Media Irrespective of PED usage, TJ Dillashaw is the most skilled striker in MMA history

Cody is not a great striker, just because he made the Cruz fight messy. He only fought bums before then. Then he got sparked by a guy with 3 ko's in his entire career.

And, no you haven't watched the Chonan fight. Silva beat him up on the feet. Try watching it again, it's on youtube.
I dunno if I'd say Silva beat him up on the feet. It was quite close with no definitive winner until the hail mary. Regardless, it's not a fight most Silva fans would point to as a display of his prowess.

Pretty easy to all of the sudden develop god like striking when EPO lets you train for two or three more hours than the rest of the fightera in the division.

Barry Bonds already had a great swing long before his head doubled in size. But we all know he wouldn't have been cracking all those dingers without the help.

This is the equivalent of showing Dillashaw in his blunders against Cruz, Dodson, Assuncao and Cejudo. All of them beat a prime Dillashaw as well.
yes equivalent to showing Takase, Chonan, Weidman, DC, Bisping, etc...

Yes, I know he took some shit to increase his endurance plus he was unlikeable so people shit on him even more.

However, you can't roid your way to pure striking technique and skill, which is what TJ displayed numerous times in his wins over fellow P4P greats. He was more skilled than Anderson Silva because Silva wasn't effective when being forced to lead, which is why he had his shitshows against Maia and Leites. TJ was a complete striker who mixed his kicks, punches, and switch-stances better than anyone in MMA history.

I don't consider the Cejudo loss a stain on his legacy as he dropped to an unnatural weight class and lost the fight via an early stoppage.

Just look at these beautiful counters, level changes, and footwork....

giphy.gif

UnnaturalNeglectedAnnashummingbird-small.gif

HomelyBoldLeopardseal-small.gif

ElegantDisloyalHamadryas-size_restricted.gif

9oTC.gif

giphy.gif

TJ would've abused Mighty Mouse at 135 and we all know it.

He didn't use roids, numbnuts, he used EPO which takes your endurance to the next level. You know all that fancy movement and footwork that TJ uses? That requires a WHOLE lot of energy, energy that EPO gives you. Not only that, but that serious extra endurance helps you recover from damage much more quickly than a normal human would. EPO is what cyclists use in the Tour De France. EPO is what allowed Gleison Tibau to be a massive, muscular lightweight but never gas out.

TJ got destroyed by Cejudo, MM would have fucking crushed him.

Kudos for use of correct word "Irrespective", rather than everyone's favorite go-to word that doesn't exist, "irregardless".

Lol but he's been outstruck multiple times ya boner.

TJ would've abused Mighty Mouse at 135 and we all know it.
You say that like it's a knock on DJ.

TJ is way bigger than him. We all saw what the weight cut did to him. 135 is already tough for him. DJ would be well undersized.

TJ has great footwork and that is too much for most of his opponents. But we still have to consider his PED usage in this because part of his success comes from being able to run a great pace for five rounds and beng able to put it on his opponents after they have slowed down. His style takes a lot of endurance. Take away the EPO and he might slow down hard after 2-3 rounds or he has too fight at a much slower pace.

I would say he is a great striker but to call him the best is difficult. There is noone who stands out really imo. Great striking is still rare in MMA though.

he was TKO'd by Cejudo and Dodson...

TJ is definitely one of the best strikers in the history of the UFC. It's an absolute beauty to watch, despite not having the fastest hands like Cody, or KO power like Linekar.

He is a fighting machine. The perfect fighter for any coach to execute the orders. He is someone I look up to when I practice striking, and so should many people.

Agreed

Most don’t care about PED’s this is just an excuse for them to hate on TJ for a legitimate reason other than “he’s a douche!!!”

Definitely up there as one of the great MMA strikers. He has everything. However, it is hard to look past the likes of Silva who finished strikes with knees, elbows, kicks etc. No doubt he's in the discussion but to say he is the undisputed goat is idiotic!

Yeah, I really don't get why TS says his assessment is irrespective of D's PED use. How could the PED use not factor into his development as a fighter?
He means "not disqualifying or devaluing fighters who were caught"

While it would be foolish to dismiss the various benefits such as the additional training time, it would also be naive and foolish to assume that the fighters who got caught are the only ones who ever took PEDs.

Thus evaluating overall performance is at the very least a somewhat understandable perspective (even if you don't personally agree with it).

He means "not disqualifying or devaluing fighters who were caught"

While it would be foolish to dismiss the various benefits such as the additional training time, it would also be naive and foolish to assume that the fighters who got caught are the only ones who ever took PEDs.

Thus evaluating overall performance is at the very least a somewhat understandable perspective (even if you don't personally agree with it).

Okay, that makes sense. If I parse what you say correctly, it's along the lines of "I consider Dillashaw, who benefited from PED use, to be the best striker in the sport and I don't think the drug use takes away from that."

Back