Is instagram just about showing off?

Yup, I show my dick on it daily.

All my friends have been telling me I need to join Internet. I caved and finally did but every time I look at what people are posting, it seems like it is just about trying to show how cool you are and make people envy you with all the cool places you go. Is this just a site for narcissists or is there real value to spending time on Internet?

Fixed.

For the most part. The only people I know besides my niece's and Nephew that have an Instagram account seem to be Vain people, so I guess a lot of it is about showing off.

For the most part. The only people I know besides my niece's and Nephew that have an Instagram account seem to be Vein people, so I guess a lot of it is about showing off.
Like this guy

stallone-shows-of.jpg

There is a shitload of awesome art & photography on instagram. So it's a good venue for that.

It's also great for keeping track of artists you like, so it's a good fan service.

And then it is good for interacting with people you know, so it's a social media as well.

And of course: Hot Bitches.

If you just have people showing off, then you are following the wrong people. Stop following them, & find some cool ones.

It's essentially a Modern day Maxim.

"The Modern Lifting Bro is now a Power Bodybuilder. You can't just be big, because you're Natty. So you have to be strong. You can't just be strong for yourself, that would be fucking ridiculous. You have to be strong for Instagram."
- Dom "the Brofessor" Mazzeti:)

"The Modern Lifting Bro is now a Power Bodybuilder. You can't just be big, because you're Natty. So you have to be strong. You can't just be strong for yourself, that would be fucking ridiculous. You have to be strong for Instagram."
- Dom "the Brofessor" Mazzeti:)

giphy.gif

Yeah, it's just for showing off. Not like other social media sites, which exist for the sharing of recipes, medical remedies, and scientific theories.

All social media is showing off really.

I've never used IG though... I've never used Twitter or Snapchat either.

That's not all it's supposed to be about, but when it comes to social media, people will mainly use it for narcissistic reasons. There have been many, many times where I get people asking me to make an instagram just so that i could follow them. Even though I tell them I don't look at other people's photos, nor do I take enough photos to facilitate an actual account. They still don't care and just want the extra follower. It's socially accepted self-admiring, conceited bullpoo.

I like instagram. It doesn't really bother me except when you see people that are unemployed, trust funders, etc. showing off their 30,000 a year millionaire lifestyle. It pisses me off when these people are on vacations year round and don't lift a finger. Luckily I only hate follow a couple of these people.

Deep down though, you know these people are just using social media to fill a serious void in their lives and are masking significant insecurities.

All social media is showing off really.

I've never used IG though... I've never used Twitter or Snapchat either.

Twitter is pretty much useless unless youre promoting your company or brand. Now to just view a Twitter page for Tour dates or something is ok but posting on their is really futile

Back