Is Cormier the next to suffer the Mir curse?

I don't like this fight for Mir. As for what will happen to Cormier after he beats Mir...that'll be in his own hands. There's no such thing as curses and fate.

Oh there certainly is. :cool:

dam TS< now i know wtf happened to wes sims. wait . nevermind. the mir curse is real people, shane carwin retired b/c of it i feel like.

everyone that beat Mir will suffer the Mir Curse for real lol.
DC will definitely beat Mir but he will suffer and might loose in his next fight. why?

because he probably fight Jon Jones next or JDS next. i know if DC fight JDS next, i think JDS will definitely finish DC. it's not going to be like JDS vs Cain 2. JDS has learn from his mistake. this is why i can't wait for JDS vs Cain 3 cause i know JDS will definetly going to fight back more instead of just defend himself like the 2nd fight.
the only thing is that i think Mark Hunt might KO JDS because JDS already got the Mir curse. if Hunt KO JDS then i guess Mir curse is definitely real as it get.

if DC beat Mir, he probably will fight Jones for sure and we all know, weight don't even matter, the more skills fighter win. Jones will destroy DC just like Jones beat Reshad easily and even go easy on Reshad. i watch the fight, Jones didn't even want to finish Reshad so he go easy on Reshad because they were friends and Reshad draw big PPV for that fight. it's more like a friendly match. as for DC, he ain't no Jones friend, Jones will finish DC.

if DC loose to Mir, i guess he won't be curse. if he win, it might happen to what i said above.

DC is going to beat Mir most likely, he is stylistically a nightmare of a match up for Mir.

i 100% agree with ya dawg, but i think its safer to say that any heavyweight that throws punches to the chin is a bad matchup for mir.

I think DC will KO him but if it turns into a grappling match it could be awesome.

Maybe he could do the top 5 a favour and just retire mir to end ''the curse'':icon_chee

That's not bad either, but IF the curse works proportionately and consistently then Mir's retirement would signal the end of MMA.:wink:

it's like a "The Mir Curse" horror movie.

Ian Freeman who TKO Mir, in his next fight against Andrei Arlovski, Andrei KO him lol, Mir curse start from here.

later was Marcio Cruz, he TKO Mir then his next two fights, he got curse, loss to Jeff Monson and got KO by Andrei Arlovski too.

then next victim, Brandon Vera, after he TKO Mir, his next two fights were against Tim Sylvia and Fabricio Werdum, he losses both fight and got TKO by Werdum

next was Brock Lesnar, so beast he beat Mir brutally, later he almost got beat by Carwin till Carwin gas out in the 2nd round and Brock just got a rear neck choke to win lol.
then fight Cain next and got brutally TKO badly by Cain.
later also got TKO by Overeem so badly too. back to WWE.

Shane Carwin undefeated and brutally KO Mir badly then later loss to Brock even though he beat Brock badly in the 1st round, loss by gas out like i said above in Brock section.
Carwin next fight against JDS, got beaten by JDS in a bloody mess and his nose were broken. next return since then, guess he should retire now.

JDS was the next Mir curse victim.
Cain vs Mir was suppose to be the fight till Overeem test positive and the opponents got switch. Cain vs Big Foot, Mir vs JDS (JDS beat Mir by TKO in the 2nd round, then got Mir Curse lol)
JDS vs Cain 2 came, so since JDS got the Mir Curse, he got brutalize by Cain fo 5 rounds, look bad for a champion even though he has the heart.
Cain is lucky he didn't get to fight Mir or else he probably would never beat JDS in the rematch lol.

The Mir Curse, based on a true story. I think some years in the future Mir will make a movie like this for sure.
Whoever beat Mir will get curse and loose in his next fight.

I'd say tis really a reflection on Mir's lack of toughness which has led to both upsets and to him being used to hype guys the UFC want to push, many of whome turn out to be glass cannon's who can't stand up to a tougher test than he provides.

Knowing what we know now few of these results are really that supprizing.

This is why Lesnar is one of the GOATs. He's the only man to defy this curse.

Brock beat Mir in the 2nd fight. If he had lost, he'd be an afterthought. In his next fight he miraculously beat Shane Carwin. So much for a "Mir Curse."

How are you guys not getting this?

Both Lesnar and Carwin were coming off a win over Mur before fighting each other. Thus the curse hit its first ever paradox. Both men can't lose at the same time, so instead the next best thing happened: Carwin beat the daylights out of Brock in the first round, only then to have his victory and the championship snatched away from him in the 2nd. While Brock lost his colon, his next 2 fights and his MMA career.

Brock almost died due to a disease and came back to fight when Doctors said he would never fight again.. Brock's losses were after he was debilitated by his disease and surgeries not because of the "Mir Curse"

Dude.. this is not a serious thread, why ruin it by giving a serious answer?

Brock almost died due to a disease and came back to fight when Doctors said he would never fight again.. Brock's losses were after he was debilitated by his disease and surgeries not because of the "Mir Curse"

Because this thread is SHOOOPER SHHEEERRIOOOOUS!
tumblr_m1oqhnHwws1r4gei2o1_400.gif

Everyone loses eventually, therefore everyone who beats Frank Mir loses eventually. One fight is not much of a nosedive.

You must not see it. Everybody loses their NEXT fight, not just eventually. The only exception was Lesnar beating Carwin because they both just came off a fight with Mir, so one of them had to win. But the fight after the Carwin victory, he lost.

I'm not saying I believe because it's a silly notion to believe that there is a supernatural force making them lose, but if DC wins and get's Velasquez or Jones next, he'll lose in my opinion, and the curse will continue.

And who is to say that the "Mir curse" did not also give Brock the bad intestines? I say the curse really did a number on Brock. He's lucky he came out alive. He should be thanking Mir for the second chance in life.:icon_lol:

curse? mayby mir is just so good gatekeeper that next fight after u defeat him will be vs some top fighter, usually leading to lose it

well, if you lose you arm getting snapped like Nog or ktfo out like Nog

oh year Mir>Nog

Back