iron chins that broke in USADA era

Bad examples. Only one is Robbie that truly has a touted chin. Aldo only lost once before, Ronda never, Connor only quickly subbed, therefore they couldn't have been knocked out previously.

Bad examples. Only one is Robbie that truly has a touted chin. Aldo only lost once before, Ronda never, Connor only quickly subbed, therefore they couldn't have been knocked out previously.

the post actually asks for more examples, those are the ones that immediately popped into my head. so would you care to actually make some suggestions of your own or do you just want to be a fucking tumour all your life?

Lets get a list! Criteria below

Ronda Rousey (vs holly holm, November 2015. Previously unbeaten)
Robbie Lawler (vs tyron woodley, July 2016, one previous knockout over ten years ago)
Johny Hendricks (vs Stephen Thompson, February 2016, never even been rocked before i think)
Junior Dos Santos (vs Alistair Overeem December 2015, one previous TKO after prolonged 5 round beating)
Jose Aldo (vs Conor McGregor, December 2015, no previous KO in very long career)
Conor McGregor (vs Nate Diaz March 2016(badly rocked leading to choke) never rocked previously)
Miesha Tate (vs Amanda Nunes July 2016, (choke followed knockdown), one previous ko early in career, one tko after prolonged punishment)
hector lombard - 43 pro mma bouts: pops for steroids, comes back and suffers first ko loss, then immediately loses by ko again

Usada testing began in july 2015.

fighters should be renowned for previous toughness and display vulnerability post usada. obviously knockdowns or getting rocked etc can lead directly to subs and this is usually pretty clear

who else ya got?

McGregor was fighting someone Nate size for the first time..

Heavyweights just dont count in anything like this, anyone can KO anyone

USADA testing didnt really beging until October 2015

you have to admit that since USADA all the people who looked like unbeatable juggernauts are dropping like flies

mighty mouse is the only who looks the same (or better)

McGregor was fighting someone Nate size for the first time..

Heavyweights just dont count in anything like this, anyone can KO anyone

USADA testing didnt really beging until October 2015

nah man nate is a lightweight. conor has fought repeatedly as a lightweight throughout his career, he started off as a lightweight.

and look at jds' record. 20 heavyweight fights and never got knocked out until the overeem one. i personally dont count jds cain 3 cos he wasnt actually out, he kinda got dropped on his head and balled up

he kept coming tho for the most part. dude fought hendricks twice, rory macdonald, carlos condit, jake ellenberger, melvin mahoeff, and he's only been knocked out once before the woodley fight. two ko losses for a brawler with 39 pro fights and you wanna say he doesnt have an iron chin? ok bro, thats some neghbourhood you grew up in where robbie lawler isnt tough

Yeah, I agree he's tough and has a great chin. I meant to word it differently... people are saying because of the wars he had, his chin deteriorated for this fight. He got hit clean by a heavy hitter and that's that. Although, his physique looked a little bit soft for this fight, but maybe he was injured? He's been fighting a lot these last two years.

That is actually a terrible example, peabrain. He just had two of the most impresive displays of chin ever.

And lol@ mentioning Conor who wasnt even knocked down. What a goof.
Yeah he just got hit cleanly and quit. The man was never knocked down!

Hendricks one is unfair. Anyone would of been KO'd taking all those shots. Dude ate some straight headkicks to the dome without being ko'd lol.

It's hard to say. I would say it is possible that being juiced to the gills will give you better KO resistance. We've seen it a lot where a guy comes off the juice and is suddenly chinny. I can think of a couple of mechanical reasons why it might be the case, stronger neck muscles might dampen the effect of punches on the brain etc.

Of course another very plausible reason is simply that coming off the juice they are not moving as well as they used to. Lost the speed, lost the power, hands are getting heavy sooner. Evasive movements not as explosive. Just more likely to find themselves in a bad position.

You nailed it. I get so annoyed when people said "PEDs don't give you a stronger chin" or "PEDs can't keep you from getting knocked out". Yes....they can. For the very reasons you mentioned. When on PEDs you might have a split second fast reaction time or movement and avoid the shot landing flush. Off PEDs that shot hits you square.

the post actually asks for more examples, those are the ones that immediately popped into my head. so would you care to actually make some suggestions of your own or do you just want to be a fucking tumour all your life?

Mmmmmmmm maybe tumor.

But also maybe Guida for being knocked out for the first time excluding a TKO by Mendes.

So have you never been given a bullshit diagnosis by a dr?

Heres a story about scalpels being left in patients bodies and feeding tubes put in lungs instead of stomachs

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-35597244

And one of the most prolific serial killers of all time, who was a dr

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harold_Shipman

tl:dr - drs are completely infallible because science
Your premise and most of your other posts were sensible but with this line of reasoning about doctors and science you are way off the deep end. When it comes to doctors treating people you're still talking about 1 person's professional opinion and that has no more to do with the scientific method than bro science. A proper scientific study resulting in a finding that can be duplicated and verified is not a fucking opinion, get it? It's a fucking scientific fact, hence the term, ask the google.

Another thing you might want to enter into the ol evil empire's advertising machine... er search engine, would be the phrase, correlation does not equal causation. I'm not saying you're wrong. It's an interesting observation, but it is far from anything you can call proof so quit being so defensive if people think you are reaching.

Your premise and most of your other posts were sensible but with this line of reasoning about doctors and science you are way off the deep end. When it comes to doctors treating people you're still talking about 1 person's professional opinion and that has no more to do with the scientific method than bro science. A proper scientific study resulting in a finding that can be duplicated and verified is not a fucking opinion, get it? It's a fucking scientific fact, hence the term, ask the google.

Another thing you might want to enter into the ol evil empire's advertising machine... er search engine, would be the phrase, correlation does not equal causation. I'm not saying you're wrong. It's an interesting observation, but it is far from anything you can call proof so quit being so defensive if people think you are reaching.

there would only be a reason to bring up "correlation does not equal causation" if i was saying SO THEREFORE NOT ONLY WERE ALL THESE PEOPLE ON STEROIDS, BUT ITS OFFICIAL, STEROIDS GIVES YOU A BETTER CHIN. thats not what i say anywhere in this thread, so chill. you're no better than any of the other fucking morons in this thread jumping to idiotic conclusions

im not going to waste any more of my life debating how fake and gay medicine is, except to say that
if you think that laboratory data cannot be manipulated by the global corporations who stand to make billions of dollars selling shit placebos to desperate sick people then LOL

needs more breasts. #2016titties
Katy-Perry-Greatest-GIF-010-compressor.gif

Hendricks one is unfair. Anyone would of been KO'd taking all those shots. Dude ate some straight headkicks to the dome without being ko'd lol.

getting smashed in the head is just another day at the office for pre-usada hendricks

USATSI_8255920.jpg

Johny_Hendricks_vs._Robbie_Lawler_4.gif

round+4.gif

tumblr_nr2jjeuCt21upwz95o1_400.gif

This thread makes no sense, most of the fighters you listed aren't even known for having iron chins because they barely got hit in the first place.

Also no PED will give you a better chin
Totally agree with the first half of your post. However, PEDs will give you stronger muscles that support your head and make it harder to rattle your brain. Also from a neurological standpoint PEDs can increase levels of circulating neurotransmitters making it easier to recover from being rocked and also makes it harder to go unconscious.

Back