Is Frank Mir a legend of the sport?

Absolutely.

Should be in the HOF.

I throw him, Arlovski, and Timmeh all in the same boat. legit champs, many great wins, but not the most well rounded/consistent with lots of embarrassing losses

Yes. Can't talk about HW submission artists without mentioning Mir.

2 time champ, headlined the biggest PPV ever, I think he's got the most wins at HW.

If he's not a HOF fighter then he's not far from it.

Probably not to those who have only been paying attention for 5 or 6 years. Anyone longer...absolutely

Three pages and not a mention of a failed drug test or TRT lol

UFC hall of famer for sure. Definitely one of the best UFC heavyweights. He doesn't have that many seriously impressive names on his resume though. His best wins are Tim Sylvia, Nog 2x, and a very green, panicking Brock Lesnar. His hit list is pretty thin when you view it in that light. Certainly not one of the top 5 GOAT HWs imo.

Without a doubt.

Top Tier HW Grappler. Former HW Champ. Wins over Silvia, Lesnar, Big Nog, CroCop, Bigfoot.

Can't wait for the guy to retire and get back to doing play-by-play like in the WEC days though. He's the best commentator in the business. Shoo-in for Rogan's replacement.

Yes of course he is a legend. most fights in UFC ever. Former champ, been around forever.

Yeah. The Nog fights did it for him; just Sylvia wasn't enough. I'd add CC to the list too, but that was just so awful it shouldn't be mentioned.

UFC legend yes. MMA legend, no, really good fighter but not great. Someone who isnt even top 10 alltime @ his weight class shouldnt be considered a legend.

Pretty much this.

UFC legend yes. MMA legend, no, really good fighter but not great. Someone who isnt even top 10 alltime @ his weight class shouldnt be considered a legend.
He is top 10 to me.
His longevity as a bridesmaid is impressive.
His wins over Nog still count, even if i think Nog fucked up.

Legend for sure.

Would be awesome if he took on some sort of commentator role within the UFC once retired.

For me personally, he is one of the greatest heavyweights in MMA history. He should have been much better than what his record shows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back