Is Conor the best MMA boxer of all time?

I think the Diaz brothers are better boxers than Conor...

Established boxers recognize their talent...

I love the Diaz brothers but I don’t think so. They definitely have elements of their game that are better than Conor’s, like body punching, volume punching, jab, but on the whole I think Conor is better with his hands than either Diaz. Much faster, much cleaner, much more power and snap.

I do think Conor is the best boxer in mma history. Who is better with their hands than him? I know there are a lot of Conor haters these days but how many guys in mma history could step in the ring with a pound for pound great boxer and look competent at all. I can’t think of a single one. Not Diaz, Not Anderson. No one.

Sorry but you're delusional, it's no secret Floyd let Conor tire himself out and dragged the fight out to make it entertaining. Conor landed some good shots that surprised Floyd and to the surprise of many won a few rounds, but at in no point was he ever worried about Conor. Someone like Alvarez absolutely demolishes Conor in boxing, he would get seriously hurt. Floyd was toying with a good level amateur in that performance. Look at Floyds body language between rounds, he couldn't be anymore confident.

giphy.gif

Boy you are just all over the place in that paragraph.

tenor.gif

I feel like Robert Whittaker would be the best chance at being McGregor quality, not a conventional choice but I think Bobby Knuckles skillset highly underrated. That dude can throw some fucking hands and take it.

giphy.gif

Boy you are just all over the place in that paragraph.

tenor.gif

Posting a few stupid gifs does not prove a point. I only spoke the complete truth, Conor did better than many expected but in no way was it a close fight. Floyd was never hurt, rocked, dropped or in any danger at any point. If Floyd played it defensively, Conor may not have won a single round. He hasn't fought with a tight guard like that for over ten years, but he knew he could get away with it against Conor. Conor lost and it wasn't close.

Get over it.

Posting a few stupid gifs does not prove a point. I only spoke the complete truth, Conor did better than many expected but in no way was it a close fight. Floyd was never hurt, rocked, dropped or in any danger at any point. If Floyd played it defensively, Conor may not have won a single round. He hasn't fought with a tight guard like that for over ten years, but he knew he could get away with it against Conor. Conor lost and it wasn't close.

Get over it.
Conor lost, but the thing is, it was close. That may be because May 'did not try', 'was putting on a show', 'was carrying him', but the fact remains he was up on Andre Ward's card going in to the tenth, was tied on a Sherdog card and other outlets, was said to be 'the fight of the year' by Foreman & other pundits and was viewed as a successful event solely because it was a competetive fight. We can argue tje reasons for why people thought this, but the only ones claiming it was a wipeout are Shertards doing so in anonymity.

he's not even the best mma striker nowadays

I feel like Robert Whittaker would be the best chance at being McGregor quality, not a conventional choice but I think Bobby Knuckles skillset highly underrated. That dude can throw some fucking hands and take it.

The man's jab is one of the best in MMA, so good that he was able to beat Romero with a broken right hand. People underrate Whittaker so much.

Conor lost, but the thing is, it was close. That may be because May 'did not try', 'was putting on a show', 'was carrying him', but the fact remains he was up on Andre Ward's card going in to the tenth, was tied on a Sherdog card and other outlets, was said to be 'the fight of the year' by Foreman & other pundits and was viewed as a successful event solely because it was a competetive fight. We can argue tje reasons for why people thought this, but the only ones claiming it was a wipeout are Shertards doing so in anonymity.

In reality, it wasn't close. One judge gave three rounds to Conor, the other two gave one round to Conor. I had first three to Conor, rest to Floyd. Neither of them were really doing much until Floyd saw Conor slowing down.

Also, where are you getting tied on sherdog card ? Looking at the play by play scoring, first three were Conor, rest were Floyd so pretty far from tied. 10th may have been a 10-8 if the ref had not jumped in, Conor was dangerously close to being dropped.

so you do realise that diaz rocked conor on the feet with a simple boxing combination? leading to conor shooting a takedown as a way of getting out of the fight? conor was fucked after that punch, nothing mayweather threw hurt him like that. next fight he hot diaz with everything he had and still ended up under diaz getting smashed at the end of the fight

conor has talent but all you are telling us in this thread is you cant get enough of his yummy manlet dick
Did happen but your missing all the context.

100% Conor is

2vhvjer.gif

2eogw0n.gif

IndelibleAmbitiousFish-size_restricted.gif

AlertJubilantBarracuda-size_restricted.gif

7c89a98da674e809daf9ed50e5a11029.gif

GM_20170919_215755.gif

DJb81zfUMAEHYNP

converted.gif

Not even hall of fame boxers managed to do as great against Floyd as Conor did, and yet Conor was the "0-0 boxer"

Let alone would any MMA fighter regardless of weight class ever be able to have just 2% of the same success Conor had against Floyd

Conor is without a doubt the greatest most skilled boxer and defensive based counter punching wizard MMA history has ever seen at the championship level

And it's not even close.

Anyone saying otherwise is either insanely blinded by hate, doesn't know anything about fighting, or is all of the above

@Arm Barbarian
@That209
@MescalineDreams
@markg171

Lol’d at that other guy saying this fight actually proved Conor’s boxing is so bad, but goes on to say how great this guy and that guy are. As if they’d do better against Floyd than Conor did which is f’n nonsense. No other MMA fighter would’ve landed that much, taken that many rounds and lasted 10 against Floyd. They say he carried Conor but you already proved that wrong by posting the vid of one of Floyd’s trainers or something (of course it’s ignored). One idiot thinks Floyd ate garbage the entire time during the build up/training for Conor. That he partied every night the week before as if he was black out drunk, snorting coke off of strippers asses, etc. He did all this yet maintained such amazing physical shape and fought like the experienced vet he is for 10 hard rounds, very high pace.

Yeah, didn’t take that fight seriously at all, apparently, and ended it when he felt the fans got their money’s worth because he cares about the fans so much. Nate’s a better boxer, too, even though Conor smashed him worse than anybody ever has with his hands, and did so easily until he started getting tired and Nate realized the punches were coming slower and weaker, picked up the pace, etc. Skill wise, Conors boxing is FAR superior. He did amazing against Floyd, one of the best boxers of all fucking time. For a guy with such terrible boxing, he did damn good didn’t he? It must’ve been 10 rounds of luck like all of his other fights of his MMA career. It translated to boxing and caused him to win most of the rounds, land many good shots (wasn’t even supposed to land once!), etc, all a fluke. I give up on the haters, man. Complete waste of time. They have excuses for f’n everything. Literally every single thing. They’re quick to point out every single flaw but not a single good quality whatsoever. Like Conor is the worst fighter of all time, made his way up through pure luck, flukes, terrible opponents that only became terrible as soon as he beat them.

The night before they were gonna kill him so easily because now he’s finally fighting a higher ranked guy or something (Poirier was the first for this, remember? It was fixed though!). It just doesn’t make sense that they have all these excuses. After all these years they still can’t admit he’s an exceptional fighter. If he never talked any shit in his career but beat everybody the same way, they’d all love him. Their hate for his personality/marketing schemes, they’d think he’s incredible. They’ll still have nothing but excuses even after he knocks out Khabib. Suddenly Khabib was never good. Or it was luck, or fixed, etc. One of the first replies you’ll see in the first thread about Conor knocking Khabib out will be the pic of Nate choking him.

Deep down they know he’s great, they just don’t want to admit it. Especially now since they’re so well known for it by some of us. You aren’t allowed to call them a blind hater though! That just means you’re a sad nuthugger! Just saying something quick and simple like “I think Conor will beat Khabib” will get you some hater talking shit. Theyre the ones making threads about him 24/7, talking shit about every single thing they can think of, but apparently we’re the ones that are obsessed. He has hardcore fans, but they’re usually there for his fights and then they’re fine until the next one. He has some fans like that here, too. But his haters are the ones making threads about him between the fights all the time.

They’re obsessed with him. Why else would they stalk his social media? Notice how it’s usually a Conor hater that posts stuff from his Instagram or Twitter? It’s rarely a fan because we don’t really care. He said also the only fighter to ever get hated for tapping, especially because it was ‘quick’. They shit on him for giving up his back, but can’t even understand why. They must’ve been pinned down and had heir faces smashed in by their dads from full mount like Nate was doing to conor before he rolled, it’s the only explanation for their stupidity. Don’t even understand how Nate set the choke up. Nate even said Conor was doing everything right but these fools still say his ground game is trash.

Isn’t it strange that a lot of these people have been watching mma for so long, some of them watching likely much longer than us, yet they still don’t know shit? HOW have they not picked up on the subtleties yet? Some have a good eye for this stuff, some don’t, but after so many years you’d think it would be like common sense for them to know what they’re watching. They really don’t give a fuck about what they’re watching from a technical standpoint, so that’s why they show zero respect to all the fighters, especially Conor. That’s why they post so many hollow and uninformed nonsense comments.

They can all line up and suck it.

/rant

Did I miss a mention of Masvidal? Hmm... not all-time, just in the present consideration.

Mayweather carried him, any one who watches boxing and has half a brain knows this. Except of course mcnuthugger fanboys

Back