is bullying really that bad or are kids just huge pansies now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pansies, today everything is so political correct, so people can't react well.

Also, being that you want to be a part of mental health...throwing kids on prescription drugs at the drop of a pin is also a huge problem. I've seen very normal people become very fucked up people after doing anti-depressants. Took a couple years for most of them to get back to 'normal'

How has an entire generation completely missed this?

Weird, being that kids in the 70's who are now parents were running around, fucking and doing drugs when they were kids. Somehow, they became some of the most overprotective parents ever.

On Halloween, they drive kids door to door in a minivan. I would have lost my shit if my parents even offered to do something like that.

for someone who is going into a career that is based on listening to people, you suck at it. you keep insisting that i am saying all bullying is no big deal. it is in many cases. and again, you just try to protect them and make them all feel good. that is exactly what leads to many of them being so soft and doing horrible things to themselves (or others). maybe if some of them had tougher skins, they would deal with it better.

damn- cool hand luke is gonna shut us down

Well, luckily for you most psychiatrists don't do that shit. They prescribe therapy over all, and ALWAYS stress that medicine is a temporary solution that should be taken along with therapy.

Much fewer people are harmed by anti-depressants than are helped by them. They work in the majority of cases to help people.

These things aren't mutually exclusive. Making a conscious effort to get rid of bullying doesn't stop anyone from telling kids to believe in themselves and defend themselves. That's a false dichotomy and an annoyingly pervasive one at that.

The simple fact is that you will never get rid of bullying. You can spread awareness to it, maybe slow it down a little, but it's completely silly to think that you will get rid of it.

I also never said that they were mutually exclusive. You should perhaps gain better comprehension if you're going to be listening to people for a living.

Well, luckily for you most psychiatrists don't do that shit. They prescribe therapy over all, and ALWAYS stress that medicine is a temporary solution that should be taken along with therapy.

Much fewer people are harmed by anti-depressants than are helped by them. They work in the majority of cases to help people.

Who the hell is feeding you this bullshit? Psychiatrists might as well be vending machines, especially in the child drug market.

what? psychiatrists prescribe more trips to the psychiatrist? gtfo!! yea, its dr.s who do that. either way, both are acting more in their self interests than the kids. my younger sister has basically ruined her life thanks to adderall (sp?)

Weird, being that kids in the 70's who are now parents were running around, fucking and doing drugs when they were kids. Somehow, they became some of the most overprotective parents ever.

On Halloween, they drive kids door to door in a minivan. I would have lost my shit if my parents even offered to do something like that.

No shit man. Every year there are less kids getting out here on Halloween. It's almost entirely the Mexican kids whose parents let them door-to-door on their own. Blows my mind.

I've known a couple people to be helped by them, but more to be hurt by them. Most doctors/psych's prescribe medicine over anything else. Why? Money.

for someone who is going into a career that is based on listening to people, you suck at it. you keep insisting that i am saying all bullying is no big deal. it is in many cases. and again, you just try to protect them and make them all feel good. that is exactly what leads to many of them being so soft and doing horrible things to themselves (or others). maybe if some of them had tougher skins, they would deal with it better.

damn- cool hand luke is gonna shut us down

I never said that.

Protecting kids doesn't make them "soft". That's absolutely ridiculous. Affirming their self-worth helps them. Letting them suffer in silence breaks them down, that's why they hurt themselves. Not because they aren't tough enough. That's blaming the victim, yet again. Such an antiquated way of thinking. I'm glad it is going away with your generation for the most part.

KK- I didn't say you can get rid of bullying. I said there is nothing wrong with making the effort regardless.

You implied it. And yes, I should gain better comprehension if I'm going to be listening to people for a living. Because I care as much about what some guy on an MMA forum thinks about bullying and mental health as I would a patient that is suffering from depression. Right.

KK- I didn't say you can get rid of bullying. I said there is nothing wrong with making the effort regardless.

You implied it. And yes, I should gain better comprehension if I'm going to be listening to people for a living. Because I care as much about what some guy on an MMA forum thinks about bullying and mental health as I would a patient that is suffering from depression. Right.

I'm glad you know so much about life, that nobody except 'experts' in your field can help you out. Perhaps someone on an MMA forum knows more about this than you do (I'm not saying I do), but the fact that you completely dismiss something that's said is a pretty good indicator of how good you think you are with your couple years of schooling.

I didn't imply shit. I said what I said. I never said there's anything wrong with making an effort either, but that effort is going to have a very minimal effect. How do you propose getting rid of bullying may I ask.

I never said that.

Protecting kids doesn't make them "soft". That's absolutely ridiculous. Affirming their self-worth helps them. Letting them suffer in silence breaks them down, that's why they hurt themselves. Not because they aren't tough enough. That's blaming the victim, yet again. Such an antiquated way of thinking. I'm glad it is going away with your generation for the most part.

if you honestly think your generation is dealing with being a kid better than any other, i am completely frightened. i dont have kids, but my generation and my parents have fucked up beyond belief raising kids. because they have had children who think like you. that we need to protect and coddle kids. teach them how great they are even when they dont do shit. and if they cant achieve, thats ok, society will kick in to help out.

if its wrong that i think you get your self worth from actual achievement instead of through laying on a couch listening to someone tell them how great they are, then yes, i am wrong. as i said when you protect them, you dont teach them to compete. when they dont compete, they dont achieve. when they dont achieve, they lose at life

Who the hell is feeding you this bullshit? Psychiatrists might as well be vending machines, especially in the child drug market.

I spend most of my waking hours around psychiatrists. I study this stuff.

what? psychiatrists prescribe more trips to the psychiatrist? gtfo!! yea, its dr.s who do that. either way, both are acting more in their self interests than the kids. my younger sister has basically ruined her life thanks to adderall (sp?)

No, psychiatrists typically prescribe medication, but they also make sure to push therapy more than medication if at all possible. It's a shame that your sister couldn't control her urges and got addicted to Adderall, but that isn't something you can blame on a psychiatrist. Adderall is perfectly fine in normal doses. Tons of college kids use it to study all the time, and they never have problems.

It's funny that you think you know where their interests lie. If you're a psychiatrist, you had to go through tons of years of school. Then, you have to constantly take on other people's problems for less pay than you would imagine. Not only that, but it is an extremely competitive field. If the people didn't love their work and didn't want to genuinely help people, they would have done something different.

That's just popular bullshit hearsay.

I've known a couple people to be helped by them, but more to be hurt by them. Most doctors/psych's prescribe medicine over anything else. Why? Money.

Therapy would bring in more money than medicine, so what you just said doesn't make sense at all.

I'm glad you know so much about life, that nobody except 'experts' in your field can help you out. Perhaps someone on an MMA forum knows more about this than you do (I'm not saying I do), but the fact that you completely dismiss something that's said is a pretty good indicator of how good you think you are with your couple years of schooling.

I didn't imply shit. I said what I said. I never said there's anything wrong with making an effort either, but that effort is going to have a very minimal effect. How do you propose getting rid of bullying may I ask.

he is a 22 year old college student. of course he knows more than old people like me. he reads books on life experiences. i have just lived them

if you honestly think your generation is dealing with being a kid better than any other, i am completely frightened. i dont have kids, but my generation and my parents have fucked up beyond belief raising kids. because they have had children who think like you. that we need to protect and coddle kids. teach them how great they are even when they dont do shit. and if they cant achieve, thats ok, society will kick in to help out.

if its wrong that i think you get your self worth from actual achievement instead of through laying on a couch listening to someone tell them how great they are, then yes, i am wrong. as i said when you protect them, you dont teach them to compete. when they dont compete, they dont achieve. when they dont achieve, they lose at life

I literally didn't say anything about what you just told me I said. Hilarious for someone that claims I need better reading comprehension.

he is a 22 year old college student. of course he knows more than old people like me. he reads books on life experiences. i have just lived them

Your age doesn't really matter, because you're clearly out of touch regardless with bullying in this country.

and i dont blame a psychologist for her addiction to adderall. i blame her. because us old out of touch people believe in personal responsibility. she got prescribed it in high school and then right through college it ruined her. all her fault, not the dumbass psychiatrist who, along with my sister convinced my mom she was just fine on it

I literally didn't say anything about what you just told me I said. Hilarious for someone that claims I need better reading comprehension.

Your age doesn't really matter, because you're clearly out of touch regardless with bullying in this country.

oh, i am sorry. i thought you said my kind of thinking is going away with my generation. i must not have read that right. and if i did, of course there is no way i would have drawn the conclusion that you think your generation handles it better. and if i am out of touch, it appears most of the others in this thread are as well, since you appear to be in the minority. but lets continue to strive to shield and protect all our kids from all things bad in life. that is gonna help them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back