Is Frank Mir a legend of the sport?

CereserBr

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Id say yes: UFC heavyweight champion, cameback after a serious motorcycle acident, first man to finish Big Nog (twice) and broke many bones inside the octagon, lol...

6d9e8a6683d6fff45c22498487f373f6.763x1000x1.jpg

In a way I guess. but the ufc hw division has essentially always sucked until Cain and JDS came. Now it's just shallow.

He beat big nog fairly squarely but nogs limbs have been held on by super glue for a decade now.

If Frank isn't a legend of the sport then nobody is, his brutal submissions are up there with some of the best.

I wouldn't say legend. Being around forever doesn't qualify u as a legend. That word is massively overused and cheapens it entirely. There are a handful of mma legends and a whole lot of great fighters. Don't confuse the two

UFC legend yes. MMA legend, no, really good fighter but not great. Someone who isnt even top 10 alltime @ his weight class shouldnt be considered a legend.

he won the UFC HW title in 2 rather different eras. he's also in a shallow division so it helps propel his resume (not that being 2x champ in UFC needs any further propelling than on its own).

Yes he is. Future hall of famer fo sho!

More modern day pioneer then legend. Road the bridge from the dark days up until now.

Sure, why not. According to Sherdog, Maia is a legend. If he's made legend status, Mir did 10 years ago.

Underachiever!.....Could have been one of the greats.

F yes he is. Is he the best HW the ever compete? Hell no. Is a legend of MMA and especially the UFC? Unquestionably. I won't bother rattling off his accomplishments, but they're pretty substantial.

The only possible answer here is yes. If you feel like typing no, restrain and rethink your life.

What exactly is a legend?

I think he's overrated by Sherdoggers. I certainly would credit him for being the best if not one of the best HW BJJ players ever in the sport. Silvia and the 2 wins against Nogs are impressive, but he has tons of losses, some of which he was totally out classed.

He was definitely fun to watch and is one of the brightest MMA minds. I hope he becomes an analyst after he's done fighting because he's great.

Back