is anybody giving liz carmouche a chance?

she is lesbian strong, as long as she can defend the armbar she should win this fight

nobody has been able to defend a rousey armbar but what if

26-Liz-Carmouche-SF030411.jpg

Nope and nor should they

Liz's style is not right for beating Ronda. Her stand up striking is not great. She relies on the strength advantage she enjoys over most 135lbers to get body lock and trip takedowns from the clinch, then employs a good suffocating top game. In this fight, Ronda is just as big and strong, also wants to be in the clinch, which is where she starts her sequence that leads to the armbar. In her last fight with Kaitlin Young, Liz spent the entire first round in a clinch with her back against the cage. In this fight, that's a recipe for disaster.

This

I think she has a really good chance. I'm sure Dana is praying she don't win.

What exactly is "lesbian strong?" Is she bench pressing 220 pound, instead of 200. Less than one minute into the fight Honda will trip her and land on top. One minute more and Honda's third or four crack at an arm bar will get the tap.

Considering the one time she's been stopped it has been due to her poor sub defense I'm not hopeful. But if she can use her strength to keep it standing she's still WAY better than Rousey on the feet, she just has to fight for a UD, keep her distance, not getting overly aggressive and not following Rousey to the ground for any reason

Rousey is the obvious favorite but it's ridiculous that people give a more experienced more versatile fight no shot against a one trick pony. Rousey will more than likely win by first round armbar but people thinking Liz has not shot are crazy.

I don't think having one more win than Rousey gives her an experience advantage.

She's got a 40 percent chance of leaving the octagon with only a sore not broken arm.

As much as i like WMMA, i still think it is back in the early 90's in comparison to male MMA. Carmouche, Tate, Kaufman etc. are the Severn's, Gracie's, (Ken) Shamrock's of the world & Rousey/McMann are the first evolution of WMMA much like Frank Shamrock/Tito Ortiz were.

That may sound really harsh, but i do think Rousey is miles ahead of all those girls, even Cyborg. Only McMann can challenge her at this point.

she is lesbian strong, as long as she can defend the armbar she should win this fight

nobody has been able to defend a rousey armbar but what if

26-Liz-Carmouche-SF030411.jpg

Once it is in the clinch, Ronda will dominate her. Defending the armbar will keep her on the defense until Ronda wears her down.

The only way to beat Rousey is a strike/kickboxer that can keep Rousey on the outside and I don't think one exists at 135 or a very high caliber grappler. Tate and McMann are not near her level. Maybe a 135 lb. Kyra Cracie or a 27 year old Sheila Bird? Those don't exist either. It will be a few years before someone comes up through the ranks to beat Rousey.

Liz has to move forward and throw hard and impose her gameplan. Then we will see what Rousey is made of.

Moving forward hard without awesome hands, will just get her in the clinch, then she is done. Rousey will walk through punches to get the clinch. Rousey's boxing training really got better after she beat Tate. I doubt she will take as many punches to get the clinch as she has as she has in the past. Maybe one from Kaufmann. She took some good punches and still took out Julia Budd, the only women to beat Gina Carano in a MuyThai bout, in very dramatic fashion. Taylor Stratford, Charmaine Tweet and Miesha Tate are the only ones to escape the first armbar, to get caught by the second and only Miesha Tate lasted more than one minute.

It may take a spot-on uppercut in the first three seconds to beat Rousey. That is what I thought Kuafmann was going to try to do, but she never did.

As much as i like WMMA, i still think it is back in the early 90's in comparison to male MMA. Carmouche, Tate, Kaufman etc. are the Severn's, Gracie's, (Ken) Shamrock's of the world & Rousey/McMann are the first evolution of WMMA much like Frank Shamrock/Tito Ortiz were.

That may sound really harsh, but i do think Rousey is miles ahead of all those girls, even Cyborg. Only McMann can challenge her at this point.

McMann has the greatest chance of surviving the longest. She doesn't have a submission game that could put Rousey on the defense.

I know MMA match doesn't work but Liz lost to both Coennen and Kaufmann and Rhonda made Sarah look like an amateur. I want Rhonda to lose as much as the next hater, but Liz isn't the one to do it. Liz did OK vs Coenen though until she got caught. I'm not sure he betting odds, but it might be worth throwing 20 bucks on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back