Is instagram just about showing off?

Pretty much, but you gotta keep in mind, most of it is smoke and mirrors, people just post the best part of their day or something cool that happened or they were doing. The rest of the day they probably didn't have shit going on.

I rarely post on there, probably once every 2 weeks or so.

Its important that you realize that YOU ARE the one who is "choosing" to see THAT. Thousands and millions of people use instagram and they dont see what you are seeing, so thats the main thing I can say , it is YOU who are choosing to see people who are showing you things as a way to tell you "how cool they are", other people might look at the same picture and just see a person in a place that they visited or doing something entertaining. So my point is you are choosing to see "nacissistic" people doing "cool things" because your criticism is projecting a lack or desire that you feel and thats what makes you hate it. Understand that your interpretation of what you see says more ABOUT YOU, not really about them. Good luck!

It is for people who aren't afraid to show off and aren't awkward about taking pictures of themselves or things in their vicinity.

It is a bit absurd but the people who hate stuff like Instagram are the real social aliens. I feel for them though since I myself am not an Instagram king. Although, I do have one.

OH and if you aren't good looking nobody cares what you post in reality.

This.

I realize we're all basement dwelling neckbeards here on this site, but even then, sherdog never ceases to amaze me with the amount of people who feel the need that they don't use or don't like social media. That's fine, in fact I agree that it can be a cesspool, and that people just post up the good or impressive on there for everyone to see. Of course it comes off as vain and narcissistic. But no ones forcing you to use it, so spare us the bullshit please.

There's nothing that screams I'm an introverted socially awkward individual and resent everyone that isn't, than posts like this about people disliking or "never using" social media. We get it. Now stop projecting it onto everyone else.

Last edited:
I don't really get it either. Facebook is far superior in terms of posting content, videos, pictures etc.

I think it, along with Snapchat, became the cool new thing. It's not so cool to like Facebook now.
I have it but only really have it because many famous people I like seem to use it a lot and it's their first port of call when it comes to posting pictures.

It just seems a bit odd to me. Like if you post a picture and a hashtag you'll just get all these random people liking it.

Eh. I know a girl who has thousands of followers and receives thousands of likes for her filtered photos even though she's like a 5/10 in real life. Plus she's poor and is dumb as fuck. So yes, girls use it for attention and guys use it to creep.

That's the funny thing.

I'm not on instagram but on say Facebook I know a bunch of girls who have thousands of friends and get white knighted and what not, I know them IRL and they're almost all socially awkward and not nearly as good looking as they portray themselves (angles etc.).

If you only saw their Facebook pages though you'd swear these bitches were 10 feet tall though.

Yeah I guess it is.

I use it as a means to marketing myself since I aim to start training people for fitness and martial arts in the future.

So yeah bitches, follow me on its.jaymma

I enjoy it. You get to see what your friends have been up to if you don't get to talk to them much, and there's a lot of creative stuff going on. The main page allowed me to see just how many people are taking steroids while posting poorly spelled quotes.

Instagram is actually a hotbed for prostitution and soliciting. If a chick is traveling to Dubai frequently or living a jetsetting lifestyle with no job, traveling first class, has booking info in her bio and/or shilling for Fit Tea, she's most likely a prostitute. They claim to be models but have no published campaigns and no agent but live an extremely expensive (allegedly) lifestyle. Hmmm.... Fit Tea ain't paying for all that

Tagthesponsor hilariously takes down these folks by catfishing them, promising to fly them out to Dubai to get shit on (literally) for money. They'll send photos of their ID, nude photos, videos of them farting/shitting (literally) to keep the "shiek's" attention. This includes IG famous "models" with thousands of followers. Comedy.

So yes, IG is basically for fake flossing. And meme pages. I follow a lot of accounts related to things I'm interested in bit most personal accounts I see are all about showing how awesome their lives are.

{<doc}{<jordan}<23>{<redford}{<huh}

Yeah, but that's why it's good. People are more selective. Interesting/beautiful/dank stuff only gets through so you spend less time wading through shit.

There's good food and fitness stuff to follow and national geographic is also pretty interesting, a lot of good nature photography and also lots of hot babes.

she is nice n meaty but misspetzak is my queen
i would kill to have her body, it is absolute perfection!
tumblr_nqfavyBp4z1sx3pffo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_npcgaihJyB1sx3pffo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o3ql9vb1Wa1tls0kfo1_500.png

tumblr_nzic0feHup1tls0kfo1_500.png

i guess there goes nofap

Don't undertand the purpose but yes it's gay. Next question

I just looked through mine and theres a taiwanese girl and i know her boyfriend . She is in her thirties and her parents still pay her rent and she is always posting snaps luxury shopping and going on vacation . The funny part is that the boyfriend is an unemployed 20 year old that lives in her downtown condo for free and she pays for every thing but on her instagram she instagrams jewelry and all sorts of stuff saying that her bf bought it for her but really she bought it all with her parents money and they are both living off her parents .

Instagram is for attention whore women who have low self esteem.

Instagram is for men who want to bang those women.

I don't Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, or Linkdin.

Potential employers should check out my Sherdog account.

I've never had any social media either. Never even had MySpace when it was huge.

Sometimes I'll play around on my friends Instagram to look at the sluts on there. If I had to get anything it would be Instagram. Seems alright and seems like a good place to meet Ho's through DM

It is for people who aren't afraid to show off and aren't awkward about taking pictures of themselves or things in their vicinity.

It is a bit absurd but the people who hate stuff like Instagram are the real social aliens. I feel for them though since I myself am not an Instagram king. Although, I do have one.

OH and if you aren't good looking nobody cares what you post in reality.

I think people hating on anything are projecting something missing in their life

Its important that you realize that YOU ARE the one who is "choosing" to see THAT. Thousands and millions of people use instagram and they dont see what you are seeing, so thats the main thing I can say , it is YOU who are choosing to see people who are showing you things as a way to tell you "how cool they are", other people might look at the same picture and just see a person in a place that they visited or doing something entertaining. So my point is you are choosing to see "nacissistic" people doing "cool things" because your criticism is projecting a lack or desire that you feel and thats what makes you hate it. Understand that your interpretation of what you see says more ABOUT YOU, not really about them. Good luck!

This is true. Which is why I don't take a lot of the stuff I see on IG serious. Most of it is just for seeking validation and likes.

There are people who use IG as a source of income since it is their livelihood. That I understand. As well as people trying to keep memorable moments as their own personal photo album to share with friends and family.

But taking pictures and uploading every single little detail of what you do, claiming to be a life expert, fitness expert, political expert, popping bottles and painting a picture of acting like someone when in reality you are not. That I don't soak in at all.

And IG and online social media gives you the option what YOU wanna see, so it's not like it's forced on you anyway.

I've never had any social media either. Never even had MySpace when it was huge.

Sometimes I'll play around on my friends Instagram to look at the sluts on there. If I had to get anything it would be Instagram. Seems alright and seems like a good place to meet Ho's through DM

I rather be old school. If I wanna catch up with someone, I rather call them and meet up. If I got photos on my phone I wanna share, I'll share it with who ever I'm with

I actually like it now because compared to Facebook which is just single moms posting bullshit links and neck beards posting silly conspiracy memes. It's shots from my friends living life and capturing cool moments which I can use as a source of inspiration to get off my ass and do something cool as well.

I also follow some of my fav photographers, some sweet jui jitsu hl pages, and snowboarding.

WAR Instagram

Back