Irresponsible co-workers

Let me update this with the most recent brain fart by my sanctimonious dumb ass manager: she made our team prepare for an upcoming HR survey that would address our professional competencies, which we do every year. She wanted us to be ready for the step by step process of the survey, but we only have done it twice (once per year), and we forget the specifics of our input from what we did last year. I saved the results per person, but that doesn't indicate the items/questions that we did per person.

She gave us a deadline for the initial and final draft, and made me announce and consolidate the team's work. We have no idea how to do it, bec we only do it once per year. I have racked my brain how to do it and came up with a simple template to check on the items to be more prepared and gave it to the team and her. Now that she saw it, she's all like: this is wrong and incomplete. And then brought out a manual of how to complete the HR survey. How the fuck did she give instruction to prepare for the survey without even mentioning the manual to us? That's the most important item for this task and she didn't even inform me there was a guide for it.

What a fucking moron! She didn't admit to her mistake of leaving that out. She was just acting like a smart boss talking down to me. I've about had it with this dunce.

I loaned our electric pallet jack to one of the valet drivers to move a pallet of water and he drove it through the elevator doors and dropped the whole thing pallet of water and all down the elevator shaft. Luckily the car was above it

Half of the office is in training right now but for some reason it is currently noisier than is usually. It's almost like the assholes who are left in the office have to overcompensate for the lack of people. What fucking disgraceful shitbags these people are.

Update: I plan to send my resignation letter tomorrow.

I will be taking up my second Master's in Analytics starting in March. Part of the program has the school actually selecting a future employer and tuition sponsor for it's students. Not my ideal choice to get to the next step of my career but here I am. I have at least gotten some real good feedback from people who know of the school and program.

The dickweed moves on.

I left my last job (medical transcriptionist) due to lazy co-workers and incompetent/biased management. I'd come into work to find 3 hour old dictations that day shift failed to type. And, of course, they were always the long transciptions. Never chest xrays or something simple, but MRI's and cat scans.

The last straw was when I asked for two days off near the beginning and end of the month for champions league games. I was denied this request because they said we were needed. Couldnt even come in a few hours late. Then, the very next week, I was told I'd have to come in early all of the following week because one of my co-workers was going to Hawaii. I quit the next afternoon.

Tonight is the latest I have ever spent in the office for anything work related, and all the while I had to listen to the awful playlist of one the most obnoxious persons in the office because he locked his desktop while this streamin app was still on. What an inconsiderate douche.

If the systems and equipment in this company isn't such trash, I wouldn't have stayed this late. I'm out of this dump and all the lazy farts making me do their work in three weeks. Off to greener pastures while these pigs stay in the mud. Sayonara fucktards!!!

Tonight is the latest I have ever spent in the office for anything work related, and all the while I had to listen to the awful playlist of one the most obnoxious persons in the office because he locked his desktop while this streamin app was still on. What an inconsiderate douche.

If the systems and equipment in this company isn't such trash, I wouldn't have stayed this late. I'm out of this dump and all the lazy farts making me do their work in three weeks. Off to greener pastures while these pigs stay in the mud. Sayonara fucktards!!!

giphy.gif

Another shitty day at work. A document that I thought was resolved was thrown back at my collaborators and I with a whopping 1 day before the deadline, and on that same day, I had to learn how to enter specific data on a SAP module because that was also the deadline. The person I asked so I could get a heads up failed to let me know that that particular task was on that day. And the other person who was supposed to teach me the actual task, didn't really teach me the proper steps (of course!), so I had to redo a lot of the shit.

And right when I was about to leave work, 4:45pm, I was notified on a payroll issue that needed to be addressed otherwise, there will be a delay on a certain payment. I tried to resolve it on time, but when I was finished the person(s) I needed to address already left work, wtf.

The fucking photocopier acted up again as usual. And did I mention, the building itself is an exterminator's nightmare? Mice and roaches all over.

How fucking shitty is this job I am in?

Sounds shit, yes, but environments like that are exploitable if you want to be that kind of a person.

You seem like a decent worker, you like to get things done and it infuriates you when they aren't.

At the moment you're dependant on them because they pay you. With a little discipline you can make them dependant on you because you do what they cant.

I'd cut that shit off. I've done it to people before. Fuck that.

This fucking job I am smack middle of right now as I am typing this, I pretty much hate and I need to vent.

The lady right next to me has a really pungent perfume that makes me want to vomit. Despite being in the middle of the workday I am hearing alt rock music being blasted by some fucker 5 cubicles away. I find that even all of my department workmates are older than me, they are irresponsible and they would always make me do shit for them a lot of times not related to the job.

Everything that I am supposed to do, I need to revise, and I need to wait on someone cause s/he is in a meeting or absent. I do all my shit with a good allowance the deadline, but have to wait on the final draft which always seem to be just on the edge of the deadline.

I feel that the HR was not completely honest about this job when they hired me. The environment is shitty compared to my previous jobs. I have to deal with people with entitlement issues and who need to be given attention like they're middle children. What's worse is that I am scheduled for training next year which puts me in service obligation proportional to the cost of training 1+ year. I have tried to look for work despite being new to this job, because I don't like it at all.

I am obligated to do overtime mostly because another person has a job passed to me and s/he was absent that day. And after regular hours there is no AC. The commute is a pain in the ass.

Cliffs:
- The workplace I am in is more like a marketplace than a white-collar gig.
and you're using your work computer to access Sherdog. Sounds even-steven.

Was over a four day period caused by a father and son. Over those four days i worked 50+ hours on only eight hours of sleep. Some of you may not have worked in the service industry. So i'll give two examples thats relatable. Father setup the busing station five feet from where guests were sitting and was dumping full glasses onto the owners property(which was also the entrance of the tent from the cook tent). An the son took a selfie with a former commissioner of a famous sport league.

After this event both no longer worked for the company.

Was over a four day period caused by a father and son. Over those four days i worked 50+ hours on only eight hours of sleep. Some of you may not have worked in the service industry. So i'll give two examples thats relatable. Father setup the busing station five feet from where guests were sitting and was dumping full glasses onto the owners property(which was also the entrance of the tent from the cook tent). An the son took a selfie with a former commissioner of a famous sport league.

After this event both no longer worked for the company.
<{1-10}>

it really is amazing how incompetent MOST people are at their jobs.

i see waiters who forget basic things like leaving straws and place settings for people

McDonald's workers messing up a simple order, over and over

White collar jobs where the best are always brought down by the stragglers and slackers of the group

i always recommend people to try and be self employed or a job which offers a strong performance based compensation to filter out all the bureaucratic, political nonsense in corporate environments

I too work with morons that talk about everyone behind eachothers backs

for some reason a lot of coworkers love to vent to me about how unfair and shit the job is, how managers X Y and Z are total assholes. I always just nod silently while laughing on the inside, because they are always dumpster quality workers that just dont try or are too stupid to meet reasonable expectations.

One perk is my superiors let me get away with damn near anything I want, because I'm reliable and provide much more value than most everyone else.

Older guy I work with thinks I'm his boss, but we are the same level. I'm on leave for a month so I spent a few hours writing up some detailed handover notes. The old prick didn't even bother to read them. Yesterday he asked me to explain a process, getting some meter readings from the photocopier, pretty basic stuff. So he's ... How do I do this? I said.... it's right there in the instructions... oh thank you sir. Then onto the next step.. How do I do this.... We did this through every step. Good times.

LOL it's my last day tomorrow and I wish this happened the first month I got here.

There is a "general inspector" that went around the building inspecting stuff and what not. This is a loved/feared man in this company. He went around unannounced and it so happened that department I am in was uncharacteristically well-behaved. The inspector found a guy watching youtube while he was here (youtube is blocked but was overridden).

His finding went to our Section Chief right away, and the news spread here and shit got real with people getting nervous and stuff. How I wish the inspector visited when it is like a marketplace around here, which is every other day.

Corporate culture. Is normal. Frankly, working for 3 years in my current job makes me understand the phrase "shotgun monday". This place is a caricature of all things possible in a corporate setting: Lying, blaming others, sheeeeeeeeer incompetence, brown nosing, more lying. I'm loving it. It came to a point that I find it entertaining, especially when they know that you know their wrongdoings. I will not switch to the dark side. I'm making documents out of all this to use as ammo when the inevitable throw everyone under the bus happens. When they deny, I'll show the docs, then I wanna see them do mental gymnastics to wriggle themselves out of it. Silverlining I guess.

I couldn't do some shit like that.

I have 0 patience for corporate games. My sup in my current job started with the cattiness, in so few words, I showed I wasn't here for it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back