Is gus the most overrated fighter of all time?

Renan Barao?

A few years ago Dana was selling him as the potential GOAT
At the time he was looking tremendous tho. Had some really really good wins too and finishes. Shame he fell off so bad

Shogun is up there as much as sherdog loves him

Gus is definitely not overrated I have been MMA fan for almost 10 yrs and i can safely tell you this

To be fair, Uncle Chael almost beat Jones too by doctor stoppage (toe injury).
You're right but I am pretty sure he didn't actually do anything to cause that injury. It would have been a TKO loss for Jones but it would have been pretty lame.

The Silva fight was a one sided in Sonnen's favor right until the comeback sub.

He nearly beat Jones, but its kind of weakened by Jones beating the fuck out of him in the rematch

He was so inactive and the division was so thoroughly wrecked that we’ll never know how good he was at his peak, because it fees like his peak has passed

Whatever peak he had ended when Rumble starched him in 20 seconds along with all the other contenders.

Still a damned good fighter and one of the few quality competitors left in the UFC LHW division, but his constant title opportunities were unwarranted.

Gus gave DC as well as Jones a run for his money. Not sure what the exact definition of overrated is in context of those two fights. Gus is like Mousasi, people just hate on him for no apparent reason. Hes a motherfucker of a fighter and easily couldve been champ of not for those two and Rumble. Fairly rated imo?

He most definitely is, 1 top 5 win in his whole career and it was an already broken down Shogun. Lost to every elite fighter he ever faced, and never won a title. Yet all the Jones haters and white supremacists were so desperate for him to be champion they put him on a God tier like great white hope status only to abandon him when Jones finally ended his mediocre tenure.

I like Conor but its probably him. Overrated doesn't mean bad and hes not the god some worship. Khabib too his wrestling is a lack of other strong wrestlers. Pettis might be another one but hes a product of he own amazing highlight. TJ was gaining quite the hype. Maybe even Cain as most overrated as he was never able to say active.

Outside of JJ, what current UFC LHWs would you pick to beat him?

He is going to have that defining moment the same way Chael does.

His biggest claim to fame is being the guy to ALMOST beat Jon Jones.

Just like Chael's claim to fame is being the guy to ALMOST beat Anderson Silva.
Chael is also undefeated in over 9000 combined mma fights and wrestling matches

RIP the career that never actually happened.

Lmao who was that massive fan that would argue to death for him melas or something?

Dude still post or has he fucked off with all the retarded shit he use to say.

Back