Is 35 the cursed aged due to biology or experience?

Funny you mentioned this. I just was typing out a long response trying to be all scientific, then realized halfway in I was just overcomplicating common fucking sense lol.
Don't try to be too scientific here; there is only a select group that will understand you.

Don't try to be too scientific here; there is only a select group that will understand you.

Das why I talk lyk dis most da tym fam much less stress 💯👌

I'm 40 and just started TRT a month ago. Kids need to stay alert. I feel like I'm TRTvitor!

Late 20s to mid 30s is the sweet spot where you've got a body that can use the skills you've acquired. The lighter the weight class the more important speed is to success, and mid to late 30s is generally when people slow down a little bit. That little bit, well, it's enough for someone who may not be as skilled to get the better of you just because they got that young man pep in their step.

The more reliant your skillset is on power the longer you can go. That bit of lost speed is less important the higher the weight class.

its 31
look at those weird jones haters
saying he beat past prime fighters

when he beat fighters with average age of
29-32

weird people
maybe low iq

The most notable declines typically start around 36-37.

A man's physical prime is 27-35.

31-33 is peak for MMA throughout history.

it's like the "27 club" but with an hint of truth...
idk but i think that Topuria'd have beat Volk even some years ago, when the champ was basically defending against a guy with 7 fights in 7 years like Yair or Max Holloway.
obviously if people already call Volk the goat watching him being koed looks like he went from the skies to the deep ground in one night.

A fraction of the reflexes are lost. I'm 37 and I used to play FPS in the past and I was always in the top, I went to play COD last month and I didn't go so well, the younger guys always shot me first

Biology, male test levels and reflexes decline sharply in your mid 30s. It’s less evident at LHW/HW cause they’re slow to begin with. It’s a death sentence at 170 and below.

for people citing examples of 40+ year olds doing well in the NFL, olympics, NBA, etc, that’s because they’re on GIGA PEDS, a whole pharmacy worth, which turns the clock back a good 5-10 years physically.

Cursed age? Like the boogie man comes out at night and gets you at that age? You realize a black cat has crossed your path? What does cursed mean in this context, and what does it have to do with anything?
That is exactly my question. It's obviously not me but the thread title who brings up "cursed age".

Everyone understands that you’re dumb.
You are rude for no reason.

The actual natural physical prime of men considering healing ability, explosiveness, strength of the heart and nervous system, etc. is between the ages of 16 and 24. In most men the frame - that is bone structure, attachments, etc. are fully grown and mature by the age of 16 roughly, and testosterone is naturally at it's highest and nervous system strongest until the mid twenties, hence 24.

Alot of people don't like to accept this. But it's reality. PEDs can extend this prime significantly though.

Fighting is not only about TST and physical attributes.
You have to learn thecnique and train to stay composed under pressure...

I did not feel it at 35 to be honest. Bit oh boy did I feel it at 40. It was kind of surprisingly fast as well. Strength stuff I could still do fine, such as pull-ups and weights, but cardio went south fast. I felt it the most while swimming with the kids. Holy crap, I actually had to think about proper breathing. Now, at 45, I’m not even trying anymore, just light training and minding my health. I managed to get below 93kg recently (roughly 205), so no longer even a proper sherdogger. 😁

The actual natural physical prime of men considering healing ability, explosiveness, strength of the heart and nervous system, etc. is between the ages of 16 and 24. In most men the frame - that is bone structure, attachments, etc. are fully grown and mature by the age of 16 roughly, and testosterone is naturally at it's highest and nervous system strongest until the mid twenties, hence 24.

Alot of people don't like to accept this. But it's reality. PEDs can extend this prime significantly though.
Lol. 16 year olds are boys. Most of them are still growing and definitely haven’t developed any significant muscle mass yet. It would be murder to let them fight 30 year old men.

Also, most fighters start training in MMA or other full contact combat sports around that age. Most sane people don’t send their 7 year old boys to MMA gyms to become cagefighters, lol.

You need at least 3-4 years to develop any martial art to a high level. Because we have 3 different areas in MMA- striking, wrestling and BJJ, a fighter would most likely peak in their skill set in about 9-12 years.

Given that most fighters start training at around 16, they will most likely hit their prime around 25- 28 and most will continue to develop and gain experience till around 33- 35.

its 31
look at those weird jones haters
saying he beat past prime fighters

when he beat fighters with average age of
29-32

weird people
maybe low iq
31 only hits you hard if you have a lot of wear and tear, at that point, Jon has been in a couple wars but didn't take too much damage Jons unhealthy lifestyle probably caused him to lose a step

What's the difference you are feeling?
More energy throughout the day, more strength, lifting more in the gym, metabolism working much faster, morning woods everyday just like when I was a teen, shredding more (though already had been working out last 4 months lifting weights 40 mins a day, 1 hour cardio and dieting seriously but it accelerated considerably)

I think 35 is consider old not only in MMA but across the board in many sports. My favorite hockey player ever Wendel Clark retired at 34.

The body has evolved to be indestructible long enough to grow up for 15 years & then raise kids for 15 years, & then wilt & die. Athletes can train their way into some extra prime years, & some can steal them up to 40 yrs old, but the decline is slowly underway.

If you want to age gracefully in retirement, you have to try & cheat nature as much as possible by strength training, working out cardio regularly, good diet with 1.6g of protein per kg of body weight/day, drop bad habits, get plenty of sleep etc...

Do we as men really decline that much at the age of 35?
100% we do, a lot of people don't understand it 'cause most of them never got off their ass until their mid thirties. But if you'd have started something physical when you were younger, you would know.

Back