Is Cormier the next to suffer the Mir curse?

CrazyAlex

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
JDS's devasting loss to Cain finally proved to us that the curse is real. Every fighter that beats Mir gets cursed by his black magic and his career takes a nosedive. As a big fan of Cormier, I was relieved when their original match in strikeforce was called off. But now, unfortunately for Cormier, the match is rescheduled. Should Cormier lose to Mir on purpose to avoid the curse?

I don't like this fight for Mir. As for what will happen to Cormier after he beats Mir...that'll be in his own hands. There's no such thing as curses and fate.

Cormier should definitely consider not winning this fight.
It would make Mir move up the ladder and possibly put the curse on one of Cormiers future opponents..
He has to be rational about this.

Everyone loses eventually, therefore everyone who beats Frank Mir loses eventually. One fight is not much of a nosedive.

idk what to think, whit Mir it can go either way, from a very dissapointing loss to an awesome submission, but against Cornier he can attempt some foot lock or knee bar, and make a decent fight overall

Depends on who he faces. JDS or Jones might beat him. I dont know about the rest of the division.

Mir gave it to Vera and Vera still got it, you can see it on his arm a little, it's kind an off white goo, like a jinx

What happened to the whole, "if Cain wins Cormier is goin 205" thing? Say he beats Mir, what then? A title-elimnator? Great. He will have earned a shot to fight a guy who will not fight him. Let him fight a ranked lhw at catchweight. If he wins that, vs Bones for the title. Of course I'm just getting ahead of the situation; really wanna see Jones/Cormier.

I thought the Mir fight was just to give him a credible opponent in Strikeforce. Why doesn't he fight JDS?

I am just happy that the Mir vs Anderson Silva fight never materialized. It would have changed everything

Mir has never lost two in a row. So there's that.

I am just happy that the Mir vs Anderson Silva fight never materialized. It would have changed everything

Mir would have subbed him in a round.

Cormier should definitely consider not winning this fight.
It would make Mir move up the ladder and possibly put the curse on one of Cormiers future opponents..
He has to be rational about this.

Certainly. The Mir curse is very real, and it has proven itself time and time again. The Madden curse lasted until Madden 13 (some believe 13 as an unlucky number cancelled the curse). The Madden curse worked 12 times, and Mir has only cursed 5 opponents. His next seven losses will likely have the powerful black magic.

:)

brock lesnar won his fight against shane after he beat mir?

JDS's devasting loss to Cain finally proved to us that the curse is real. Every fighter that beats Mir gets cursed by his black magic and his career takes a nosedive. As a big fan of Cormier, I was relieved when their original match in strikeforce was called off. But now, unfortunately for Cormier, the match is rescheduled. Should Cormier lose to Mir on purpose to avoid the curse?

Even a loss as mostly one sided as JDS lost to Cain it is still one loss. One less does not equal a career nose dive. Nog has lost to Mir twice and was old(in terms of bouts) when he lost the first time. Carwin was also bound to be on the downside due to age and the fact that no one stays unbeaten with all first round finishes.

Back