Is Conor crapping himself right now?

Nate's in a tough spot. If he loses maybe he can get a trilogy. If he wins it's the last good payday he'll ever see.

Dilemma for him.

Fighters are only as good as their last fight on sherdog. im not a conor fan at all, i cant stand the guy but cmon.
conor clearly won the first round and nates face was all busted up. in the 2nd nate took over due to his durability and toughness .
i can see nate winning again but i wouldn't be surprised a bit if mcgoat finishes him in the first.
1. Nate's face was busted up from a cut that he sustained in his previous fight vs Michael Johnson--a fight that was actually competitive.

2. No fights that are won in the second round are because of durability and toughness.

Nate's in a tough spot.

If he wins it's the last good payday he'll ever see.

Dilemma for him.

I disagree. Nate is a superstar now. If he wins he gets even more leverage. He's a money fight in his own right.

I really hope Conor wins this one. I love this match up, one of the most interesting stylistic match-ups possible in mma today. I really want to get the rubber match too.

I did enjoy how the "movement" movement was taken down a notch after the first fight. I saw a piece with Robin Black where he claimed that Conor's work with Portal signalled a new age in martial arts. In fact, all Martial arts are about efficient movement and always have been. The hype was getting out of hand. It was poetic that the fight swung on a stiff 1-2 and a rear naked choke.

However, now it seems that Conor is being overlooked. He was very sharp in round 1 last time and is still an outstanding, versatile striker. I believe he will fight more cautious and this will be a chess match fought on the feet.

I disagree. Nate is a superstar now. If he wins he gets even more leverage. He's a money fight in his own right.
Respectfully disagree. If Nate headlined for the title with Alvarez it wouldn't do 500k buys.

2 weeks to go before he gets embarrassed again. He couldn't beat a out of shape Diaz and if he has any sense he'd realize that he is in for a ass whopping. To make things worse Nick Diaz is out of suspension so Conor has no chance of playing he's pre fight mind games without the risk of Nick beating his ass.

Conor prob feels as helpless as a man going to the execution chair and he has no one to blame but his ego.
Losing is part of MMA. Unfortunately there are fans like you that would prefer to shit on fighters for challenging themselves and taking risks. Maybe you should reexamine your own life.

I just don't see how Conor will win. I don't think that he can knock Nate out and as we saw before he can't hold a candle to Nate's ground game. Split decision is his best bet.

Ha ha the jokes on you Ireland New Brunswick just bought your only refinery BOOM goes the dynimate

Diaz is my favorite fighter but this fight makes me sad because that little leprechaun is brave brash and has great striking but damn is he gonna get embarrased. Stay in your weightclass!

Respectfully disagree. If Nate headlined for the title with Alvarez it wouldn't do 500k buys.
It would do a ton more than a year ago and would be treated as a much bigger fight and promoted as much due to Nate's current status. So who knows.

Crapping himself?

Worst case scenario: Conor gets slapped, rocked and choked or TKO'd. He still will make his millions. Millions upon millions.

He's probably pumped.

Conor doesn't share your small minded loser mentality, that's why he is who he is and you are who you are.

I really hope Conor wins this one. I love this match up, one of the most interesting stylistic match-ups possible in mma today. I really want to get the rubber match too.

I did enjoy how the "movement" movement was taken down a notch after the first fight. I saw a piece with Robin Black where he claimed that Conor's work with Portal signalled a new age in martial arts. In fact, all Martial arts are about efficient movement and always have been. The hype was getting out of hand. It was poetic that the fight swung on a stiff 1-2 and a rear naked choke.

However, now it seems that Conor is being overlooked. He was very sharp in round 1 last time and is still an outstanding, versatile striker. I believe he will fight more cautious and this will be a chess match fought on the feet.

Good call.

But it'll still come down to fact that Conor cant put Diaz to sleep or rock him sufficiently, and Diaz is more well rounded with bigger gas tank.

TS def underestimating Conor but Nate still the likely winner.

I favor Diaz in the rematch due to his size, durability, cardio and rangy boxing.

Still, anyone writing Conor off as though he has no chance apparently missed his 15 fight win streak and 95% finish rate. It's an up-hill battle, to be sure, but neither of these guys is a lock.

Back