iron chins that broke in USADA era

I'm sure what hurt Hendricks in the Thompson fight was a kick to the body.

Conor chin wasn't broke, he was hurt.

Getting hurt doesn't mean shit as fighters will get hurt at one point or another. And even some finishes will not mean much. You could had put Mousasi here as he was finished, but I don't think it did mean much either, as he got hit by a kick and then a knee.

getting smashed in the head is just another day at the office for pre-usada hendricks

USATSI_8255920.jpg

Johny_Hendricks_vs._Robbie_Lawler_4.gif

round+4.gif

tumblr_nr2jjeuCt21upwz95o1_400.gif

Those were all spaced out though. Wonderboy hit him with like 30 straight clean strikes to the head before he finally finished him. And that kick he ended him with was ridiculous.

Oh, you mean like how Bigfoot gets finished by Cain's first punch.

He then goes on to eat bombs from Mark Hunt for five rounds straight, ending with him popping for elevated testosterone levels.

Then ever since popping for elevated testosterone, he gets finished by the first punch of the fight.

How about Marlon Moraes getting stopped in two of his first four fights. Only to turn into superman physically and going on a massive winning streak against better competition without getting knocked out once.

Or maybe...you know...Moraes got better???

You know what is proved to make you a lot "chinnier"?
Dehydration!

Not saying PED can't give you a better chin (I really don't know that), but I do know that dehydration can cause an easy KO, and the IV ban can be linked to all these cases as well, so if we'll factor the USADA in play, first we should take notice of the IV ban.

Are you denying that the neck musculature has an effect in reducing the whiplash effect that occurs when taking a punch?

There is a reason androgenic steroids disproportionately increases the size of the neck and trapezius, it is strongly involved in hand to hand combat(which androgens basically primes you for):

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/10664066

Oh no he's using sources to back up his claims!

Get him out of here!!

I dont think Conor, JDS, or Meisha should be on there. Just because they got finished for one of the 1st few times post USADA doesnt mean thats what caused it.

Conor was sucking wind like a vacuum when he got rocked, JDS got caught by a perfect set up by one of the hardest hitters and best striker in MMA HW history and was still not completely unconscious, and Meisha has been rocked and or dropped in atleast 5 of her 7 UFC fights not including Nunes fight.

Lets get a list! Criteria below

Ronda Rousey (vs holly holm, November 2015. Previously unbeaten)
Robbie Lawler (vs tyron woodley, July 2016, one previous knockout over ten years ago)
Johny Hendricks (vs Stephen Thompson, February 2016, never even been rocked before i think)
Junior Dos Santos (vs Alistair Overeem December 2015, one previous TKO after prolonged 5 round beating)
Jose Aldo (vs Conor McGregor, December 2015, no previous KO in very long career)
Conor McGregor (vs Nate Diaz March 2016(badly rocked leading to choke) never rocked previously)
Miesha Tate (vs Amanda Nunes July 2016, (choke followed knockdown), one previous ko early in career, one tko after prolonged punishment)
hector lombard - 43 pro mma bouts: pops for steroids, comes back and suffers first ko loss, then immediately loses by ko again

Usada testing began in july 2015.

fighters should be renowned for previous toughness and display vulnerability post usada. obviously knockdowns or getting rocked etc can lead directly to subs and this is usually pretty clear

who else ya got?

You mus not have actually watched these fights. Wikipedia is not enough to make decisions like this man.

Back