Is Cormier the next to suffer the Mir curse?

Mir will hold up however I think this ends in round 2 by KO, Cormeir advancing to face Reem, or Bigfoot after Bigfoot loses to Cain.

If Bigfoot beats Cain (he won't), then make Cormier/Reem for title contention.

1. Reem beats Cormier, then beats Bigfoot in a rematch then beats Cain. Stuff of a legend.

2. Bigfoot avenges his loss against bigfoot, avenges his loss to Cormier, beats Reem in a rematch.

3. Cormier beats Mir, then Reem, then Bigfoot/Cain loser.

----At this point, the title will have been through hell and back.

4. Winner faces JDS.

This is why Lesnar is one of the GOATs. He's the only man to defy this curse.

No, he was within 2 wins of becoming the HW GOAT but suffered an illness and 2 bad defeats. I would argue that Lesnar lost the most to the curse out of any fighter.

Brock beat Mir in the 2nd fight. If he had lost, he'd be an afterthought. In his next fight he miraculously beat Shane Carwin. So much for a "Mir Curse."

One of the few fights I will cheer for Mir........take his arm home Frank!

What if Cormier walks out to an Eminem song?

Would the Eminem curse cancel out the Mir curse?

Probably not, the only question would be how the weight cut would affect him of course. I think he'd beat Hendo but that would be interesting for mine.

Yeah weight cut is probably the biggest fight.
IMO he would beat Hendo pretty easily.
Hendo is a great fighter but for some reason he gets taken down too easily by leg attacks.
Shogun isn't the best wrestler around and was able to take Hendo down.
Think DC plants him on his back any time he wants to.

The main reason the "Mir curse" stands out so much is I'd say that the "Mir hype" has repeatly gone waaaaaaaay to far.

A rare glimpse at Mirs' dark voodoo being applied.

ufc.jpg

A great deciple of the dark arts such as Mir is not to be underestimated

Brock beat Mir in the 2nd fight. If he had lost, he'd be an afterthought. In his next fight he miraculously beat Shane Carwin. So much for a "Mir Curse."

Ah... but who did Carwin beat before the Brock fight..... yep Mir. Thus the Mir Curse couldn't decide who to make lose. So it chose the best option -> make Carwin lose, but expose Brock's woeful striking, thus ensuring Brock would lose immediately after.

Believe!

Cormier should definitely consider not winning this fight.
It would make Mir move up the ladder and possibly put the curse on one of Cormiers future opponents..
He has to be rational about this.

ufc.jpg

awesome.

ufc.jpg

Haha perfect display of Franks ''drunken walk'' usually caused by a jab or some other setup punch. Within three seconds Mir will drop to his knee's to grab a leg looking like a drunk bum in search of Penny's. In that state he will receive numerous shots to the head (mostly back of the head) cause he will be face down, kissing the canvas.

No magic, just mir. Eternal top 5.

JDS's devasting loss to Cain finally proved to us that the curse is real. Every fighter that beats Mir gets cursed by his black magic and his career takes a nosedive. As a big fan of Cormier, I was relieved when their original match in strikeforce was called off. But now, unfortunately for Cormier, the match is rescheduled. Should ECormier lose to Mir on purpose to avoid the curse?
Lesner beat carwin after beating mir

brock lost to mir first, so it negated the effect. To beat the man and his curse, you must first be defeated by him.

Fuck that noise. The curse worked on both Carwin and Lesnar. Really, where did Carwin's career go after his win against Mir? And yes, Lesnar may have beat Carwin but only after a year of bad intestines...and that shit came back. So the curse is real. Cormier would do his career a favor if he threw the fight.

Fuck that noise. The curse worked on both Carwin and Lesnar. Really, where did Carwin's career go after his win against Mir? And yes, Lesnar may have beat Carwin but only after a year of bad intestines...and that shit came back. So the curse is real. Cormier would do his career a favor if he threw the fight.

Maybe he could do the top 5 a favour and just retire mir to end ''the curse'':icon_chee

Depends on who he faces. JDS or Jones might beat him. I dont know about the rest of the division.

uh I think Cormier would beat JDS much worse than Cain did, now Jones im now sure because we dont know how much the weight cut will affect Cormier considering he has had problems before with cutting weight, we dont know how much power Cormier would lose if any, the most important is his cardio which seems decent now but now sure at 205

on topic, the chance of the Mir curse happening are a thousand times less than the chance of DC KO'ing that glass jaw

it's like a "The Mir Curse" horror movie.

Ian Freeman who TKO Mir, in his next fight against Andrei Arlovski, Andrei KO him lol, Mir curse start from here.

later was Marcio Cruz, he TKO Mir then his next two fights, he got curse, loss to Jeff Monson and got KO by Andrei Arlovski too.

then next victim, Brandon Vera, after he TKO Mir, his next two fights were against Tim Sylvia and Fabricio Werdum, he losses both fight and got TKO by Werdum

next was Brock Lesnar, so beast he beat Mir brutally, later he almost got beat by Carwin till Carwin gas out in the 2nd round and Brock just got a rear neck choke to win lol.
then fight Cain next and got brutally TKO badly by Cain.
later also got TKO by Overeem so badly too. back to WWE.

Shane Carwin undefeated and brutally KO Mir badly then later loss to Brock even though he beat Brock badly in the 1st round, loss by gas out like i said above in Brock section.
Carwin next fight against JDS, got beaten by JDS in a bloody mess and his nose were broken. next return since then, guess he should retire now.

JDS was the next Mir curse victim.
Cain vs Mir was suppose to be the fight till Overeem test positive and the opponents got switch. Cain vs Big Foot, Mir vs JDS (JDS beat Mir by TKO in the 2nd round, then got Mir Curse lol)
JDS vs Cain 2 came, so since JDS got the Mir Curse, he got brutalize by Cain fo 5 rounds, look bad for a champion even though he has the heart.
Cain is lucky he didn't get to fight Mir or else he probably would never beat JDS in the rematch lol.

The Mir Curse, based on a true story. I think some years in the future Mir will make a movie like this for sure.
Whoever beat Mir will get curse and loose in his next fight.

Last edited:
DC is going to beat Mir most likely, he is stylistically a nightmare of a match up for Mir.

Back