Is Francis Carmon one loss away from being cut?

I'd imagine Carmont to have less job security than his win/loss record would suggest. Doesn't bother me nearly as much as it seems to bother others.

Same here. If i don't look forward to them fighting, I don't care if they're cut.

I'll never understand the outrage over his last fight. I can understand the anger over his fights against Larkin and Lawlor, but not over Costa. He took Phillipou down consistently and was reasonably active. Again, I'll make the comparison to what Khabib did in the third round against Healy. Khabib gets lauded for it, whereas Carmont doesn't deserve to fighting under the UFC banner. Massive hypocrisy.

I'd imagine Carmont to have less job security than his win/loss record would suggest. Doesn't bother me nearly as much as it seems to bother others.

its not really about carmont, but about ufc constantly firing "expensive and boring" fighters, mostly the ones who derails hype trains

I'll never understand the outrage over his last fight. I can understand the anger over his fights against Larkin and Lawlor, but not over Costa. He took Phillipou down consistently and was reasonably active. Again, I'll make the comparison to what Khabib did in the third round against Healy. Khabib gets lauded for it, whereas Carmont doesn't deserve to fighting under the UFC banner. Massive hypocrisy.

Same. He implemented a game plan and was active enough to keep the fight relatively interesting.

Carmont can put on a snoozefest, but I'd be surprised if they cut him after just one loss.

If he were to lose his next two or three in a row, possibly, but I see him at least contending for a title before that happens.

I doubt it, he just beat a top 10 fighter. Theres no doubt he should probably try to be a little more entertaining. Dana doesn't care for LnP'ers too much.

Since Dana has said it was an awful fight, Carmont better go out there next fight and swing for the fences for the Just Bleed crowd.

How about for the crowd that enjoys actual entertainment....

With the level of professionalism displayed, I wouldn't be surprised to see him cut before he fights again.

okami easily beat a top 10 in belcher too, lost his next fight and got fired... are you retarded? no offense

You can point out where I ever even mentioned Okami, let alone claimed that he deserved to be cut. Then you can get flustered and call me a retard, again.

He'd young and looks like a monster so it'd probably take two in row for him to get cut. Not that I would mind him getting cut after one loss.

1 loss, doubtful since his next fight will be against a top 5 MW imo. but if he drops 2 straight I would say so

I think so... Dana is waiting for this, he hate fighters like that

better not lose his next fight. esp when dana already criticized him...

Back