Is Adensanya really...umm...you know...

Joe Rogan is an unrespectable shill in the MMA world. I assume he is the same on his podcast but I wouldn’t know. Also idk. Izzy has a huge reach that obscures how great his striking might be.
I figure if a guy was THAT high level he’d have been able to handle Jan easily even without the reach advantage. He’s no Silva though

if that's the case, then you can't judge any striker in an MMA fight because the takedown threat is inherently there in MMA 100% of the time even when not facing a grappler.

either that or you'd have to rate the grapplers who beat these strikers with striking as well.
... plus there's a difference between worrying about a takedown from a blackbelt a weightclass bigger and most other guys.

Has anyone posted their octagon weights? Did Jan have more than 20 pounds on him?
I haven't seen their octagon weights anywhere but Izzy didn't cut for the fight and weighed in under the LHW limit meaning he weighed the same in the cage. Jan did his normal cut and then rehydrated so he would have been at least 20 lbs heavier.

I came here also to say that Rousey was the best pure striker.
Head Moooovment

screenshot-2169.jpg

Well he got the height and reach advantage against Jan but was outstruck in the first 3 rounds, so I guess not

THE BEST, no. Jan showed that.

however he's the most accomplished kickboxer in MW and it might take a while for someone to actually outclass him in MW... unless Alex Pereira comes in the UFC.

Don't pay attention to what Hogaine says, he hypes everything in his THC head of his. remember Rhonda being the GOAT, blah, blah, blah...

Whittaker lunges himself in all exposed to this very day. Most of his weapons work against shorter guys, but it's a disaster against rangy snipers. He could out grapple Izzy, but he's never given the impression he's even thought about it. So I don't know about that rematch. I do think he would do better than the first time, but I'd still favor Izzy.

And, yeah, Izzy's flash is bamboozling people into thinking there's more substance, but he's still very fined tuned at what he does. Maybe a bit overrated, but still one of the best.

IDK, Whittaker sure looked good against a rangy heavy handed striker like Till.

I don't think you are giving Adesanya enough credit here, the guy has some great set ups and timing/accuracy. I think he is a much better technical striker than a guy like Anderson Silva was.

Adesenya has adapted his professional kickboxing style better than any fighter I've seen since Cro Cop in his heyday. What good are your striking skills in MMA if you can't adapt it for grappling/knees/elbows? It means nothing.

Another thread which hints at homosexual tendencies. This place is half queer right?

Nothing Joe Rogan says is believable anymore. He has become one of the most unbearable people to listen to now.
This x1000. Everything is so exaggerated and so over the top. Every fight is the biggest fight the UFC has ever had. If someone is good at striking they are the best striker the sport has ever seen. If someone is muscular they are a freak of nature and have the best genetics the world has ever seen.
"He rocked him!!!!" "Hes hurt !!!!!" "Ohhhhhh !!!"
The worst is when he claims that a submission is locked in and the opponent should tap or they are going to get their arm broken. Then 2 seconds later the guy just casually escapes.

Back