Irresponsible co-workers

I have an office job and it's easy as fuck. I just enter #'s, don't really deal with ppl, and the day goes by super quick .The pay is nice too. Of course it's a cushy government job. I imagine corporate is usually awful

Let's see...where do I begin.

Salespeople who are fueled by their crack, meth or heroin addictions who are allowed to not come in because when they're actually there they make sales. Then they blow their sales deadlines because they're short on money and behind on rent and I have to make concessions to them because well, they're sales.

A president who inherited the business from Daddy and claims she cares about the company but comes in at 9:30 and leaves for two hours to go to the gym, hires high school interns and dumps them on me (but takes credit for giving them jobs while never meeting them) and when I complain because I'm already understaffed and barely making deadlines but still have to train her interns, she says "but it's free work!". Then she complains that the interns don't do the same level of work as me. I'm damn near 40 and they're high school juniors. No shit Sherlock.

An HR director who has to constantly micromanage everyone else and often times messes with protocol that has always worked and by doing so, ends up making it more difficult than it ever was, but at the same time runs all over the place claiming she doesn't have enough time to do her job. At the same time she comes in at 9:30, takes an hour and a half lunch often and leaves at 3:30. Oh, and if I make a deadline by two hours? "Well how come you have extra time?" Let's move the deadline up next month. So if someone gets sick or leaves, we're fucked.

Not to mention this HR director used to have one of the sales guys in her office laughing and joking with him, and he stalked her. So as a result we have to keep all doors locked.

Then when a computer or server goes down they ask me to look at it so they don't have to pay their shitty IT 90 bucks an hour because it's expensive. Keep in mind I'm a designer, I just happen to know how computers work too. So if I bork the whole network well that's not on me.

Top it off with having to work next door to a bunch of meathead CrossFit people where I have to hear linkin park blasting and feel the floor shake whenever they drop weights and I've had enough.

There are a handful of people I work with and love like family who could run the company by themselves. The president and HR could be gone and we'd function better than ever.

Thank God I have an interview Thursday.

Last edited:
Turns out most people don't dream of being office drones when they grow up. A lot of people, across all fields, are incapable of being productive while doing work they dislike. Unless there are harsh quotas or the boss hovers over them.

Which makes more places adopt harsh quotas or hovering management.

I would have gone into cnc or welding as a teenager if I knew, but all the schools push is university.
There's a subtle contempt around trade jobs. "Oh if you wanna go do work a monkey could do" seems to be the attitude. But a lot of people with degrees are doing shit they absolutely hate, and probably would have been better off in a trade.

Another day and another fucking rant.

I don't know what elevator etiquette is in your parts, but I kind of expect that there is silence in the elevator. The people in this company thinks it's ok to talk about anything from what they grow in their garden to their sex lives in the elevator on volume 10. This happens everyday and I am sick of it.

Been interviewed twice recently and I hope it leads to me getting out of this henhouse of noise.
Here's my elevator rule. I don't use them unless it's more than 10 floors. Man up and walk. Stop being lazy. It's wasteful to use the elevator unless a boss is talking to you and directs you to go in

Here's my elevator rule. I don't use them unless it's more than 10 floors. Man up and walk. Stop being lazy. It's wasteful to use the elevator unless a boss is talking to you and directs you to go in

Shit I WISH we had multiple floors. Last building we were in I'd hike it 7-8 times a day to get that workout in.

and that is why I don't mind working 2nd shift... I can just do my job, and avoid the politics/hassles of "the day shift". I work in an office environment, so at worst I may get a call about the night before, and even then I just explain myself/show my work and it's done. I only really interact with my boss, the outgoing/incoming analyst, or occasionally the other sites, if something is going on. So I can put a game on the TV, listen to music/podcasts while I work and no one cares. Snapping necks and cashing checks.

Shit I WISH we had multiple floors. Last building we were in I'd hike it 7-8 times a day to get that workout in.
I live in Japan. Most buildings are multiple stories tall. I got a book at the mall and the store was on the 8th fooor

Another day and another fucking rant.

I don't know what elevator etiquette is in your parts, but I kind of expect that there is silence in the elevator. The people in this company thinks it's ok to talk about anything from what they grow in their garden to their sex lives in the elevator on volume 10. This happens everyday and I am sick of it.

Been interviewed twice recently and I hope it leads to me getting out of this henhouse of noise.
Dude seriously? You started this thread 2 years ago and still haven't found another job?

Maybe you should do less whining and more searching lol.

Dude seriously? You started this thread 2 years ago and still haven't found another job?

Maybe you should do less whining and more searching lol.

I have been interviewed about 5 times in the past 3 months, I think I'm close.

Good luck.

It's always better to change jobs than to be miserable and wait for burnout to happen.

I myself am quitting my current job for a new one in less than 2 weeks. Hopefully it all goes for the better.

I figured you'd have straightened the place out by now!
It's really time to do something drastic. Investigate, document.. A meeting with the president and a passionate plea for mass firings. Drain the swamp, man!

But what if you have knee pains?

But what if you have knee pains?
like an arrow to the knee bad? Get a scooter and weight 700 lbs asap.
My legs have been trashed from MT kicking legs and elbows. Plus my ankles are jacked from leglocks. Don't let ouchies limit what you do, unless it's unbearable.

My mate shoots people with our paslode nail gun all the time

Yolo?

Anyone have an annoying AF co-worker who casually speaks 3x louder than the average person? I swear this idiot has to be partially deaf or grew up as an invisible middle child. Half the time at work she is talking on the phone with one of her kids or instructing someone to feed the dog on time, or make sure it's not too hot in the yard. She is also out of the office at least once a week. I spotted her once outside when she called in sick, and she was shopping in a mall.

As I type this, she is on the phone with someone discussing something completely unrelated to work, but talking in a volume that can be heard within a 20 person radius.

I was working alone for the past 2 months and it was tough. Normally a team of 3. I now have 2 female colleagues that are annoying AF. One is a loud 27 y/o drama queen. She was on the phone today to her mum having a disagreement and for 10 minutes she kept saying "I'm at work mum, I can't talk about this, I have to go". Just hang up FFS.
The other one will talk on the phone to her husband all day or look at baby clothes online. Another colleague asked her to do a simple task a few days ago and she asked her how it was going today and she just said she'd been too busy to action it yet.
I just laugh it off. I'm not their supervisor and I don't care enough.

My mate shoots people with our paslode nail gun all the time

Yolo?

With the gas canisters? Big orange ones? Pull back the safety, take aim and shoot? I used to be deadly accurate with those.

Anyone have an annoying AF co-worker who casually speaks 3x louder than the average person? I swear this idiot has to be partially deaf or grew up as an invisible middle child. Half the time at work she is talking on the phone with one of her kids or instructing someone to feed the dog on time, or make sure it's not too hot in the yard. She is also out of the office at least once a week. I spotted her once outside when she called in sick, and she was shopping in a mall.

As I type this, she is on the phone with someone discussing something completely unrelated to work, but talking in a volume that can be heard within a 20 person radius.

This stuff happens all of the time in our cube farm . . . drives me crazy.

Back