Is Francis Carmon one loss away from being cut?

You can point out where I ever even mentioned Okami, let alone claimed that he deserved to be cut. Then you can get flustered and call me a retard, again.

if you wasnt sarcastic in the first post, dana just fired yushin okami a boring grinder who beat a top contender before losing one fight and getting fired.

thats the exactly situation of carmont

its not about okami or carmont deserving to be cut, its about what you think dana is gonna do

Gotta stand and bang, that's the only form of combat that is enjoyable apparently.

Crowds love submissions and agressive gnp, Carmont does neither of these.

Crowds love submissions and agressive gnp, Carmont does neither of these.

He's active enough, otherwise the ref would stand him up all the time. Maybe his opponent should have improved his takedown defense?

I wonder how this thing will unfold. According to the new assessment of fighters, Carmont could be in serious predicament within a near future. This will bring us more excitement, but I dont think it is an adequate development for MMA.

Yeah maybe. He is the ultimate lay and pray or wall and stall fighter. The Tom Lawlor fight, and the one he just had were two of the most boring fights ive ever seen.

The Lawlor fight was bullshit. And Carmont has more than one gift decision.

God let's hope so. I'd rather watch paint dry in slow motion for 15 mins than watch him fight again.

Cross your fingers it is so, because if the right people get injured, he's theoretically one win out of a title shot.

I can see him being cut the way he fought his last two fights. I would think it takes 2 losses even if they aren't consecutive.

Carmont is undefeated in the UFC, and on an 11 fight win streak, Okami was below .500 in big fights.

If Carmont drops 2 in a row he might go, but highly doubtful after 1

Carmont is undefeated in the UFC, and on an 11 fight win streak, Okami was below .500 in big fights.

again, his fights against lawlor and larkin were awful and could go to the other way easily

This is very similar to when UFC cut Jon Madsen. He won a series of really boring fights but as long as he was still winning they wouldn't cut him but the minute he lost a fight he was gone.

I was no fan of John Madsen, but he was starting to really get some steam when they cut him. His fight prior to the one he lost was a great performance in a quick, easy and brutal stoppage of Yvel. If I'm correct, didn't he lose a split decision and then get cut? Some bullshit man

Frank Mir is below .500 in big fights. Bisping is as well. Clay Guida is as well. BJ Penn too, in recent years. Chael Sonnen. There are more examples but I have yet to see anyone make an actual compelling argument as to why Okami should have been cut

Since Dana has said it was an awful fight, Carmont better go out there next fight and swing for the fences for the Just Bleed crowd.

He doesn't have to swing for the fences but he should try to advance his position and more ground and pound and less girly tennis grunts.

Back