Media Irrespective of PED usage, TJ Dillashaw is the most skilled striker in MMA history

Okay, that makes sense. If I parse what you say correctly, it's along the lines of "I consider Dillashaw, who benefited from PED use, to be the best striker in the sport and I don't think the drug use takes away from that."
You are getting closer. Let's try this another way.

Consider two sets of fighters:

Set A : All Fighters
Set B : Only fighters who have never had a PED infraction

Dillashaw would qualify for Set A and be eligible to be evaluated based on his performances in comparison to Set A. He would not qualify for Set B.

To take it a step further, the criteria being evaluated is overall striking technique level and steroid use or the effects and benefits thereof are not included in this particular evaluation.

In reference to your quote it would be correct if you edited to this:

"I consider Dillashaw (who benefited from PED use) to be among the best strikers in the sport (and I recognize that drug use and the effects thereof has been stipulated as a criteria that is not being included in this particular evaluation) "

Last edited:
giphy.gif

KO'd by two flyweights
Rocked by Cody
Outpointed by Cruz

Nah, not even that good

Not even close. He was effective but his competetion wasn't all that.

Hes banned boys time to move on to the next thread

Yes, I know he took some shit to increase his endurance plus he was unlikeable so people shit on him even more.

However, you can't roid your way to pure striking technique and skill, which is what TJ displayed numerous times in his wins over fellow P4P greats. He was more skilled than Anderson Silva because Silva wasn't effective when being forced to lead, which is why he had his shitshows against Maia and Leites. TJ was a complete striker who mixed his kicks, punches, and switch-stances better than anyone in MMA history.

I don't consider the Cejudo loss a stain on his legacy as he dropped to an unnatural weight class and lost the fight via an early stoppage.

Just look at these beautiful counters, level changes, and footwork....

giphy.gif

UnnaturalNeglectedAnnashummingbird-small.gif

HomelyBoldLeopardseal-small.gif

ElegantDisloyalHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

9oTC.gif

giphy.gif

TJ would've abused Mighty Mouse at 135 and we all know it.
<{outtahere}>

Demetrius would’ve fucked TJ up at 125.

Not really. He was just athletic and full of EPO so while his opponents tired from the fight and the strikes absorbed this juice monkey was as strong as he was at the beginning of the fight.

You can look amazing when your opponent is tired and beat up but your EPO is allowing you to recover and sustain your fast pace style.

Last edited:
This is the equivalent of showing Dillashaw in his blunders against Cruz, Dodson, Assuncao and Cejudo. All of them beat a prime Dillashaw as well.
Your post about the OP reminds me of that line in the sixth sense movie where Hayley Joel Osmont says "people only see what they want to see"

You are getting closer. Let's try this another way.

Consider two sets of fighters:

Set A : All Fighters
Set B : Only fighters who have never had a PED infraction

Dillashaw would qualify for Set A and be eligible to be evaluated based on his performances in comparison to Set A. He would not qualify for Set B.

But these are not two distinct sets--Set B is a subset of A.

Nah. No way . Crafty . Elusive but his kicks are alright but not on barbosas level . He’s good at everything but not great at one thing . EPO helped his style Immensely.

Love me some TJ too, I get it man, he's fun. His style is very pleasing to the eye. That being said
{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}{<jordan}
Why no Gifs of the Cejudo fight?

EPOashaw is one of the best Mixed Martial Artists we've ever seen. Strikers is a stretch. Top 10, sure. Still supremely impressive considering his base is wrestling.

Cody probably finishes him via strikes in the first fight sans PED abuse

I can't prove it, but we can't prove what percentage of TJ's success was PED related or not and TJ is to blame

Bye bye, cheater

Get where you're coming from, and agree, but they retested his Cody samples and they were negative.

Still a very disappointing cheater though

Anderson silva is the best striker in history of ufc. Not even debatable.
He was 38 when he lost to wiedman.

Get where you're coming from, and agree, but they retested his Cody samples and they were negative.

Still a very disappointing cheater though
Just because they didn't find anything doesn't mean he wasn't on something

You don't start with PEDs going for your second title after winning and losing and winning your first title all the time

Cejudo hit so fast I didn't even see the strikes the first time. How is TJ better than that?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obrad
Back