Is it better to be super tall and skinny, or really short and jacked?

superpunch

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Imagine 2 hypothetical 155 lb fighters.

Is it better to be 6'6" 155 lbs?

Or is it better to be 5'3" 155 lbs?

Which wins in a real fight?

Imagine 2 hypothetical 155 lb fighters.

Is it better to be 6'6" 155 lbs?

Or is it better to be 5'3" 155 lbs?

Which wins in a real fight?

There's a huge variable missing. It's called skill.
No one body type has dominated.
And wtf, who was ever 5'3 and fought at LW? or the other?

Short.

6'6' 155lb would be slow, weak and super easy to knockout.

If we're including weight cutting then it would depend on how much weight the tall guy could cut.

Tall wins, he will be normal one day but other guy never

Definitely tall, i can't even imagine how "men" under 6'0 can even live like that

It's an absolute curse i wish upon nobody

I would imagine 6’6” and 155 lbs to look something like this...

FqIYk3s.gif

So many variables.

Short guy can close the distance fast if they are skilled enough

Tall guy can keep the short guy at the end of his jab if he is skilled enough

Really depends on alot of other things

Faber.

jks but prior to the lower weights being introduced I'm sure that was plenty of 5'3 guys...Kid started at LW.

Tallest LW I can remember was Corey Hill...the leg break guy.

I’m happy being 6’6” @ 275 with 5%bf like most sherdoggers.

I personally know muay thai fighters who are 6'5" (or above) that has fought at 160 pounds. It is doable. And at the end of the day, win or lose, they will always get more respect (and women) than the manlet.

I personally know muay thai fighters who are 6'5" (or above) that has fought at 160 pounds. It is doable. And at the end of the day, win or lose, they will always get more respect (and women) than the manlet.

No, they won't. Being tall and super skinny is no better than being short and jacked.

Definitely tall, i can't even imagine how "men" under 6'0 can even live like that

It's an absolute curse i wish upon nobody
As a 5'8 man, I can tell you: you make friends with even shorter people, and before you know it you're a god among manlets.

idk why everyone is making it seem like this so insane

he’s basically asking about corey hill v sean sherk plus or minus a inch or so

luckily all sherdogers have the best of both worlds 6’5 jacked 350 lbs

rumor has it though it might be the opposite way around

Short.

6'6' 155lb would be slow, weak and super easy to knockout.

If we're including weight cutting then it would depend on how much weight the tall guy could cut.
You'd think that the shorter guy would overpower the skinny tall guy. But whenever I see it played out in real life, the tall guy kinda just 'swallows' the shorter guy with his height.

More often than not tall, assuming the skill is there. But there's definitely a point of diminishing returns. 6'6 is way too tall for LW. short guy would ragdoll him

But say 6'1 with a build similar to Israel but LW form, would be the absolutely optimal.

A guy like Tommy Hearns is a prime example. 6'1 and fought between 145ish lbs to 168ish

shredded and tall, but not overly lanky. not an excessive amount of muscle, but enough to hit hard as absolute fuck and stay explosive throughout a fight.

hqdefault.jpg

welp,

being 5'9, and having to spar against guys as tall as 6'4, moar often than not, you're at a disadvantage, and you have to use fight iq/experience/tactics to effectively close the distance

Okay so lets analyse the champs in each division to determine whether more of them are tall or short for their divisions.
HW-Stipe-6ft 4-Normal height
LHW-Jones-6 ft 4-Tall
MW- Adesanya- 6ft 4- Tall
WW- Usman- 6ft- Taller Average
LW- Khabib- 5ft 10- Average
FW- Volkanoski- 5ft 6- short
BW- Cejudo -5ft 3- short

Notice that it is only in the smaller weight classes where being short seems to not matter. In all the other weight classes the best are either normal sized or tall. So the answer really depends on weight class. Overall though being tall won more times than being short, and being short only worked when the primary skill set of the fighter in question was wrestling.

Back