Is gus the most overrated fighter of all time?

he is very very overrated
the first fight with jones was not even that close
but at the time nobody expected him to stand a chance and this is why people have cried so much about a robbery

No he isnt. He is the new "Bisping at 185 (2010-2015)" meaning he beats everyone NOT champion and if you beat him youre ready for a title shot.

See: gatekeeper

Is Philipe Nover still the next GSP? Or as good as? Can't remember Dana's words exactly

Probably. His fans were calling him the goat and the real champ etc. And he lost every big fight he was in and never beat the top fighters.

definitely not. maybe a little overrated but not the most of all time

Overrated and Disappointment get confused sometimes. For me he is one of the biggest disappointments.

Expectations were at an all time high after the first Jones fight, then brought down to earth for anyone realistic after the AJ and Cormier fights.

You know you are on Sherdog when someone thinks bringing up a loss from 9 years ago as a reason as to why they are overrated. Has Gus been overrated? A bit, yes. His best performance to date is still his epic first fight against Jones and his loss to DC - but does losing mean you are a shit fighter or is it possible to see skills and abilities even if someone is losing? Anyone with common sense would of course say that even in defeat, you can show off your skills and climb the ladder. Gus is one of the best in a currently quite weak division, but overall I'd say he's perhaps fringe top 5 if we consider all LHWs that were active ever since he joined the UFC. I like Gus but I hope his loss to Jones results in him realizing he can't rely on past achievements - he needs to remain active and beat contenders and up and coming fighters.

best win: shogun past his prime (UD), nearly 40 years old teixeira
-0 punching power
- 7 fights in 6 years
- lost to phil davis in 1st round
Yes he is.

Also he put Jones in the hospital.

ADESANYA_ISRAEL_0.png

I have no idea why Gus has been top 5 for as long as he has. He's never beat anybody.
Going the distance with Jones and DC isn't an actual accomplishment if you lose.

Like, Gus is currently ranked #3 right? When did Gus ever beat the #3 guy to achieve that ranking?
The answer is never.

That is probably Cain, but I agree Gus is a bit overrated. He did however almost beat DC And Jones, and probably beats DC if they fight again.

best win: shogun past his prime (UD), nearly 40 years old teixeira
-0 punching power
- 7 fights in 6 years
- lost to phil davis in 1st round
No, Rhonda is by far the most overrated fighter. She got fed cans and has a very limited skillset. Wasn't even competitive against Nunes and Holm.

Difficult to discuss a phantom ranking made by an unknown source. I'm going with yes, no and I think he's rated pretty fairly.

no hes not overrated. gus is a constant top 5. the disrespect is real when someone loses jesus fuck. remember 1 fight ago when cowboy was washed up and needed to retire?

fickle ass fans

LHW top 5 are Dc,Gus,Bader,Davis. or the guy that just beat davis maybe because rumble retired.

gus is a constant top 5
Fun fact: 2012 Shogun is the only top 5 fighter Gus has ever defeated.
Shogun was #4, Jimi was #9, and Glover was #6.

Gus has been ranked #2-3 forever, despite literally never defeating the #2 or #3 fighter.
He beat #4 Shogun 7 years ago.

Back