaving the smaller weaker animals to breed. As a result, the average size of deer has gotten smaller.

Wolves multiply fairly well. Wisconsin had a wolf hunting season this year. The goal was to kill 119 wolves and they issued 1500 permits. The season was closed after 182 wolves were harvested in the first three days of the season. Only the Alpha wolves breed so non alpha wolves will move on to start a new pack. If the Alpha wolves are killed, there is a struggle within the pack to establish a new Alpha pair.

https://www.outdoorlife.com/story/hunting/wisconsin-wolf-hunt-exceeds-harvest-quota/
This happens with fish, and other predators like crocodiles. Remove or kill the largest and the species gets smaller.

Back