• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is being old sad

Trabaho

Mighty
@red
Reaction score
So I went out to eat pizza with my dad. He is 79 soon turning 80. Couldn't help but notice how slow and weak he is. Doesn't talk a lot. Generally spends most his time at home watching tv or listening to radio. Doesn't go fishing anymore. Doesn't get visitors. Pretty weird how life changes when you're old. Phisically weak. My mom is 76 soon to be 77. She is full of energy and doesn't worry me. For some reason it made me a bit depressed today. Last decade I've only been home with my parents 3 times a year or even 2.
Kinda depressive. Why does God make us so old and ancient before we transition realms ?

Depends entirely on health

Grandads life quality went to shit like 1 year before death and he died in eighties.Up to that point he functioned all right

My friends dad is in sixties and has trouble due to injuries but what can you do, such is life in the zone

Yes. I am sad most of my time. But I'm not afraid to die. Pizza dog is my only visitor for years. He found me when I was dead.from covid. Somehow he knew I couldn't see and guided me about. Not to the sink, but the toilet. He knows where water comes from and he was trying to lick the bile, blood, skin, hair from my nose and mouth. Smart dog. At least you have some family. I don't even have photos/momentos from the people I loved during my life.

I feel bad for old timers who retire with no passion or hobbies.
Laying around watching YouTube and naps is depressing way to go out.
That's my dad he's always been lazy lol. But now too old to go fishing. Retired. And shouldn't drive to go for coffees round town. He still goes out twice a week to grab some burek and yogurt. He's not saying depressive things. Just I realised my dad is now an really old man. We usually don't have big convis or anything anyways.

Yes. I am sad most of my time. But I'm not afraid to die. Pizza dog is my only visitor for years. He found me when I was dead.from covid. Somehow he knew I couldn't see and guided me about. Not to the sink, but the toilet. He knows where water comes from and he was trying to lick the bile, blood, skin, hair from my nose and mouth. Smart dog. At least you have some family. I don't even have photos/momentos from the people I loved during my life.

We love you at sherdog

I feel for my dad when he retires soon. When he's not working he just watches old movies or youtube videos (I pay for our youtube premium membership). It would drive me nuts. He never was in to sports at all, just has zero interest in watching it although he did coach my little league teams.

That's my dad he's always been lazy lol. But now too old to go fishing. Retired. And shouldn't drive to go for coffees round town. He still goes out twice a week to grab some burek and yogurt. He's not saying depressive things. Just I realised my dad is now an really old man. We usually don't have big convis or anything anyways.

We love you at sherdog
Ya there’s only so much one can go to Costco, Walmart, Tj Maxx, Marshall’s .
Depressing stuff

So I went out to eat pizza with my dad. He is 79 soon turning 80. Couldn't help but notice how slow and weak he is. Doesn't talk a lot. Generally spends most his time at home watching tv or listening to radio. Doesn't go fishing anymore. Doesn't get visitors. Pretty weird how life changes when you're old. Phisically weak. My mom is 76 soon to be 77. She is full of energy and doesn't worry me. For some reason it made me a bit depressed today. Last decade I've only been home with my parents 3 times a year or even 2.
Kinda depressive. Why does God make us so old and ancient before we transition realms ?

My grandpa was alone for 9 years after his wife passed. He was always a hard worker, doing something productive every single day all day. When my grandma passed and he lost the strength to really do much, I believe he was ready to die. Even though his kids visited him and spoke to him often, he was alone all of the time up until his death at 91 or 92.

Yes, I believe it can be pretty sad getting older. Especially if you outlive everyone else.

My grandpa was alone for 9 years after his wife passed. He was always a hard worker, doing something productive every single day all day. When my grandma passed and he lost the strength to really do much, I believe he was ready to die. Even though his kids visited him and spoke to him often, he was alone all of the time up until his death at 91 or 92.

Yes, I believe it can be pretty sad getting older. Especially if you outlive everyone else.
That's how mine was, he lasted 4 years after my grandmother. He declined a lot in that time. His last day I saw him eating lunch in his chair around noon then I left, and he passed away in that chair around five hours later.

Teach him to watch funny cats on youtube. Laughing and smiling will make him alive once again.

This is just one way for him to have a hobby and will not get bored or sad thinking of something else. Maybe even ask him who he want to search on facebook. They sure miss some old friends.

Teach him to watch funny cats on youtube. Laughing and smiling will make him alive once again.

This is just one way for him to have a hobby and will not get bored or sad thinking of something else. Maybe even ask him who he want to search on facebook. They sure miss some old friends.

My mom uses facebook
I don't think my dads generation has facebook. They didn't have tvs growing up

To get me through the sadness of their lonely inevitable demise I focus on the inheritance and happiness it will bring as a burn through it on booze, whores and sneakers….in their memory!

Back