Irish people, how is celebrity sexual assault prosecuted in Ireland?

mrbaapt

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
In France, Italy & Spain there is rarely more than a slap on the wrist for sexual assault. That's if the charges are even acknowledged at all and if you're somewhat famous you'll likely be unscathed legally.

Italy did nothing to this man and they easily could have if the culture in Italy demanded it but they never did. Yes Berlusconi was a president but when you account for all the allegations against him he is a walking example of a double standard of justice for famous people even if all they talk about is tanning.
giphy.gif

How are politicians/celebrities treated in sexual assault cases in Ireland?

From what I have read, if it is reported, it goes to the police. The chance for payments to get the charge dropped is gone. And the average sentence in 10 years.

Conor will be sentenced to a proper 12 (years).

Khabib clearly doesn't realise Conor lives in Ireland. Justice for a rape won't find him here https://t.co/kHBND5JZB0

— John ✖️✖️ (@johnfeeney09) April 3, 2019

Found this interesting comment on Twitter from a Irish dude.

#KHABIBBLESS

In France, Italy & Spain there is rarely more than a slap on the wrist for sexual assault. That's if the charges are even acknowledged at all and if you're somewhat famous you'll likely be unscathed legally.

Italy did nothing to this man and they easily could have if the culture in Italy demanded it but they never did. Yes Berlusconi was a president but when you account for all the allegations against him he is a walking example of a double standard of justice for famous people even if all they talk about is tanning.
giphy.gif

How are politicians/celebrities treated in sexual assault cases in Ireland?
He was a president though, if he was a cage fighter it'd be very different.

Conor is above the law in Ireland

8% conviction rate of sexual assault

{<Mcgoat}

That’s about as politically - no pun intended - incorrect as you can get nowadays, as well as ridiculously childish ... and from a president! Unbelievable and embarrassing!

Having said that, there is something refreshing about someone in the public eye who is willing to say “F.U.” with a smile to the overzealous PC attitude that is pervasive today. Still amazed he did it ... no shame and/or no brain. :D

Conor isn't a priest so he's fucked (if he did it) and won't be getting off.

Money buys freedom. If William had Conors cheese he'd live out his golden years sexually assaulting sheep.
giphy.gif

Apologies to any highlanders here.

I'm Welsh but from what I know hardly ever unless they're worth making an example out of. Which Conor is. These parts were in uproar last year when a rape victim's underwear were paraded in Irish court by the accused defense team, they were lacy thongs, and he was acquitted for it. The victim subsequently killed herself.

Well up north we had the Ulster and Ireland rugby players who were charged with rape. Basically a group of Irish rugby players went to a night club. Girls came back with them and like 3 of them ran a train on her. There were texts were they described what happened. Calling themselves "top shaggers" etc. The public wanted them done. But they were found not guilty. Their clubs mostly sacked them and they went to play in France.

This was last year. Point is even if found not guilty. If this goes to court Conors career and public image is dead

Last edited:
This sounds like you beat @Blanqa Blanqua to making this thread.

lol

TBH I hardly ever comment on the sexual assault thing. I looked right into it last year when it was still hush hush on this site and came to a conclusion for myself, and then also came to the decision to let it play out.

I would be more likely to make a thread like 'Could it really be a man Khabib married? (man under towel)' or something like that. Something ground breaking and thread worthy.

The Irish are too busy being wasted out of their minds to even contemplate doing anything productive

I'm Welsh but from what I know hardly ever unless they're worth making an example out of. Which Conor is. These parts were in uproar last year when a rape victim's underwear were paraded in Irish court by the accused defense team, they were lacy thongs, and he was acquitted for it. The victim subsequently killed herself.

She didn't kill herself. And he was acquitted because her story was a complete sham, it had nothing to do with her thong being shown as evidence. Politicians and media just sensationalized that aspect for their own ends.

Rape is treated seriously, but depending on the judge, the punishment varies greatly. We have some really weak judges at the moment, giving suspended sentences for extremely serious crimes by habitual offenders.

On the Conor case, the narrative at the moment is that she got raped, but Conor's involvment is doubtful. He had bought out an entire floor of the hotel, there were literally hundreds of people there, and she was so drunk she doesn't even remember going there. There simply isn't any evidence at the moment to charge Conor with anything.

$10 million can achieve a lot out of court

Back