Is Adensanya really...umm...you know...

I thought you were gonna accuse of him steroids

This x1000. Everything is so exaggerated and so over the top. Every fight is the biggest fight the UFC has ever had. If someone is good at striking they are the best striker the sport has ever seen. If someone is muscular they are a freak of nature and have the best genetics the world has ever seen.
"He rocked him!!!!" "Hes hurt !!!!!" "Ohhhhhh !!!"
The worst is when he claims that a submission is locked in and the opponent should tap or they are going to get their arm broken. Then 2 seconds later the guy just casually escapes.
Dude, spot on.

I would say Adesanya is the best striker I've seen in mma from a technical standpoint.

He's up there, with the likes of Pre-USADA Anderoid Silvaseline, Wonderboy, Aldo, Conor, etc.
Is he the best of them? I don't think so, but he's still a total machine

Nice title lol

He may be the most skilled striker right now but he has the bad habit that all counter strikers have where he relies on it too much. Not every opponent is going to make mistakes regularly enough for you to catch them and finish them.

Even anderson had dull fights when fighting people who didn’t want to play their game. Izzy looked bad against romero, because romero did nothing but stand still his his hands up, and Jan. Jan was just big and fought a smart game plan, he didn’t over extend or get careless and he fought as tall and long as he could. Also, I had izzy up 2 rounds to 1 in the first 3 rounds against Jan which were primarily striking, but I could be biased lol

Currently in the UFC, Wonderboy and Holloway have better striking than Izzy off the top of my head. All time, I don't think he cracks the top 5, maybe not the top 10.

Nice title lol

He may be the most skilled striker right now but he has the bad habit that all counter strikers have where he relies on it too much. Not every opponent is going to make mistakes regularly enough for you to catch them and finish them.

Even anderson had dull fights when fighting people who didn’t want to play their game. Izzy looked bad against romero, because romero did nothing but stand still his his hands up, and Jan. Jan was just big and fought a smart game plan, he didn’t over extend or get careless and he fought as tall and long as he could. Also, I had izzy up 2 rounds to 1 in the first 3 rounds against Jan which were primarily striking, but I could be biased lol

Ur whole post is bias

Whittaker lunges himself in all exposed to this very day. Most of his weapons work against shorter guys, but it's a disaster against rangy snipers.

Till and Hall are rangey snipers, and his weapons worked well enough in those fights.

Whittaker lunges himself in all exposed to this very day. Most of his weapons work against shorter guys, but it's a disaster against rangy snipers. He could out grapple Izzy, but he's never given the impression he's even thought about it. So I don't know about that rematch. I do think he would do better than the first time, but I'd still favor Izzy.

And, yeah, Izzy's flash is bamboozling people into thinking there's more substance, but he's still very fined tuned at what he does. Maybe a bit overrated, but still one of the best.

Israel is a very good fighter. Has some of the fastest kicks I’ve ever seen. But yes, I feel like fighters have been playing into his strengths too much. I think that comes down to the build up. Izzy is good at getting under his opponents skin and they come in overly emotional.

Till and Hall are rangey snipers, and his weapons worked well enough in those fights.
Hall's rangy, but I wouldn't call him a sniper or put him in the same league as Izzy and Wonderboy. And Till just isn't that good. I'm sorry, I just never bought into it. All he does is flail his arms around in the air in some YMCA dance routine without actually throwing anything - and when he does, it's the exact same shit from the exact same angles over and over again (I don't dislike his personality, though, or wish him any ill will - hope he heals up and comes back as good as advertised).

Whittaker should've done better against him, the fight was uneventful and close. And, again, Whittaker was lunging in all exposed - displaying the same mistakes that cost him against Izzy.

LightheartedHighBlowfish-size_restricted.gif

CookedBruisedEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

These aren't the best gifs, but from the available suggest what I'm talking about.
IDK, Whittaker sure looked good against a rangy heavy handed striker like Till.

I don't think you are giving Adesanya enough credit here, the guy has some great set ups and timing/accuracy. I think he is a much better technical striker than a guy like Anderson Silva was.

Adesenya has adapted his professional kickboxing style better than any fighter I've seen since Cro Cop in his heyday. What good are your striking skills in MMA if you can't adapt it for grappling/knees/elbows? It means nothing.
Explained my take on Till earlier. But I'm not disagreeing with you on Izzy. I think he's great, but I do feel like the hype's maybe a few steps into the overhype - not hundreds of miles like it was with Ronda - but a nice walking distance to the fridge.

Ur whole post is bias

which part?

that romero did nothing?

that Jan fought smart?

Or that counter strikers tend to lose sometimes waiting for a slip up from their opponent that never happens?

Some people say he isn't, but for sure you can see it.

All time, I don't think he cracks the top 5, maybe not the top 10.
<LikeReally5>
I think it's very hard to make a case for Izzy not being in the top five of MMA's best strikers we've seen thus far, but making a case that he's not top 10 seems ridiculous to me, sorry.

Definitely not punches, are you kidding me.

Over-hyped for sure. And I'm not knocking him, I'm somewhat a fan, he's obviously good...

His kicks are obviously his best asset, and yet... weirdly... he barely uses them, as he said himself... you haven't seen any head-kick KOs from him in UFC etc. ... Why? That's his biggest weapon, I don't get it.

Any way,
His boxing is nothing special at all.

Masvidal has IMO the best boxing skills I have personally seen in the UFC. In terms of form, movement, speed.

Adesanya seems to have great kicks, when he chooses to use them...
But that hype about THE BEST STRIKER IN HISTORY seemed a bit OTT.

[
Yes, I think Adesanya is the best pure striker we’ve seen in MMA p4p

Of all time? Lol. Prime Silva would have fucking murdered Izzy. Hell, Izzy won but didn't exactly light the world on fire against 40+ year old silva

He may have the most extensive kickboxing background but against Jan, his striking did not look next level.

Threat of the takedown/power is pretty real. Wonderboy is arguably the best pure striker in his own right and Woodley pretty much stalemated him twice.

Back