Is AJ McKee elite?

hunt0

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Only watched his fight against Pitbull and it ended very fast I couldn't judge his skillset.
So what's his level? How did he do against the rest of the competition, is he losing rounds? getting dropped? taken down? outstriked?
How would he fare against the top 5 FW in the UFC?

Only watched his fight against Pitbull and it ended very fast I couldn't judge his skillset.
So what's his level? How did he do against the rest of the competition, is he losing rounds? getting dropped? taken down? outstriked?
How would he fare against the top 5 FW in the UFC?
As with all the top guys outside off the UFC, I think they would all be very competiive in the UFC. I thought Gamrot was UFC champ material in KSW, and besides his questionable split loss in his first bout, he hasn't shown anything to change my mind. Same with Jiri when he was in Rizin.

AJ would definitely be top 5 in the UFC, I think even current Pitbull would be top 5 since I think he would all have a chance against Katter, KZ, Yair, and Ortega. Same opinion about AJ. He has looked somewhat dominant in all his bouts. Decisioned Curran easily which I am high on since Curran was a very underrated guy, KO'd Georgi in 8 seconds, which whatever you think off Georgi, he doesn't get finished. Submitted Caldwell easily, and obviously beat Pitbull in the first round as well.

I think AJ, and Pitbull as well, would both be live dogs against Max and Volk since both have power behind their strikes unlike the others in the UFC top 5

Last edited:
As with all the top guys outside off the UFC, I think they would all be very competiive in the UFC. I thought Gamrot was UFC champ material in KSW, and besides his questionable split loss in his first bout, he hasn't shown anything to change my mind. Same with Jiri when he was in Rizin.

AJ would definitely be top 5 in the UFC, I think even current Pitbull would be top 5 since I think he would all have a chance against Katter, KZ, Yair, and Ortega. Same opinion about AJ. He has looked somewhat dominant in all his bouts. Decisioned Curran easily which I am high on since Curran was a very underrated guy, KO'd Georgi in 8 seconds, which whatever you think off Georgi, he doesn't get finished. Submitted Caldwell easily, and obviously beat Pitbull in the first round as well.

I think AJ, and Pitbull as well, would both be live dogs against Max and Volk since both have power behind their strikes unlike the others in the UFC top 5
This pretty much summarizes everything.

Patricio has pretty much no chance against Max imo, that's the worst style match up imaginable for him.

Dude has been dominating very good competition outside the UFC. He is really really good and physically gifted.

Patricio has pretty much no chance against Max imo, that's the worst style match up imaginable for him.
While I agree that Max is a bad match up for Patricio, to say that he has no chance is insulting to someone with Pitbull's power. Max has a legendary chin but that also pretty bad head movement and reckless style that makes him get hit a lot. I dont think it would be a good idea to stand in the pocket with Patricio, like he usually does. If Patricio cracks Max he will sleep him, IMO. Max's chin wont last forever and Patricio has that crazy power rarely found at FW.

While I agree that Max is a bad match up for Patricio, to say that he has no chance is insulting to someone with Pitbull's power. Max has a legendary chin but that also pretty bad head movement and reckless style that makes him get hit a lot. I dont think it would be a good idea to stand in the pocket with Patricio, like he usually does. If Patricio cracks Max he will sleep him, IMO. Max's chin wont last forever and Patricio has that crazy power rarely found at FW.

Idk dude, he's taken shots from Conor and Poirier without flinching. It might be that that's the fight his chin gets cracked, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Just from a pure cold hearted betting perspective, I wouldn't touch Patricio at any odds against Max.

Idk dude, he's taken shots from Conor and Poirier without flinching. It might be that that's the fight his chin gets cracked, but I wouldn't bank on it.

Just from a pure cold hearted betting perspective, I wouldn't touch Patricio at any odds against Max.
After Max's last fight I kept thinking that Max's chin is about to go, precisely because he has taken shots from Conor, Dustin, etc. and I get the feel of impending doom. That chin wont last forever. I wouldnt bank on Patricio being the one who cracks him either but trading in the pocket with Patricio like he did against Yair would be a bad idea, IMO.

Absolutely. Likely the best in the division at the moment

He definitely flinched, in fact he bled and cried too.

So yes his chin is great (one of the best in my opinion) but you can’t keep that up forever, eventually you turn into a Tony freguson and are a zombie from all that damage.

Look at big Nog types towards the end of their careers

So it's not Kerimov anymore?

Kerimov's right up there for sure, as is Nemkov. I think those are probably the elite three and I would include Kyoji generally as I don't think Pettis hits him ever again with that shot.

I'd put AJ to be the champ @ 145 in the UFC. Only thing I'd wonder about is if somebody could put him on his back how his bottom BJJ is. With his wrestling I'm not sure how likely it is though.

I'd put AJ to be the champ @ 145 in the UFC. Only thing I'd wonder about is if somebody could put him on his back how his bottom BJJ is. With his wrestling I'm not sure how likely it is though.
Watch his fight against Caldwell

Back