Is Conor the best MMA boxer of all time?

Goodness, this is getting sad now

Now everyone is a better boxer then Conor.

People who have already been knocked out multiple times are better then Conor when Conor has never even been dropped in his life

3ornkb8JBVY4WnccNy.gif

Sherdog clowns Bisping all the time yet for some reason Anderson never gets any shit for being the only "striker" who Bisping ever outclassed on the feet lol

Weidman-KOs-Silva.gif

Anderson is and never was on Conor's level. Anderson couldn't even dream of being as skilled of a boxer and counter puncher as Conor is

Conor actually out strikes, out boxes and counters, other elite strikers

And if you think Nate is the best boxer in MMA then YOU HAVE to put Conor as the best in MMA because Conor while being 2 weight classes smaller then Nate OUTCLASSED and outboxed a full camp Nate

UltimateMessyFugu-size_restricted.gif

This thread just proves to me what's always been said

"People can't appreciate Conor's greatness because they don't even know fighting and don't understand what they are watching"

Only on sherdog is everyone under the sun better then Conor and would beat Conor.

This thread PROVES that Conor is the most criminally under rated and under appreviated fighter in MMA

Just look at this post below for more proof

Just a complete YIKES all around

KJ Noons who was knocked out by Crazy Horse LMAO

Meanwhile Conor actually dismantles other elite strikers like Holloway etc

This is how delusional the average Conor hater really is

This thread has truly become nothing but a cesspool of shit

Lil Nog? LOL. Brazil has an absolute shit boxing team. Lil Nog wouldn't even be golden gloves calibre in the US.

Conor came from the historic world renouned Crumlim club of Ireland. Ireland is one of the greatest boxing nations on earth and has produced more Olympic medals in boxing than any other nation besides the US/Russia/Cuba

Conor was an actual legit highly.regarded boxing amataure.

You even have the nerve to say Cro Cop lmao

Cro Cop has been knocked out in MMA by MMA strikers multiple times

It goes back to what I said earlier

People are either so blinded by hate or so ignorant to fighting they are listing strikers who have all been out struck or knocked out, as better boxers then Conor, when Conor is the only one.who's never been so much as dropped while actually out classing other legit elite strikers

It needs to be said again

"The UNeducated eye can not comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

This thread is the ultimate proof

Thoughts my brother @That209

another one added to the ignore list. thank goodness Sherdog has that feature now.

Nate boxed him up and Conor was forced to implement leg kicks against him in the rematch. So lol not even close

People are crazy about Conor’s mythical amazing boxing. He got smacked around by Nate Diaz, that’s not exactly elite.

Diaz Bros, maybe Anderson then Conor
@Thepaintbucket

Anderson isn't even in the conversation with Nate and Conor...and Conor is levels above Nate....Conor is in a league of his own at the top...

Anderson HAD NO ability to lead, and didn't have the skill to create his own countering oppurtunities and or to draw opponents in.

Anderson was out CLASSED by Bisping and Wediman simply because they stood disciplined behind jab work and fiented often to offset Anderson's timing

Anderson could only ever "counter" low IQ brawlers who blindly rushed in

Where as not only does Conor have the most sophisticated leadhand game in MMA with one of the most sophisticated fienting systems in MMA (all unlike Anderson) Conor can lead just as brilliantly as he counters. Conor actually has educated body punching and his jab is incredible (the way he mixes up with fients and changes the speed of his jabs too, he's nearly impossible to read or time)

Unlike Anderson, Conor has the skill to create his own counting opportunities and has many advanced methods to draw opponents in and or create his own countering opportunities such as distance deception, leadhand control, rhythm manipulation, fienting etc

Conor is on a completely different level to anything Anderson ever showed

Conor has actual real fundamental boxing skill as his base that everything he does is built off of

This whole thread could be used in a Logic 101 class on how not to debate. So many logic fallacies on both sides. Ad Hominems, Red Herrings, Straw Men, False Dichotomies, and basic formal fallacies everywhere.
The truth is that the entire premise is flawed. The category “MMA boxer” leaves so much ambiguity that it allows for nonsense arguments for and against.
Both Conor lovers and haters need each other. You need someone to give you attention and keep this ridiculous circle jerk going. It’s pathetic.

Last edited:
He's far from the best Boxer in MMA, he's not even the best Boxer in MMA at 155lbs in the UFC. Duffy was the first undefeated Pro Boxer to beat McGregor. MJ has better MMA Boxing and much faster hands then McGregor. Nate is highly praised by Pro Boxers he trains with.. Mayfield, Ward, Khan, Fonfara, Guerrero, just to name a few, and trainers like Garcia and Hunter say that if Nate wanted to compete in Boxing, he would do well.

There are plenty of MMA Fighters from 135lbs, up to HW, in the UFC, that have better Boxing then McGregor.

What a pathetic thread of hilarity.

Good to see the ragtag group of guys who have never trained in their life act like experts with the same repeated gifs and posts, copy and pasted ad nauseum.

I know, I know. The gif of Conor barely grazing Chad's chin while eating two hard punches means he'd ko Jon Jones in the first round of an openweight fight. <---- I wish I was kidding about that.

You said MMA history.

But if we're talking 155ers, Nate would have done better.

Don't think Nate would've got finished.

Lol Nate? In both Conor fights he was a punching bag for Conor until he faded. He'd be a punching bag for Floyd the entire fight. Homer Simpson defense isn't going to work.

*Tied going in to the ninth on Sherdog card. I don't think any of them gave him the 8th on Sherdog but Ward and others did.

The 9th is when the fight obviously started changing, regardless of the low blow controversy. but compared to even something like Loma Riggy, it was hardly a blow out or 'embarrassing' as is purported here.
There's just so much fake news about that fight on here. I gave Conor a 10% shot of making it past the fourth, but he woefully exceeded expectations.

I certainly would not disagree with that statement but no one was expected Floyd to fight the way he did, the fight went basically how I predicted. I thought Conor with his length, size and being a south paw would cause Floyd more problems than people realize and that he would surprise a few people but he would eventually slow down, he lasted two more rounds than I expected he would but also won more than I thought. Then again, Floyd had a lot less respect for Conors power, he walking him down most of the fight. He never risked that against Canleo or Cotto.

People are crazy about Conor’s mythical amazing boxing. He got smacked around by Nate Diaz, that’s not exactly elite.

I wouldn't say that, Conor was getting the better of the exchanges early despite a heavy reach disadvantage. You can't deny Nates durability and cardio was a huge factor in that fight, as soon as Conor would start to slow Nate capitalized. Nate has very solid boxing though and is a lot better defensively than people give him credit for.

Nate would've "maybe lasted longer," but he would've gotten embarrassed, and had zero success, let alone be able to counter Floyd consistently like Conor was.

Now ask those same boxers their opinions on Conor, and they will tell you Conor is the better boxer, and the best boxer in MMA

You do realise that Ward is also just a friend of the Diaz brothers too right?

You 3 are clearly trolling

Even in the first fight Conor was out-boxing the shit out of Nate until the very last minute.

You talk about how Nate "caught" Conor with a "simple combination"

Earlier in the fight when Conor was fresh Conor was COUNTERING that same combination
30viqgm.gif

To even say "simple combination" shows how clueless you are about boxing

"All Floyd does is land right leads vs southpaws. Guess he's not that great, because it's simple"

Nate's 1-2 has gotten everyone he's fought on the feet.

Conor hitting that inside slip to overhand counter on Nate while making BOTH of his 1-2 shots miss, IS incredible and some of the best display of countering we have ever seen in MMA

Conor gassed and got caught late in the fight. Nate won. Good on him.

Here is what happened in the rematch when Conor had time and a full camp to actually prepare for Nate

@Shaddows cough @horc00 cough cough

Conor OUTCLASSED a full camp Nate

Conor is a FAR SUPERIOR boxer to Nate

They have fought for a total of about 34 minutes and Conor has won about 30 of those minutes

In both fights Conor has always outclassed Nate. Nate's size and chin is the only reason he's able to hang with Conor

Btw, I love how no one wants to give Conor credit for outboxing a Nate Diaz who was 2 weight classes bigger

Conor the career FW is the only one to ever outbox Nate in MMA

A testament to Conor's goatness

There isn't any one in MMA on Conor's level in boxing and or in striking

LOL!!!

Full-camp fight-ready Conor got pimp-slapped the fuck out of by 10-day-notice post-yacht-holiday Diaz, then resorted to panic-wrestling as an easy way out and got tapped the FO.

In the second Diaz fight, Conor refused to fulfill media obligations because he needed "extra" time to prepare for Diaz, and got kicked off the roster for that. Luckily that gave him EVEN MORE "extra" time and it paid off and he won.

Yet you, with an irony for a username, thinks going 1-1 with gate-keeper Diaz, getting finished the first time and winning on points the second, is somehow testament of his goatness.

<YeahOKJen>

By your standards, I guess Josh Thomson must be the God of Striking for KOing Diaz LOL.

@Thepaintbucket

Anderson isn't even in the conversation with Nate and Conor...and Conor is levels above Nate....Conor is in a league of his own at the top...

Anderson HAD NO ability to lead, and didn't have the skill to create his own countering oppurtunities and or to draw opponents in.

Anderson was out CLASSED by Bisping and Wediman simply because they stood disciplined behind jab work and fiented often to offset Anderson's timing

Anderson could only ever "counter" low IQ brawlers who blindly rushed in

Where as not only does Conor have the most sophisticated leadhand game in MMA with one of the most sophisticated fienting systems in MMA (all unlike Anderson) Conor can lead just as brilliantly as he counters. Conor actually has educated body punching and his jab is incredible (the way he mixes up with fients and changes the speed of his jabs too, he's nearly impossible to read or time)

Unlike Anderson, Conor has the skill to create his own counting opportunities and has many advanced methods to draw opponents in and or create his own countering opportunities such as distance deception, leadhand control, rhythm manipulation, fienting etc

Conor is on a completely different level to anything Anderson ever showed

Conor has actual real fundamental boxing skill as his base that everything he does is built off of

Conor is better than Nate Diaz in stand up but neither guys are boxers in the truest sense of the word. Things you get away in MMA you simply cannot do in boxing and likewise if a boxer came over.

Every single fighter has a flaw in their game. No fighter is the best at everything. Now whether or not you can exploit a flaw or weakness is another story.

Barely beating Nate Diaz or Nick Diaz does not somehow make you the god of MMA standup. Plenty of fighters have beaten Nate Diaz in a more dominant fashion than Conor Mcgregor. Diaz gave Conor everything he could handle and then some. How far did Diaz go up the ranks at his best anyway? The guy was sliding off the top 10 when he beat Conor the first time around and somehow he's now a world beater. Cmon now.

Lol in regards to Anderson Silva:

Long before you even made your account here Nick Diaz was always considered the better of the two. Anderson Silva even in his worst form was able to beat Nick Diaz easily. At Silva's best he would've eaten Diaz like nothing.

Using Silva's lost to Bisping and Weidman is silly. Anderson Silva was scared of Weidmans takedown, it's simple as that. A striker being scared of a take down artist isn't news worthy and the lost to Bisping was years removed from his prime. Stop being so disingenuous because it's very possible Khabib will *Outstrike* Conor via fear of being takedown and I'll come back and tell you Khabib outstriked Conor on the feet but that wouldn't be true.

Futhermore I can argue Conor's boxing defense and countering is weak if he's being pressured based on his second fight with Diaz. A great boxer with solid fundamental's wouldn't back up and straight up run with his back facing the guy when he's being pressured. That shit is a no no. Your local boxing gym coach would be screaming his head off if he saw that.

Nate def above Conor
I don't get how anyone being truly serious can say this?

In both fights Conor out classed Nate for the majority of the fight

They have fought for a total of about 34 minutes and Conor has literally won about 30 of those minutes

I love how people continue to ignore that Conor was the much smaller fighter who STILL OUT BOXED Nate despite the massive size disadvantages across the board
NHafz2v.gif

2nrzk3m.gif

Yeah, Nate sure is the "better boxer" all right

People refuse to ever give Conor his credit

He's far from the best Boxer in MMA, he's not even the best Boxer in MMA at 155lbs in the UFC. Duffy was the first undefeated Pro Boxer to beat McGregor. MJ has better MMA Boxing and much faster hands then McGregor. Nate is highly praised by Pro Boxers he trains with.. Mayfield, Ward, Khan, Fonfara, Guerrero, just to name a few, and trainers like Garcia and Hunter say that if Nate wanted to compete in Boxing, he would do well.

A post like this is so far removed from reality, it's astounding

Someone like this is either insanely blinded by hate or doesnt know what they are watching. That's just the truth (or both of the above)

You clearly never saw Conor vs Duffy. Duffy beat Conor ON the ground

Conor destroyed Duffy on the feet and had him badly busted up from landing a sublime split entry counter left on Duffy

In general it's comical when people praise strikers who Conor made look silly, instead of ever giving Conor any credit

Conor is technically and genetically superior to Michael Johnson in every single facet of boxing and striking possible.

Conor is faster, has way better timing, way quicker reaction speeds, way faster feet and vastly superior footwork, vastly superior boxing skill, vastly superior counter punching, vastly superior fight IQ etc etc etc

Show me examples of Johnson ever countering Nate the way Conor was at will?

Exactly

tumblr_nzmwu6jVEh1rofocqo1_500.gif

Meanwhile
DirtyIdioticHyrax-size_restricted.gif

There's no comparison.

agibmxmma said:
There are plenty of MMA Fighters from 135lbs, up to HW, in the UFC, that have better Boxing then McGregor.

To even deny that Conor is the best boxer MMA history has ever seen at the championship level, IS preposterous enough

To even go further and say everything you have......there just aren't even words to describe that level of insanity

Based on you campaigning for Duffy, Johnson, and Nate while shitting all over Conor, its clear you hate Conor and can not be objective

Along with that last statement...just yikes...

It's unbelievable how many people in this thread this quote applies to

"The UNeducated eye can not comprehend the brilliance of Conor McGregor"

It really is a shame how criminally under rated and under appreciated Conor is

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that, Conor was getting the better of the exchanges early despite a heavy reach disadvantage. You can't deny Nates durability and cardio was a huge factor in that fight, as soon as Conor would start to slow Nate capitalized. Nate has very solid boxing though and is a lot better defensively than people give him credit for.
It’s not that Nate is a bad opponent, but if Conor has a tough time with him, it’s pretty hard to justify Conor as the goat mma boxer. Not that he’s bad, but not goat. The first fight it seemed like he was having a tough time dealing with another southpaw.

Last edited:
watch conors own video on panic wrestling and why people panic wrestle you nut hugger.

I quoted what conor said, he coined it himself and it back fired. Bet you feel like a nuthugging moron now :D

I'm not going to argue with a teenager online tonight

Have a good night.

It’s not that Nate is a bad opponent, but if Conor has a tough time with him, it’s pretty hard to justify Conor as the goat mma boxer. Not that he’s bad, but not goat. The first fight it seemed like he was having a tough time dealing with another southpaw.

He seems about as good as any other candidate imo.

Well he lost to an unprepared Nate Diaz so no.

Barely beating Nate Diaz or Nick Diaz does not somehow make you the god of MMA standup. Plenty of fighters have beaten Nate Diaz in a more dominant fashion than Conor Mcgregor. Diaz gave Conor everything he could handle and then some. How far did Diaz go up the ranks at his best anyway? The guy was sliding off the top 10 when he beat Conor the first time around and somehow he's now a world beater. Cmon now.

"Barely"

3 knockdowns yet someone how Conor "barely won"

-Nate is way better then Nick.

-Conor is the only one in MMA who's ever outboxed Nate. Everyone else beat Nate via wrestling with wrestling being the most important factor to their gameplans.

Even Thompson used wrestling before landing his headkicks

No one in MMA has ever beaten Nate more dominantly with their hands, then Conor.

In fact no one had ever beaten Nate with just their hands, until Conor - and Conor was much smaller

Thepaintbucket said:
Anderson Silva even in his worst form was able to beat Nick Diaz easily. At Silva's best he would've eaten Diaz like nothing

"Anderson at his worst" yet failed the test for PEDs that fight lol.

Here was Anderson with height, reach, and a 20lb weight advantage over Nick, still getting out boxed - and boxed up by Nick.

Finally an Anderson opponent who knew how to box, but whom was 20lbs smaller. Anderson showing off his "great defense" by "blocking punches with his face"
BeneficialDirtyAmoeba.gif

Basically Nick WORKING Anderson over via working the body to open up the head. Left straight to body - to right hook up top. Right hook to body - to left straight up top. Some actual pretty slick ass boxing by Nick. Anderson could only ever "dodge" telegraphed predictable combos from brawlers.

Anderson always had that REAL block punches with your face "defense."

Meanwhile here was Conor GIVING UP 20lbs, 4 height, and 2 reach to the BETTER Diaz brother, and still TOOLING the fuck out of Nate IN BOXING
4lg1o4.jpg

Coincidentally, Conor utilising the same slick right hook to body - to left straight up top on a Diaz brother, that a Diaz brother used on Anderson *cough lol.

Conor also countering all of Nate's jabs, meanwhile Anderson didnt know how to do anything but EAT Weidman's jabs.

Thepaintbucket said:
Using Silva's lost to Bisping and Weidman is silly. Anderson Silva was scared of Weidmans takedown, it's simple as that. A striker being scared of a take down artist isn't news worthy and the lost to Bisping was years removed from his prime. Stop being so disingenuous because it's very possible Khabib will *Outstrike* Conor via fear of being takedown and I'll come back and tell you Khabib outstriked Conor on the feet but that wouldn't be true.

Against Mendes, Conor already showed that the threat of the TD does not effect his striking.

In fact if you actually knew anything about fighting, you would know how Conor uses cross faces and neck frames off his counter punching, as his revolutionary anti-wrestling tactics against wrestlers to prevent clinches/TDs

You desperately reach to excuse Anderson's flaws, yet reach even harder to attempt to discredit Conor

Wrestling had nothing to do with why Weidman ultimately knocked out Anderson or why Bisping outclassed Anderson

Read what I said

Discipline and fients is why

Weidman was destroying Anderson and slowly opening him up with disciplined jab work

1c7VgTO.gif

Weidman then knocked Anderson out by taking advantage of his reflex based head movement. He doubled up on his right to goad Anderson's head into the left hook

And Bisping simply straight up out classesd Anderson via closing in behind disciplined jab work+1-2s, and fienting often to offset Anderson's timing

It was no coincidence that the first time Anderson fought disciplined fundamentally-sound MMA strikers he was outclassed

Meanwhile Conor outclasses other ELITE technically sound fundamentally sound LEGIT strikers (Holloway, Nate etc)

Thepainnucket said:
Futhermore I can argue Conor's boxing defense and countering is weak if he's being pressured based on his second fight with Diaz.

giphy.gif

What was that again? Sorry but you really have no idea what you are talking about

And again, if you knew fighting you would know how when Nate started walking Conor down behind a high guard, how Conor adjusted and started destroying Nate's body with educated body punching. Its what gassed Nate

Conor is without doubt the greatest and most complete boxer in MMA history

Conor does it all at a truly elite high level and is the greatest counter punching wizard MMA has ever seen

Except he never "struggled" against Nate because of skill or boxing skill.

It was only ever Nate's chin and size

Skill for skill Conor wiped Nate out

Well he lost to an unprepared Nate Diaz so no.

They had a rematch 5 months later and Conor beat a full camp Nate

EXCEPTIONS only seem to prove the rule when it comes to Conor

You know whats truly disturbing here after reading this thread

Sherdoggers act like Conor is disqualified because of one fight. Yet when you ask them to list a better boxer, that boxer has already been out boxed and knocked out.numerous times in MMA. Conor has never been dropped amd has outboxed and out struck every one he's ever faced in MMA.

When Dana said that Conor is the most under rated fighter in MMA, THIS THREAD is the ULTIMATE PROOF that Dana was spot on

When ever any one seriously tries to deny that Conor is the most under rated fighter ever just show them this thread

Back