Is Eddie hall delusional?

Oceanmachine

Tidwell belt
Banned
Reaction score
Eddie hall is 6"3 flat with a wide frame but not long arms.

He is weighing 355lbs now. Doesnt want to go much lower

0_Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-223602.png

Hafthor who he (Eddie is fighting) is 6"9 and is now 345lbs with 8 pack abs and still very strong with a much larger frame.

Now logically. Overall Hafthor is stronger and a much larger human. Eddie had a 500kg world record deadlift. Hafthor beat it at 501kg. Hafthor also placed top 3 way more than Eddie in the Arnold and WSM.

Hafthor 345lbs. Still deadlifting over 800lbs and freakish strong. Also 6"9.. Let us recall the tallest boxing champ ever was 7 foot but 320lbs with not a lot of muscle on him. With that in mind were is the logic in a 6"3 man being 355lbs?

0_Screen-Shot-2021-04-08-at-201749.png

Eddie hall is 6"3 flat with a wide frame but not long arms.

He is weighing 355lbs now. Doesnt want to go much lower

0_Screen-Shot-2021-02-24-at-223602.png

Hafthor who he (Eddie is fighting) is 6"9 and is now 345lbs with 8 pack abs and still very strong with a much larger frame.

Now logically. Overall Hafthor is stronger and a much larger human. Eddie had a 500kg world record deadlift. Hafthor beat it at 501kg. Hafthor also placed top 3 way more than Eddie in the Arnold and WSM.

Hafthor 345lbs. Still deadlifting over 800lbs and freakish strong. Also 6"9.. Let us recall the tallest boxing champ ever was 7 foot but 320lbs with not a lot of muscle on him. With that in mind were is the logic in a 6"3 man being 355lbs?

0_Screen-Shot-2021-04-08-at-201749.png

He’s stronger than Eddie, but didn’t win WSM until after Eddie retired?? And lost to him in the final the year before? He’s definitely bigger though

Does he have the world deadlift record? I thought it was unofficial?

Both looked horrible boxing, but the mountain looked less horrible. It’s gonna be whoever lands first.

He’s stronger than Eddie, but didn’t win WSM until after Eddie retired?? And lost to him in the final the year before? He’s definitely bigger though

Does he have the world deadlift record? I thought it was unofficial?

Both looked horrible boxing, but the mountain looked less horrible. It’s gonna be whoever lands first.

Yeah its technically unofficial. As I recall the years before Eddie won Hafthor did better. I actually think Eddie will win because I think he has more fighting experience in his life. He described his childhood as always fighting, being hit with bottles. Loving to box. So a fighters mentality, the ability to take pain in punches is VERY different then being big and strong. Lesnar proved that. I suspect and from what I saw Hafthor is no Wanderlei he does not like being hit, psychologically he doesnt enjoy it to the way insane fighters it makes them mlre violent ir hungry.

If Eddie wins I would attribute it to him focusing on power and defense.

But I dont think if he wins he will beat many legit boxers just due to how heavy he is on a barely 6"3 frame

Yeah its technically unofficial. As I recall the years before Eddie won Hafthor did better. I actually think Eddie will win because I think he has more fighting experience in his life. He described his childhood as always fighting, being hit with bottles. Loving to box. So a fighters mentality, the ability to take pain in punches is VERY different then being big and strong. Lesnar proved that. I suspect and from what I saw Hafthor is no Wanderlei he does not like being hit, psychologically he doesnt enjoy it to the way insane fighters it makes them mlre violent ir hungry.

If Eddie wins I would attribute it to him focusing on power and defense.

But I dont think if he wins he will beat many legit boxers just due to how heavy he is on a barely 6"3 frame

he grew up in a rough town so he would probably be used to fighting. I’ve known a few lads from stoke and they all loved a punch up

You should watch Thor’s little 3 round fight he had with a British CW recently (his name alludes me). He actually floored him with a shoulder shot due to pure force in tje 1st round. However he was getting lit up in the last round as soon as the boxer got his timing. He would’ve stopped him if the fight was any longer. These guys can seriously hurt anyone if they landed, but they won’t land anything on even a domestic level pro. Eddie looked awful on the pads, but aggression, and landing that big shot first is all it’s gonna take. I’m actually quite intrigued

by the way, I just deadlifted 502lbs

he grew up in a rough town so he would probably be used to fighting. I’ve known a few lads from stoke and they all loved a punch up

You should watch Thor’s little 3 round fight he had with a British CW recently (his name alludes me). He actually floored him with a shoulder shot due to pure force in tje 1st round. However he was getting lit up in the last round as soon as the boxer got his timing. He would’ve stopped him if the fight was any longer. These guys can seriously hurt anyone if they landed, but they won’t land anything on even a domestic level pro. Eddie looked awful on the pads, but aggression, and landing that big shot first is all it’s gonna take. I’m actually quite intrigued

I think Eddie is intentionally acting like he isnt so serious and not putting stuff out to have Hafthor be over confident. How many rounds is the Hafthor vs Eddie fight?

Eddie will be able to take Hafthors power. He outweighs him. Hafthor I think will not like the duration and being hit back

wide frame but not long arms.

8 pack abs

500kg world record deadlift.

placed top 3 way more than Eddie in the Arnold and WSM.

with not a lot of muscle on him.

I find the terminology here hilarious. Just recently someone opened a thread, asking how Usyk can gain more muscle mass.
Do todays kids grasp boxing in the slightest?

I think Eddie is intentionally acting like he isnt so serious and not putting stuff out to have Hafthor be over confident. How many rounds is the Hafthor vs Eddie fight?

Eddie will be able to take Hafthors power. He outweighs him. Hafthor I think will not like the duration and being hit back

hopefully not more than 3 x2 min rounds. They’ll be heart attack candidates if it’s any longer.

502lbs is no joke, what do you weigh?

I’m down at 154lbs and my max deadlift is 185kg. Hoping to pull 200kg this year.

In all sincerity mate if you ever want any programs or tips on lifting drop me a dm. I competed in powerlifting for years and have no doubt I could have you pulling 220kg in no time

185kg is strong for your weight, fair play and happy lifting

Have you been training through lockdown?

I’m Rubbish at deadlifts dude. I’ve been training all through lockdown, but only light weights and a lot of fckin bag work. 5-6 days every week for the last year. I’m 46 and never felt fitter. My bodies creaking though

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back