Is it better to be super tall and skinny, or really short and jacked?

Okay so lets analyse the champs in each division to determine whether more of them are tall or short for their divisions.
HW-Stipe-6ft 4-Normal height
LHW-Jones-6 ft 4-Tall
MW- Adesanya- 6ft 4- Tall
WW- Usman- 6ft- Taller Average
LW- Khabib- 5ft 10- Average
FW- Volkanoski- 5ft 6- short
BW- Cejudo -5ft 3- short

Notice that it is only in the smaller weight classes where being short seems to not matter. In all the other weight classes the best are either normal sized or tall. So the answer really depends on weight class. Overall though being tall won more times than being short, and being short only worked when the primary skill set of the fighter in question was wrestling.
So 4/7 champions are in the top 5%ile of height, and you say that height doesn't matter <_< . OK boomer

No, they won't. Being tall and super skinny is no better than being short and jacked.

I guess that's why models are so short and stocky, I was unfamiliar with the new beauty standard. Thanks for the enlightenment.

Faber.

jks but prior to the lower weights being introduced I'm sure that was plenty of 5'3 guys...Kid started at LW.

Tallest LW I can remember was Corey Hill...the leg break guy.

true, but kid was a gem.
come to think of it, i think benevidez might've fought at LW.

Short and skinny.

As big guys age and get weaker, it takes a lot more energy and effort to do things like stand up without help.

Being big and alpha has advantages that later become a hindrance

idk why everyone is making it seem like this so insane

he’s basically asking about corey hill v sean sherk plus or minus a inch or so

luckily all sherdogers have the best of both worlds 6’5 jacked 350 lbs

rumor has it though it might be the opposite way around

sherk isn't 5'3
Corey hill isn't 6'6
you're trying too hard to be the nonchalant guy

Reach matters more than height in combat sports.

I would imagine 6’6” and 155 lbs to look something like this...

FqIYk3s.gif
Sth like george roop

Assuming they have the same cage weight, the taller guy should win.

Of course, other variables play a role as well, but there's not a lot of things worse on the feet than a long striker who knows how to use his reach.

Imagine 2 hypothetical 155 lb fighters.

Is it better to be 6'6" 155 lbs?

Or is it better to be 5'3" 155 lbs?

Which wins in a real fight?
Speaking as someone who's 6'2" and 155lbs, and speaking on the fight to get women, I'd much rather be tall and skinny than a miniman. LL Tall Guy.

(i'm supposed to be 6'7" though. so, there's that)

Height rules.

Hell, let the women decide. That’s human nature, height is an attribute that is sought after.

George Roop is 6'1" and fought as low as 135. He knocked out the Korean Zombie in WEC. Almost retired him.

tall

(unless you're stefan struve and your crotch is at the perfect height for nut-shots)

GratefulCavernousBlackbuck-size_restricted.gif

More often than not tall, assuming the skill is there. But there's definitely a point of diminishing returns. 6'6 is way too tall for LW. short guy would ragdoll him

But say 6'1 with a build similar to Israel but LW form, would be the absolutely optimal.

A guy like Tommy Hearns is a prime example. 6'1 and fought between 145ish lbs to 168ish

shredded and tall, but not overly lanky. not an excessive amount of muscle, but enough to hit hard as absolute fuck and stay explosive throughout a fight.

hqdefault.jpg

This was the exact man that came to mind after rwding the OP. Tommy had that power you could hear through the TV, and threw punches with insane power from all angles.

It depends on your fighting style. Being short and bulkier is better for explosive wrestlers. Being long is important for strikers with a kick heavy game.

corey-hill-dale-hartt.jpg

cory hill is your example of tall. (rip)
UFC121_Weigh_Ins_28.jpg

short and jacked you say? sean muscle shark sherk is your guy.

one was a champion btw.

More often than not tall, assuming the skill is there. But there's definitely a point of diminishing returns. 6'6 is way too tall for LW. short guy would ragdoll him

But say 6'1 with a build similar to Israel but LW form, would be the absolutely optimal.

A guy like Tommy Hearns is a prime example. 6'1 and fought between 145ish lbs to 168ish

shredded and tall, but not overly lanky. not an excessive amount of muscle, but enough to hit hard as absolute fuck and stay explosive throughout a fight.

hqdefault.jpg

Hearns had a freaky build and muscle fibre ratio. Most guys his height and weight will be too weak to grapple. Tommy would of been fine but again, freak build.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back