Is Cyborg's Career Over?

dana dont mad at me! i fight Joanna champion at 145 OK?!

GettyImages-531281772.0.jpg

If USADA suspends her it will only be for about a year, which is roughly how much time she needs to recover from the weight cut anyways. Her career is far from over.

If USADA suspends her it will only be for about a year, which is roughly how much time she needs to recover from the weight cut anyways. Her career is far from over.

It is her second time. She will get at least a year.

I'd have to say yes.

I can't imagine the UFC letting her come back a year from now. Dana has got to be really pissed. The stigma will just be too much. Nothing she ever does will be considered legit.

She knowingly took a banned substance. That can't be justified. If it's legit like she says... Why wasn't a TUE applied for ? Why did it only come to light after she popped ? Those two things can't be reconciled. Add in refusing the title fight, and it seems very clear to me what happened here.

I can't imagine her defence working in any manner. You'd have to be a complete idiot to believe her explanation. A fighter using a substance for a legit medical reason wouldn't avoid testing like she tried to do. Or not apply for a TUE. They'd be telling the world about it. Making it public could be a way of pressuring the USADA to issue a TUE.

Go public and try to garner support, and sympathy for being so sick that you have to take medication. Even if the reason you are supposedly so sick is because you roided in the past to the point that you can't get your weight down.

Come on.

She's done in any reputable company. If she ever fights in the UFC again. I'd be genuinely shocked. And I sure as fuck would not condone, or watch such a farce.
From what I hear, Lyoto Machida let USADA know his medication up front, and they popped him anyways, lol! USADA is by no means a perfect system. It has it's place, but certain aspects need to be seriously reformed. The list of banned substances keeps getting longer and longer every day, and a lot of the shit is in over the counter meds like Ibuprofen. Protein shakes could easily have banned substances. All kinds of shit that nobody's even heard of could be banned. Fighters have said for a long time that keeping up with the banned substances is a real pain in the ass and that it's very easy to miss something by mistake. I don't know the intent behind this, but I can see the argument from both sides here. I can see why people are assuming the worst, but I also believe that Cyborg's reasons for taking a banned substance as a medication prescribed by her doctor could be legit as well. Lets see how it plays out before we throw a human being to the lions. I swear, people on here have no shame in being complete and utter assholes. I stayed away from these forums for a long time, and I had forgotten why. Now I remember. Everybody is a doctor, nutritionist, pro fighter (keyboard warrior), rocket scientist, and so on. Nothing but fighter bashing left and right. Not just Cyborg, but even with Ronda... and I can't stand Ronda, but I thought there were rules against fighter bashing? Oh well.

I said over a month ago that Rizin is the best place for Cyborg. There she can take whatever she wants and fight at open weight.

Hopefully.

Came here to say exactly this.

Hopefully she will just STFU and go away now. Steroid bully that refused to lose muscle mass to compete with actual women.

She's done without a very airtight excuse. 2 time offenders .... ....

Do people realize that it was a diuretic, and not a steroid that she failed for?
And why would someone that is supposedly recovering from a bad weight cut be using a diuretic other than to use as a masking agent? There is no legitimate reason why Cyborg was using a diurectic.

She is a steroid cheat. Deal with it.

It is a shame. I liked watching her fights. But I don't know if she can ever be 'clean' and it is unfair to all the other fighters that play by the rules.

Whats clear to me is the 145 division was built with her in mind,and you cant build a division around someone who is so flagrantly cheating.

The way its looking right now is they hope holly wins and ronda wins then they do the rematch for the 145 belt to make ronda the first consecutive 2 division champion in womens history.

Nlookin post: 125313135 said:
She is not a name well known outside of the usual MMA fans, certainly not a huge name. Casuals have no idea who she is for the most part. Her name is nothing. The competitors will do the draw, not her. She might get some press now but that will in no way help her cause. When people see her and know that she was busted twice, they will have no interest in her. She is not Holly, Ronda, Meisha or Gina. She looks like she's been taking steroids all of her life. That's what people will see when they look at her (talking casuals)

Are you joking? Other than Ronda, Cyborg would bring the biggest buzz and viewership against the other top female fighters.

What you don't get is, there's only Ronda, Holly, then Cyborg that are big names in woman's MMA, and in that sense, in woman's MMA, she is a huge name.

WMMA is really a niche within a niche anyways, so saying only hardcores, and some casuals knowing about Cyborg is so obvious. And among the hardcore, and a few casuals, she is one of the top WMMA fighters they/we know. So, your point sucks ass.

Cyborg is already fucked, reputation wise, no need to still be threatened by her, Ronda ass licker.

He/She/It shouldn't have made it in the UFC in the first place.

Clean or not, she is an imposing killer of a fighter. The women's divisions are just not that deep yet, so I could totally see her getting another shot if any promotion needed decent competition or name recognition. Don't tell me that the UFC would not bring her back if they thought that she would sell PPVs.

And why would someone that is supposedly recovering from a bad weight cut be using a diuretic other than to use as a masking agent? There is no legitimate reason why Cyborg was using a diurectic.

She is a steroid cheat. Deal with it.

Really it is a shitty masking agent. However, in some cases it can function as an anti-androgen, helping reduce or decrease masculinization secondary to anabolic steroid use.

Well she can always become a new hollywood star, perhaps the new Megan Fox in Transformers alike.

Yeah, she can play one of the trucks, w/o any need for special effects nor makeup....GTFO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back