Is Cormier the next to suffer the Mir curse?

Cormier should definitely consider not winning this fight.
It would make Mir move up the ladder and possibly put the curse on one of Cormiers future opponents..
He has to be rational about this.

IS9ET.gif

What happened to the whole, "if Cain wins Cormier is goin 205" thing? Say he beats Mir, what then? A title-elimnator? Great. He will have earned a shot to fight a guy who will not fight him. Let him fight a ranked lhw at catchweight. If he wins that, vs Bones for the title. Of course I'm just getting ahead of the situation; really wanna see Jones/Cormier.

LOL, nobody at 205 will fight this guy, he's a monster.

Jones is the only guy with a chance at 205 to beat Cormier.

I wouldn't exactly equate losing a rematch to a former world champ who only has one loss with a "nosedive." I don't care how decisive the loss was. It's still one loss. "Curses" are as prevalent in Combat sports as four-leaf clovers, rabbits feet & a "genie in a bottle." Bring on Cormier-Mir!!!

Kinda like the Lesnar curse. The last two people who beat Brock ended up getting brutally KO'd in their next fight after that.

He'll beat Mir and lose to Jones.
Why do people take fights against Mir, its a lose lose situation.

5 pages in a Mir thread to finally see the headphone Mir.... Step your game up sherdoggers.

The fight was first cancelled though so maybe that takes away the curse. Maybe we will see jones hellbowing Cormier in the future.

Cormier lifts all curses with his wrestling. :icon_lol:

If DC moves to LHW after this, not many fighters can beat him

Not entirely convinced that Cormier even beats Mir. Sure he's the favorite, but I don't think that his hands are great enough to say that he's going to (T)KO Mir, and Frank's quite aggressive off his back.

It's a fight that I'm quite looking forward to seeing.

Strongly disagree. Cormier is a beast. His hands are phenomenal. 1st round tko for Daniel.

Because of my certainty of this outcome, I'm NOT looking forward to it. Gimme right for Daniel.

If DC moves to LHW after this, not many fighters can beat him

Probably not, the only question would be how the weight cut would affect him of course. I think he'd beat Hendo but that would be interesting for mine.

Greg Jackson made Frank Mir stop using voodoo in order to train with gim an Winklejohn. So no Cormier is the next Fedor.

Cormier should make short work of Mir and drop to 205 win a fight or two and be in contention. Who knows tho, because Bones is eventually going up to Heavy-weight too, right ?

This is why Lesnar is one of the GOATs. He's the only man to defy this curse.

LOL after reading through only half of page one I cannot believe some people responding all serious LMAO... instead of making this a prolonged joke thread I just imagine these people with a stern face and no sense of humor thinking they truly taught us a lesson in life, like this guy:
I don't like this fight for Mir. As for what will happen to Cormier after he beats Mir...that'll be in his own hands. There's no such thing as curses and fate.

Back