Is Cyborg's Career Over?

58miles

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
In 2012 Cyborg failed a doping test for the PED stanozolol after her fight with Hiroko Yamanaka and was suspended for a year and now in 2016 she gets flagged for a a diuretic called spironolactone by USADA and faces another year long suspension.

After her suspension does the UFC take her back and give her another chance to fight for the belt or do they cut ties with her once and for all? If that happens does she go back to Invicta, even if they do take her back could they even afford to pay her? Does Bellator sign her? Does Rizin sign her? If they doesn't is Cyborg doomed to spend the rest of her career in local/regional promotions?

At the end of the day should Cyborg just retire? After this latest test failure is Cyborg's career over?

Any meaningful career it is fair to say.

Knowing her shed take freak fights in japan. Gotta eat somehow.

What career she had? Your career can't be over if u never had a legit one, I'm sure she will keep fighting cans in another promotion

Just like Jones, Silva, Machida, Yoel, Chad, barnett and inumerous other fighters that keep fighting after suspension.

Her career has been beating smaller fighters outside of a few legitimate women. I like her fights, but it's as if she was never interested in seeing her full potential anyway. She simply talked about it for years.

Just like Jones, Silva, Machida, Yoel, Chad, barnett and inumerous other fighters that keep fighting after suspension.
This is different and you know it. They have divisions to fight in.

Doubtful, but the people praying she gets a short suspension are going to be very disappointed.

2nd offense and even if they buy her bullshit story, she didn't disclose until she was popped. Minimum 1 year and I expect longer since it is her second time. Even longer still (over 2 years) because I don't know if they'll buy her story.

Will the UFC re-sign her after her suspension is up ,she only has 2 more fights on her contract?

Not really, as long as the UFC does indeed make a 145 lb. division, but at this point, they might even scrap that.

But Cyborg's old in fighting years, and let's assume she's not a complete retard, and lays off the roids for her comeback fight. Her confidence and physicality might be completely gone, and she might get beat up in there comeback fight. Not to mention, she's probably gonna be out for a year or 2, so she'll be rusty also.

Post busted by USADA Cyborg might look horrible. But technically, no, her careers not over. I can't see Dana just letting her go, and banning her, since she's still a huge name for the women's division, and brings interest and viewers.

Also, they can still cash out on a superfight with Borg and Ronda, or Borg and Holly. Hell, Borg and anyone. Maybe even Miesha.

But watch, if Borg looks bad in her comeback fight, watch all these 135 lb. fighters all of a sudden calling her out, and now wanting the fight, coincidentlally.

Will the UFC re-sign her after her suspension is up ,she only has 2 more fights on her contract?
I really dont know. She ruined alot of their plans with this shit. Makes the ufc look goofy. She cant be counted on. Usada still gonna throw these tests at her when she comes back.

Well, she not only has a history of drug testing failure, but scale tampering and coming in over weight, from her first fight to her last fight. Her career features a resume filled with women one and two weight classes below hers, and she had to cheat to compete against them.

So her career - which is a joke - is hopefully over.

She can fight Gabi Garcia and Hong man Choi in Japan, but her UFC life is terminated even before it began! Cyborg is an UFC abortion to tell the truth...

The fact it's her second infraction means she'll probably get more time than a first infraction.

What kind of question is this?

She's 31 and a big name in the women's MMA world.

Well, she not only has a history of drug testing failure, but scale tampering and coming in over weight, from her first fight to her last fight. Her career features a resume filled with women one and two weight classes below hers, and she had to cheat to compete against them.

So her career - which is a joke - is hopefully over.

On top of all that,she kept calling out smaller women,women who can make 135 no problem,which she refused to do,to move up and fight her on roids.

Back