Is Dana stacking 299 to counter program Ngannou's next fight?

blaseblase

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I can't help but notice that immediately after Ngannou vs Anthony Joshua was announced, Dana comes out and announced 2 major fights, Poirier vs Saint-Denis being scheduled for the same weekend as Ngannou vs Joshua.

He did the exact same thing when Ngannou vs Fury was announced. Do you think it is coincidence or related?

of course, got to change the narrative b. get that last talking point in. i enjoy it. at least we know now that a decent fight will be announced.

Dana is in direct war with Frank and has decided he wants to come out on top. No matter the costs!

But seriously I think they just dont want 299 to come off as throwaway card while everybody waits for 300. In the end they want you to buy all of them.

They want there to be a lot of momentum going into 300. They know people will buy 300, so it doesn't necessarily need to be more stacked from head to toe.

I suspect 301 and/or 302 cards will be strong sellers too, they'll probably put McGregor on there.

The period around UFC 300 is a chance for them to make a strong impression and get new fans as MMA fans will probably drag their non-MMA friends to see them.

This is why competition is good, actually. The UFC needs some fighters that push back on their cheap bullshit. It’s good for the fighters as a whole. Now, Dana needs to get a fight for Aspinall. Then all the divisions will be working

He could put Mcgregor on the same night Francis is fighting, they'll lose out to boxing that night! Saudis are no joke and it doesn't get bigger than Joshua/Francis in combat sport in 2024!

Dana cups Big Frank's balls at this point.

Frank basically owns the UFC.
Funny because I don’t recall Fury Ngannou selling all that well. He got paid but Dana was kinda correct too. Not to mention the article stating Frank doesn’t think he’s finna fight this year in mma

He could put Mcgregor on the same night Francis is fighting, they'll lose out to boxing that night! Saudis are no joke and it doesn't get bigger than Joshua/Francis in combat sport in 2024!
😂. If trolling, you’re doing excellente. If serious well the same just 😂

Funny because I don’t recall Fury Ngannou selling all that well. He got paid but Dana was kinda correct too. Not to mention the article stating Frank doesn’t think he’s finna fight this year in mma

Yeh, but no one cares if Fury/Frank sold well. The Saudi's wanted to see it so they paid for it. Frank only cares that he got paid, which he did.

And yeh, no way he's fighting this year in MMA. That would be dumb. He'll make way more doing boxing. He's not going to go back to MMA when he can just fight in boxing for so much more money.

I'd be very surprised if PFL ever make a cent out of Big Frank at this point.

Yeh, but no one cares if Fury/Frank sold well. The Saudi's wanted to see it so they paid for it. Frank only cares that he got paid, which he did.

And yeh, no way he's fighting this year in MMA. That would be dumb. He'll make way more doing boxing. He's not going to go back to MMA when he can just fight in boxing for so much more money.

I'd be very surprised if PFL ever make a cent out of Big Frank at this point.
It’s great for Big Frank though sucks for mma fans hence my dislike of the dude. I find him disingenuous and could always saw his pants were on fire. He doesn’t “own” the UFC though. Him fighting in and making the PFL more successful than Dana’s org would be owning them. This is just him proving he’s a lying greedy ass capitalist like the rest of us and rightfully so but all that fighting the good fight for the average mma fighter malarkey was a load of shit. He’s no better than Dana or Conor and all the smiling pics of him put on mma websites by hacks who couldn’t get a better writing gig (“journalists”) isn’t going to change my mind.

Last edited:
It's just business competition (not personal or petty) and yeah it could very well be to outshine Ngannou vs Joshua. It's how the UFC often operates.

It’s great for Big Frank though sucks for mma fans hence my dislike of the dude. I find him disingenuous and could always saw his pants were on fire. He doesn’t “own” the UFC though. Him fighting in and making the PFL more successful than Dana’s org would be owning them. This is just him proving he’s a lying greedy ass capitalist like the rest of us and rightfully so but all that fighting the good fight for the average mma fighter malarkey was a load of shit. He’s no better than Dana or Conor and all the smiling pics of him put on mma websites by hack couldn’t get a better writing gig “journalists” isn’t going to change my mind.

His dream was to box and he is living it, I don't see how that makes him a "greedy liar". Not sure why you threw capitalist in there, are you a commie? Do you have to be a commie to not be hated?

I dont see any reason to dislike the guy. He came from nothing, working in the sand mines, and at the age of 37 is finally doing what he dreamed of and succeeding at it. He's got an incredible story. What else does he need to do for you to not hate him?

Back