is it legal hunting and killing mountain lions, bears and wolves in the US and Canada?

Trichinosis is only prevalent in undercooked bear and mountain lion. If you're looking to eat something that will not cause a foodborne illness with 100% certainty, you'll starve. Beyond that, I wasn't aware that this pandemic was caused by hunting predators. Please do tell me more about your knowledge and acumen on the subject?

I home can my bear meat, 90 minutes in a pressure canner. I've also done bear sausage which is damn tasty.

Covid19 and Sars come from Civet cat coming in contact with bats and some other predator animals being the inbetween hosts then to humans and to put it short these animals are not suppose to be eaten whether it's undercooked or overcooked. There is plenty other bactria, diseases and perhaps viruses in their meat. Be careful with what you consume --> Mr. I eat everything that moves

Covid19 and Sars come from Civet cat coming in contact with bats and some other predator animals being the inbetween hosts then to humans and to put it short these animals are not suppose to be eaten whether it's undercooked or overcooked. There is plenty other bactria, diseases and perhaps viruses in their meat. Be careful with what you consume --> Mr. I eat everything that moves

I'll wonder when Montana will open up bat and civet cat hunting.

I'll wonder when Montana will open up bat and civet cat hunting.

Seems like the menu got bigger :D
Fortunately tho Civet cats are save currently as they are not native to North America. One Civet cat is going to sleep somewhere thinking damn I dodged a bullet somewhere

Seems like the menu got bigger :D Fortunately tho Civet cats are saved currently as they are not native to North American. One Civet cat is going to sleep somewhere thinking damn I dodged a bullet somewhere

They're also not carnivorous apex predators, nor are the bats in the region that your referring to.

Thing is, as a hunter, I know more about and love the species of animals I hunt more than you ever will. I spend inordinate amounts of time studying them, tracking, observing, reading, etc. While you, in your outrage, are blinded by trivial issues you don't fully comprehend.

Getting a proper tag ensures these animals have a value. You're also taking an animal deemed appropriate to shoot by wild life biologists. Im not big on it either and am more than happy to just shoot deer.
Shooting some big old spent male predator is fine for a population. Most of those big old predators are actually a detriment to the young of their own species

They're also not carnivorous apex predators, nor are the bats in the region that your referring to.

Thing is, as a hunter, I know more about and love the species of animals I hunt more than you ever will. I spend inordinate amounts of time studying them, tracking, observing, reading, etc. While you, in your outrage, are blinded by trivial issues you don't fully comprehend.

You love them? Lets get real bro and cut back on the jokes? Why you killing this animals man? talk to me

You love them? Lets get real bro and cut back on the jokes? Why you killing this animals man? talk to me

Absolutely .

For food. Because I dont deny my own biology. Because I'm an apex predator. Because I dont like to see myself as being separate from or above the natural order of things.

You a vegan or vegetarian?

Absolutely .

For food. Because I dont deny my own biology. Because I'm an apex predator. Because I dont like to see myself as being separate from or above the natural order of things.

You a vegan or vegetarian?

I am not vegan nor vegetarian thank goodness. I consume meat every second day sometimes everyday.

You say that you kill them for food? I personally have nothing against anyone hunting ungulates for food with consideration but Apex predators? that is pushing the territory of non-food meat consumption.

Do you hunt mountain lions and wolves for food? Why not just go after red-deer, Elk, white-tail Deer etc etc. There is plenty of toxins that killl humans in the flesh of Cougars and wolves with almost zero nutritions

I am not vegan nor vegetarian thank goodness. I consume meat every second day sometimes everyday.

You say that you kill them for food? I personally have nothing against anyone hunting ungulates for food with consideration but Apex predators? that is pushing the territory of non-food meat consumption.

Do you hunt mountain lions and wolves for food? Why not just go after red-deer, Elk, white-tail Deer etc etc

Wow. Lots of counter questions.

Why do you outsource your killing to other people?

I just want to be clear. Are we deviating again from the original debate(s)? Are we acknowledging that civet and bats play no role in the topic we are now discussing, and further, that you were incorrect about then being predators? Are we acknowledging now that hunters aren't just rampantly firing guns off in multiple directions trying to kill anything that moves?

Are you implying now that bear and mountain lion meat cannot be safely consumed? What food borne illness dereived from a North American predator has proven to be able to survive in a pressure canner running at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 90 minutes?

Why do you feel that you have a right to tell me what to eat or consume?

I've never hunted a wolf.

Dire Wolves used to feast on caveman.

LA Tar Pits for the win.

lol... Yes bro. Try living in these areas. Mass Hunting? The fuck you talking about? Currently not in North America... not sure about Canada though. I believe you're thinking other continents, like Africa, where poaching is seriously threatening animals.

When the wolves were reintroduced to Yellowstone, they quickly got of control and were decimating elk and deer populations.... and especially moose.

Now, these stories didn't hit mainstream much, because it doesn't fit the narrative. My brother lived in Cody during all of this... even when Wyoming quietly allowed the hunting of wolves to cut them back. There's a lot of debate by locals on what the fuck to do with them. And there were a lot of Out of State Environmentalists who were severely pushing back on any action to limit the wolf populations.

I'm with you on one point... If you're not going to eat the meat of these animals, there's no sense in hunting in them. But the other end of the argument is that by allowing some hunting of predators, it prevents starvation and too much killing of the prey herds.

And humans are dumb enough to think they can control the balance of nature between predator and prey. We also seem to take actions too far in either direction and cause all kinds of unintended consequences.

I've heard plenty about wolves needing to be managed again. Maybe that stuff just showed up in my Google feed because I read about wolves, cougars, etc sometimes but I'd be surprised if there was a movement to misinform us about shifts in animal population.

C'mon! Everybody loves the sabertooth! Underrated??? Ok yeah maybe. Fuckin thing is too awesome.
It used to be more popular when I was in grade school. I feel like it is now underappreciated. Cave Lion is no joke either.

[url=https://postimages.org/]
cave-lion1.jpg
[/URL]

Wow. Lots of counter questions.

Why do you outsource your killing to other people?

I just want to be clear. Are we deviating again from the original debate(s)? Are we acknowledging that civet and bats play no role in the topic we are now discussing, and further, that you were incorrect about then being predators? Are we acknowledging now that hunters aren't just rampantly firing guns off in multiple directions trying to kill anything that moves?

Are you implying now that bear and mountain lion meat cannot be safely consumed? What food borne illness dereived from a North American predator has proven to be able to survive in a pressure canner running at 250 degrees Fahrenheit for 90 minutes?

Why do you feel that you have a right to tell me what to eat or consume?

I've never hunted a wolf.

Well ofcourse I would obviously advice you to not consume mountain lions and bears as any decent human would advice. I don't know how many mountain lions and bears you have consumed but some toxins can even survive that amount of cooking so the question is simple why even consume something you know very well has alot of toxins in their meat to begin with?

Back