Irresponsible co-workers

Why hello there.

Let me just say that I am still in this fucking job and it is still the worst fucking job ever.

People bringing kids in the workplace, blasting EDM music, people soliciting, you name it.

It was so fucking noisy during workhours I left myself behind to OT so that I can concentrate on this task I'm supposed to do.

Now that I am doing OT, guess what? The four or five other people in the office, are talking so fucking loud, it's even harder to concentrate.

Fuck this job.

I can’t believe more younger kids don’t find some kind of trade job when I hear stories like this.

I mean... some of you sound no better than a bunch of diary cows stuck in a milk factory

3 jobs extremely similar to TS since leaving Uni 4 years ago checking in.

i could never work in a cubical. i always need to be in motion and doing multiple things at once. sitting in a cubical just doing office work sounds like torture.

This fucking job I am smack middle of right now as I am typing this, I pretty much hate and I need to vent.

The lady right next to me has a really pungent perfume that makes me want to vomit. Despite being in the middle of the workday I am hearing alt rock music being blasted by some fucker 5 cubicles away. I find that even all of my department workmates are older than me, they are irresponsible and they would always make me do shit for them a lot of times not related to the job.

Everything that I am supposed to do, I need to revise, and I need to wait on someone cause s/he is in a meeting or absent. I do all my shit with a good allowance the deadline, but have to wait on the final draft which always seem to be just on the edge of the deadline.

I feel that the HR was not completely honest about this job when they hired me. The environment is shitty compared to my previous jobs. I have to deal with people with entitlement issues and who need to be given attention like they're middle children. What's worse is that I am scheduled for training next year which puts me in service obligation proportional to the cost of training 1+ year. I have tried to look for work despite being new to this job, because I don't like it at all.

I am obligated to do overtime mostly because another person has a job passed to me and s/he was absent that day. And after regular hours there is no AC. The commute is a pain in the ass.

Cliffs:
- The workplace I am in is more like a marketplace than a white-collar gig.

Get a job as a salesman somewhere. Salesman jobs are the best because you get to stay active and it is a challenge to sell the item

I literally told the person sitting right next to me 5 times to print a document she needs to submit to me so I can consolidate all files to pass it to someone else, who will be gone from the office in an hour. What is she doing now? Texting her husband while talking about her sex life with a friend of hers.

My boss just asked me to pick up a package containing a beauty cream delivered to her four floors below.

Why can't I get another fucking job so I can leave this shit?!?

I can’t believe more younger kids don’t find some kind of trade job when I hear stories like this.

I mean... some of you sound no better than a bunch of diary cows stuck in a milk factory
I would have gone into cnc or welding as a teenager if I knew, but all the schools push is university.

This fucking job I am smack middle of right now as I am typing this, I pretty much hate and I need to vent.

The lady right next to me has a really pungent perfume that makes me want to vomit. Despite being in the middle of the workday I am hearing alt rock music being blasted by some fucker 5 cubicles away. I find that even all of my department workmates are older than me, they are irresponsible and they would always make me do shit for them a lot of times not related to the job.

Everything that I am supposed to do, I need to revise, and I need to wait on someone cause s/he is in a meeting or absent. I do all my shit with a good allowance the deadline, but have to wait on the final draft which always seem to be just on the edge of the deadline.

I feel that the HR was not completely honest about this job when they hired me. The environment is shitty compared to my previous jobs. I have to deal with people with entitlement issues and who need to be given attention like they're middle children. What's worse is that I am scheduled for training next year which puts me in service obligation proportional to the cost of training 1+ year. I have tried to look for work despite being new to this job, because I don't like it at all.

I am obligated to do overtime mostly because another person has a job passed to me and s/he was absent that day. And after regular hours there is no AC. The commute is a pain in the ass.

Cliffs:
- The workplace I am in is more like a marketplace than a white-collar gig.

This sounds like one of my previous jobs before I had a meltdown a nervous breakdown.

No AC after regular hours and I am from a hot climate country a Tropical one.

Just reading your Op I am having PTSD.

The lady right next to me has a really pungent perfume that makes me want to vomit.

A lot of work places have a "no scents policy now". You can go to HR and complain about that. Check the instructions if you are referred for an MRI. Many places say "this facility is a no scent workplace".

I would have gone into cnc or welding as a teenager if I knew, but all the schools push is university.

You must not know a lot of welders because most of them would tell you to avoid welding.

Just start keeping a bottle of whiskey in your desk. When a coworker pushes you to the edge, grab the bottle, and smash that fucker over their head.

Problems solved.

Some people hate their jobs, some people like theirs.

Welding is unhealthy at best but the work sites can be absolute shit. Ridiculously hot factories, freezing cold pipe work. Brazing up bicycles in a controlled environment or doing ornamental work is really small portion of welding jobs (unfortunately).

Welding is unhealthy at best but the work sites can be absolute shit. Ridiculously hot factories, freezing cold pipe work. Brazing up bicycles in a controlled environment or doing ornamental work is really small portion of welding jobs (unfortunately).
All of which is better than rotting in a cubicle (in my opinion).

Anyone have an annoying AF co-worker who casually speaks 3x louder than the average person? I swear this idiot has to be partially deaf or grew up as an invisible middle child. Half the time at work she is talking on the phone with one of her kids or instructing someone to feed the dog on time, or make sure it's not too hot in the yard. She is also out of the office at least once a week. I spotted her once outside when she called in sick, and she was shopping in a mall.

As I type this, she is on the phone with someone discussing something completely unrelated to work, but talking in a volume that can be heard within a 20 person radius.

Another day and another fucking rant.

I don't know what elevator etiquette is in your parts, but I kind of expect that there is silence in the elevator. The people in this company thinks it's ok to talk about anything from what they grow in their garden to their sex lives in the elevator on volume 10. This happens everyday and I am sick of it.

Been interviewed twice recently and I hope it leads to me getting out of this henhouse of noise.

Last edited:
Back