is it legal hunting and killing mountain lions, bears and wolves in the US and Canada?

Trichinosis is only prevalent in undercooked bear and mountain lion. If you're looking to eat something that will not cause a foodborne illness with 100% certainty, you'll starve. Beyond that, I wasn't aware that this pandemic was caused by hunting predators. Please do tell me more about your knowledge and acumen on the subject?

I home can my bear meat, 90 minutes in a pressure canner. I've also done bear sausage which is damn tasty.

You make any bear jerky?

Hey numbnut, we have wildlife departments that keep monitoring and control the population of the wild faunas in the state. If a local commission says that it's okay to shoot a wolf then it's okay to shoot it. And we have license draws so it's not as easy as to just go on a hike and shoot anything on sight.

These fat-ass doughnut eating commission folks have no idea what is going on out in the wilderness while the animals are being massacred with or without license they are being hunted and their population is overstated without any accuracy. I could kill couple of mountain lions in California without anyone knowing it forget about going into the wilderness up north. The truth is they don't know jackshit while there are poachers everywhere and they are thriving.. You have to create a special force unit in most states and counter this shit like they do it in Africa, Russia, India and China

It used to be more popular when I was in grade school. I feel like it is now underappreciated. Cave Lion is no joke either.

cave-lion1.jpg

<{jackyeah}>

There was a whole slew of sabertooth animals back in the day. Not as cool as the cats.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.livescience.com/amp/54130-saber-toothed-animals.html

We should occasionally hunt mountain lions so it is known that they should fear us. We just need to make sure we don’t wipe them out.

Last edited:
North America is a large continent despite being only 2 countries(US and Canada) where you have alot of ungulate herds and different type of ungulates and the predators keep that in check and make the ungulate move around relieving some pressure from the ground so that the ungulate don't stay in the same place and also keep the population in check so everything is in balance but killing them like that is animal rights violation and barbaric and you what is funny they are not even gonna eat it!!! so why kill it?
lol how do you not know Mexico is part of North America

Just look at this video you have people like this guy commiting a genocide. I get it he has probably a ranch and annoyed by coyotes? It's his responsibility to fench his ranch properly but for me it's just an excuse to kill these animals and why is he killing so many bobcats in the video cause they are not listed as vermin. Honestly people like this guy are killing mountain lions, wolves, bears etc etc in large quantities with no mercy whatsoever

Last edited:
Go listen to Ted Nugent talk about these things. It's legal in some areas and others not so much

No, no bear jerky. I've only had bear meat a few times. Don't know if I'd trust bear jerky, as the temp doesn't get to high in a dehydrator.

From what I'm gathering online it's like the blowfish of jerky. Something to do with roundworm

Well ofcourse I would obviously advice you to not consume mountain lions and bears as any decent human would advice. I don't know how many mountain lions and bears you have consumed but some toxins can even survive that amount of cooking so the question is simple why even consume something you know very well has alot of toxins in their meat to begin with?

Some? Which ones? You have to be a decent human to not consume bear and lion? Is that a prerequisite? Do these phantom toxins exist in species that are more commonly consumed?

You see, I dont mind people who are opposed to hunting. In fact, I've had great discussions with vegans and anti hunters on multiple occasions (on here multiple times too). I have a great deal of respect for people who understand the issues and the "why" for their own personal choices.

If you're opposed to hunting in any aspect, take it up with your state, local, and federal government if you wish, that's an option that's open to you. I caution you though, you better know your shit, because we do. I've spent years, and years, asking myself the questions you don't even have the beginning of the answers to.

Now I don't really know what your core issues are, because you keep vaccilating and moving the finish line when you're caught in a jam. So, what do you want to know?

From what I'm gathering online it's like the blowfish of jerky. Something to do with roundworm

Lol. Yeah, that's trichinosis. I had it pressure canned one time, and I'll likely never eat it any pther way. I was gifted some bear meat from a hunting buddy, and canned it. It's so amazing.

Lol. Yeah, that's trichinosis. I had it pressure canned one time, and I'll likely never eat it any pther way. I was gifted some bear meat from a hunting buddy, and canned it. It's so amazing.

Never had it canned. Love bear roast though havent had it in years.

Some? Which ones? You have to be a decent human to not consume bear and lion? Is that a prerequisite? Do these phantom toxins exist in species that are more commonly consumed?

You see, I dont mind people who are opposed to hunting. In fact, I've had great discussions with vegans and anti hunters on multiple occasions (on here multiple times too). I have a great deal of respect for people who understand the issues and the "why" for their own personal choices.

If you're opposed to hunting in any aspect, take it up with your state, local, and federal government if you wish, that's an option that's open to you. I caution you though, you better know your shit, because we do. I've spent years, and years, asking myself the questions you don't even have the beginning of the answers to.

Now I don't really know what your core issues are, because you keep vaccilating and moving the finish line when you're caught in a jam. So, what do you want to know?

I am not against hunting and I allow it to proceed but I am against hunting predators for sport or consuming them here in your case which I rarely encounter but nonetheless I am against that firmly. These predators play a key rule in our ecosystem and should be protected from the small to the big once.

I wanna bring awareness to this issue and hopefully we will soon set up special forces to protect the wildlife in North America turning the tables where the hunters become the hunted. We need to change the law if poachers are catched doing illegal hunting they should be shoot on sight

Last edited:
Some do eat the meat. Bear can be tasty apparently.

Because there are too many. Too mucb apex predators results in other prey species getting annihilated, or livestock, or pets, or humans. People get attacked by mountain lions.

Watch some JRE. Rogan talks about this stuff a lot, and has hunters on somewhat regularly.

They also have to get a license and can't just kill whenever and how many they want. At least in some parts, don't know if that applies everywhere.

Yeah i think you can get permission if they're killing your livestock. I mean how else do you stop them? Lol

I am not against hunting and I allow it to proceed but I am against hunting predators for sport or consuming them here in your case which I rarely encounter but nonetheless I am against that firmly. These predators play a key rule in our ecosystem and should be protected from the small to the big once.

I wanna bring awareness to this issue and hopefully we will soon set up special forces to protect the wildlife in North America turning the tables where the hunters become the hunted. We need to change the law if poachers are catched doing illegal hunting they should be shoot on sight

You're gonna hunt me? Obviously you've never seen the movie The Most Dangerous Game, cause I'm a straight up G.

I wonder what people would say if they found out predators constantly kill one another. A dominant grizzly kills way more bear cubs than any person could find.

It’s legal, get over it cupcake. Stay in the city and leave wildlife management to those who are willing to do it.

I will soon exit the city life to serve a bigger purpose and protect the wildlife whatever force is created I am in it to protect them.

You're gonna hunt me? Obviously you've never seen the movie The Most Dangerous Game, cause I'm a straight up G.

I believe you but I will still call you out if I spot you hunting bears and mountain lions in old school western style then we will see whos faster to pull the tricker but don't worry you won't encounter me 1 vs 1 but a force vs 1 watch your back out there I won't be hesitant to pull the tricker on any poacher whatsoever

respect to the Lockwood Animal Rescue. These guys save endangered Grey Wolves while even FEDS kill them off.

I will soon exit the city life to serve a bigger purpose and protect the wildlife whatever force is created I am in it to protect them.

I believe you but I will still call you out if I spot you hunting bears and mountain lions in old school western style then we will see whos faster to pull the tricker but don't worry you won't encounter me 1 vs 1 but a force vs 1 watch your back out there I won't be hesitant to pull the tricker on any poacher whatsoever

The irony is that you'll have to learn how to hunt apex predators in order to hunt me.

Back