is bullying really that bad or are kids just huge pansies now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teenagers are a pack of hyenas whenever they sense weakness they will attack.

It is both, and a little heavier towards the latter

when i was a senior..(20 yrs old lol) i went to this alternate school....well some fat fuck there (a good 400 pounder) kept picking on this kid in class....i stayed to myself because i really wanted to finally graduate...well i got sick of it one day when he started shoving this little kid who was probably 15 and only 120 soaking wet...so i got up and decked fatboy a good three or four times until he fell ....he asked me "WHAT THE FUCK" and i told him "thats what happens when you pick on someone your size, you get beat up" ....the little kid thanked me so much and kept trying to buy me lunch the rest of the week but i told him its no big deal...even the teacher thought it was awesome so he didnt suspend me

when i was a senior..(20 yrs old lol) i went to this alternate school....well some fat fuck there (a good 400 pounder) kept picking on this kid in class....i stayed to myself because i really wanted to finally graduate...well i got sick of it one day when he started shoving this little kid who was probably 15 and only 120 soaking wet...so i got up and decked fatboy a good three or four times until he fell ....he asked me "WHAT THE FUCK" and i told him "thats what happens when you pick on someone your size, you get beat up" ....the little kid thanked me so much and kept trying to buy me lunch the rest of the week but i told him its no big deal...even the teacher thought it was awesome so he didnt suspend me

Wait... so you're 400lbs?

Back in the day the only shit talkers were the ones that would actually fight. Now with the internet people that wouldn't say anything in real life could talk shit behind there computers, which eventually led people to those people shit talking in real life.
The problem now days is most of the kids talk shit, them when they fight and get in trouble the parents throw a big circus about how there could never do that, the atmosphere at the school is bad, TV makes there kids do it, etc then go sue crazy. The parents blame everyone else except for the person responsible, themselves.

Bullying was a lot more scary and physical back 15+ years ago. Now it's all buttchafing from tweets and bs like that

thinking about it tho, i probably coulda got in serious trouble...im pretty sure he was only 17 ...but oh well...he had it coming

thinking about it tho, i probably coulda got in serious trouble...im pretty sure he was only 17 ...but oh well...he had it coming

I think the kid being picked on could've used you as a friend.

Bullying was a lot more scary and physical back 15+ years ago. Now it's all buttchafing from tweets and bs like that

exactly. maybe im in the minority but i'd rather have a rumor tweeted about me, then get beat up everyday for being a nerd or whatever.

This is kind of a fucked up story but at my high school, some wrestlers grabbed a guy in the bathroom, beat him up, and then stuck his tennis racket up his ass. That shit is way more of a heinous bullying act then anything posted on the internet could ever be.

Not to mention news spread around fast about the incident, so the kid pretty much had to attend a new school to get away from the incident.

This was all without the help of the internet. To me blaming social sites just seems like a scapegoat.

This thread is horseshit. Today the whole nation talks about the importance of the youth growing up and becoming great while the kids they're bombarded with how shitty the world is by the media. then, the minute they enter high school they are told about all these tests they must take and how they should do advanced classes and if they don't they'll grow up to be nothing essentially. Not to mention all the pressure they may or may not have of living up to what their families expect from them.

And that's not even including bullying. Kids stress enough about their schools, jobs, and academics. But then put bullying on top of that. And it may not be just one bully, it can be more. And then let's pile on rumors that may spread about you and tarnish your reputation.

If you don't think any of this could damage your life then you should really think about how much you can actually feel.

*People are also acting as if there's no more physical bullying. Also a bad assumption to make.

This thread is horseshit. Today the whole nation talks about the importance of the youth growing up and becoming great while the kids they're bombarded with how shitty the world is by the media. then, the minute they enter high school they are told about all these tests they must take and how they should do advanced classes and if they don't they'll grow up to be nothing essentially. Not to mention all the pressure they may or may not have of living up to what their families expect from them.

And that's not even including bullying. Kids stress enough about their schools, jobs, and academics. But then put bullying on top of that. And it may not be just one bully, it can be more. And then let's pile on rumors that may spread about you and tarnish your reputation.

If you don't think any of this could damage your life then you should really think about how much you can actually feel.

*People are also acting as if there's no more physical bullying. Also a bad assumption to make.

kids have always had to deal with those pressures. If anything, in this day and age where every kid deserves a trophy just for showing up, i would say those pressures are less than before.

what ultra competitive city do you live in where kids are forced to try to succeed? one of my moms biggest complaints as a school teacher is that her students dont care. why? because her school has a 100% graduation rate? why? because her school refuses to fail kids no matter how poorly they do.

and guess what? kids SHOULD stress about academics!! that is a good thing!

on a side note, does anyone else keep getting a 503 error everytime they go to a new page?

exactly. maybe im in the minority but i'd rather have a rumor tweeted about me, then get beat up everyday for being a nerd or whatever.

This is kind of a fucked up story but at my high school, some wrestlers grabbed a guy in the bathroom, beat him up, and then stuck his tennis racket up his ass. That shit is way more of a heinous bullying act then anything posted on the internet could ever be.

Not to mention news spread around fast about the incident, so the kid pretty much had to attend a new school to get away from the incident.

This was all without the help of the internet. To me blaming social sites just seems like a scapegoat.

See, that shit happens today and it's not all over the school - it's all over the fucking nation, probably in other countries as well.

How many people have seen the video of that fat kid slamming the skinny bully? Millions, from all over the world. That kid receives death threats ALL the time from all over the fucking world.

How can anyone even pretend that bullying was harder back in their day? Maybe because all the older posters are just that out of touch, but the internet changed everything.

Everything is amplified, everything has a giant magnifying glass on it. Take the absolute worst possible thing that could have happened to someone that is 30 on here when they were a kid. Now add the internet.

And what the fuck is with this idea that kids should have to go through this? I'm pretty sure no one liked bullies when they were in school. It's a GOOD thing kids are being taught to respect one another more and to have tolerance for other people. That's not some pussification of society, that's civilization of society.

Taking hate out of the world isn't something that should be debated. It should be universally approved. What the fuck is wrong with some of you that you look down on people for trying to promote tolerance and acceptance and peace?

PBI, you're pretty old right? I remember you from your last account and I seem to recall you being somewhat old, like mid-30s?. You are disconnected from the youth. Anyone that age simply cannot understand what it is like to be a teenager in the digital era, or to be raised in these times. It's just impossible. Even if you're a parent, you can't understand because as an adult you're biased to think about things like an adult. Try to imagine your ten year old self being bullied. Now amplify it 10000x. You just can't, so don't presume to understand what the fuck these kids are going through.

They are killing themselves over this shit. That's not being a pussy, that's being broken to the point that you would rather be fucking dead.

Bullying has always been bad. There are more ways to bully now, but it has always been wrong.
What TS talks about ( making fun of people and getting into fights) is not bullying.
Bullying is stronger kids picking on 1 weaker kid, beating and humiliating him.
30 years ago as a teenager I loved bullies. They were the one kind of people I could beat down without feeling bad about it and get praise from my parents and teachers for doing it.:p

my last account? what was my last account? and yes, i am in that age range. however, i never said kids should get over it. and the first thing i also said was that there is no excuse for the extreme cases. all i said was everything is labelled it now and the kids have become too soft in MOST cases. i realize the internet changes everything. but for the most part, you control what you see on the net. so if you are being terrorized there, dont go to wherever its happening!

The "bullying" of today would be called "teasing" in decades past. The reason it seems bigger now is because it is actually getting attention. Think about that. People are more aware of kids being picked on because of the publicity. Whereas 10 years ago, no one cared, which made it that much more threatening.

Daily death threats from internet nobodies v.s. death threats (repeated acts) from actual grunts in class who sat next to you and attempted to mangle you severely with no recourse from the staff. One is hyped to be more of a big deal, the other one IS a bigger deal

my last account? what was my last account? and yes, i am in that age range. however, i never said kids should get over it. and the first thing i also said was that there is no excuse for the extreme cases. all i said was everything is labelled it now and the kids have become too soft in MOST cases. i realize the internet changes everything. but for the most part, you control what you see on the net. so if you are being terrorized there, dont go to wherever its happening!

I can't remember the name, but I imagine there aren't too many posters on here that befriended Caballero, started a site, and then befriended Mayweather.

And how do you know everything is being labeled as bullying? Care to show me your sources on that? Or is that just some general feeling you get, much like every other generation gets about the generations after it? That's what I figured.

And are you kidding me with that? Don't go there? So just give up on whatever social networking site you're using (already a big thing to have to do in today's age where almost everything revolves around it) and ignore the things people are saying?

What about people that will hack you now and spread your personal information? Or the kids that will harass you via e-mail, phone, FB, Twitter, Instagram, forums, Tumblr - etc, etc, etc. And then of course the people that jump in.

What about if the bully posts about it on 4chan and they decide this kid is a pussy that needs to be taught a lesson?

See, there are way too many variables in bullying now. It can range from small incidents to huge ordeals seemingly at random. There is absolutely nothing wrong with attempting to curb it as best as possible. If that means the kids get a participation trophy, so fucking what? It's not like they consider themselves the best because they got a fucking trophy for showing up. They aren't stupid, they know what it is when everyone gets one. It's so no one can be attacked for it, not so the kids that deserve first place ribbons can't have them.

I just wonder if you have any psychological training or knowledge at all. Like even the most basic understanding. Because if you did, this concept wouldn't be hard to grasp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back