Is AJ McKee elite?

I'd put AJ to be the champ @ 145 in the UFC. Only thing I'd wonder about is if somebody could put him on his back how his bottom BJJ is. With his wrestling I'm not sure how likely it is though.

His wrestling isn't that good, he ends up on his back a lot. He subbed Caldwell quickly (though we do have to bear Caldwell being a retard in mind) and got stuck under Campos for a while but did pull off a cool sub in the end.

His wrestling isn't that good, he ends up on his back a lot. He subbed Caldwell quickly (though we do have to bear Caldwell being a retard in mind) and got stuck under Campos for a while but did pull off a cool sub in the end.
He blew out his knee or some shit like that during the Campos fight. He was actually close to pulling out of the GP due to that injury. The fact that he got that sub from bottom guven the circumstances is quiet impressive.

He could be. Looks real good one of the best prospects at Featherweight.

Kerimov's right up there for sure, as is Nemkov. I think those are probably the elite three and I would include Kyoji generally as I don't think Pettis hits him ever again with that shot.
I'd say AJ has the best potential, both in star power and fighting ability. But its hard to judge who is THE best outside the UFC.

Yes, he is very skilled and talented, he will go far in the sport I think

Love to see Barboza go to Bellator and get matched against AJ.. as a gauge of where AJ is currently. If he were to come to the UFC, him vs Yair at 145 or him vs Hooker at 155, as his first fight works for me, before putting him in vs Max or Volk at 145 or Charles or Islam at 155.

Only watched his fight against Pitbull and it ended very fast I couldn't judge his skillset.
So what's his level? How did he do against the rest of the competition, is he losing rounds? getting dropped? taken down? outstriked?
How would he fare against the top 5 FW in the UFC?
You really should go find his last 6 or 8 fights and watch them in order. He’s gone from good to great in several years. He had one or two scares but mostly has improved every outting.

I hope he comes to the UFC. Top 3 IMO. Him v Max is a wet dream. He wrecks Ortega (obv IMO too). And v Volk is a tactical battle for the ages.

Last edited:
I'd put AJ to be the champ @ 145 in the UFC. Only thing I'd wonder about is if somebody could put him on his back how his bottom BJJ is. With his wrestling I'm not sure how likely it is though.
Good point

After Max's last fight I kept thinking that Max's chin is about to go, precisely because he has taken shots from Conor, Dustin, etc. and I get the feel of impending doom. That chin wont last forever. I wouldnt bank on Patricio being the one who cracks him either but trading in the pocket with Patricio like he did against Yair would be a bad idea, IMO.
Yair has more range, and just all around a different skillset than Patricio on the feet though. The leg kicks, as much as Max no sold them, probably forced him to press the issue a lot more. As did the need to take away Yair's kicks.

On paper it seems like the type of matchup that gives Patricio a lot of issues. He'd be pretty much hoping for a hail mary, which is a dead sentence against a pretty durable guy who always has his foot on the gas. I don't think counting Pitbull out is a disservice to him or what he has accomplished, it's just one of those unforgiving matchups where, realistically, he doesn't have much to offer. Kinda like Lima against a great wrestler - he's an awesome fighter, but he's absolutely fucked there.

Yair has more range, and just all around a different skillset than Patricio on the feet though. The leg kicks, as much as Max no sold them, probably forced him to press the issue a lot more. As did the need to take away Yair's kicks.

On paper it seems like the type of matchup that gives Patricio a lot of issues. He'd be pretty much hoping for a hail mary, which is a dead sentence against a pretty durable guy who always has his foot on the gas. I don't think counting Pitbull out is a disservice to him or what he has accomplished, it's just one of those unforgiving matchups where, realistically, he doesn't have much to offer. Kinda like Lima against a great wrestler - he's an awesome fighter, but he's absolutely fucked there.
Speaking off Lima, it seems he has started a new camp for an unannounced bout. Here's hoping he comes out looking well and hasn't turned into Woodley 2.0. A Lorenz Larkin rematch would be nice, maybe Paul Daley

Yes he's elite. He'd be top 10 in the UFC, maybe top 5.

Speaking off Lima, it seems he has started a new camp for an unannounced bout. Here's hoping he comes out looking well and hasn't turned into Woodley 2.0. A Lorenz Larkin rematch would be nice, maybe Paul Daley
Hopefully its not the MVP trilogy. Larkin, Daley, or J. Jackson would be good.

Hopefully its not the MVP trilogy. Larkin, Daley, or J. Jackson would be good.

Gotta be Jackson right, its only one that makes sense with MVP getting a title shot and Gracie/Storely being booked. You got Lima/Jackson right there next to each other.

Seems like it, super exciting, sure hope we see him in the UFC at some point.

This shit was outrageous.
E7p3xLCVgAIXPNi.jpg

Gotta be Jackson right, its only one that makes sense with MVP getting a title shot and Gracie/Storely being booked. You got Lima/Jackson right there next to each other.
That's what Im thinking. A W over Jackson gets Lima back on track. On the other hand, if Jackson beats Lima it puts him in title contention and legitimizes Jackson. Its your typical UFC matchmaking, actually.

That's what Im thinking. A W over Jackson gets Lima back on track. On the other hand, if Jackson beats Lima it puts him in title contention and legitimizes Jackson. Its your typical UFC matchmaking, actually.

Unless they want to ease back on Lima to get him a win and bring him back up I dont see how you dont make that fight. If they dont and give Lima someone down in the rankings what do they do with jackson who deserves a big fight?

Looks pretty elite to me. He just started facing top competition in his last few fights, so time will tell just how elite.

Back