iPhone 15

I've always found that iPhone users are like some weird cult, always trying to get you to join....... When you ask them what's the benefits of joining they look blank at you like you're some weird person........
iPhones are great for people who want things streamlined. Probably the easiest phone device to use. The Samsungs are for standing out and customization.

Edit: just texted my friend who makes 6 figures in the tech industry doing white hat hacking why he has an iPhone. This was his response:

-Iphones are way more secure.
-Have better features and operating system.
-I dont need to customize my phone i need it to work and have good features.
-Apple has the best phone backup and recovery features and has great quality of life user experience.

-Being good at tech doesnt mean i wanna run linux on my pc
-Thats for fgts
-Im not a geek
-I have a windows PC to play games
A mac for work and personal use
And an iphone and ipad to stay in the apple ecosystem
-Apple UI and software is superior
-Android is ass imo.

Welp… well I guess that’s your answer…

Last edited:
My screen is cracked on my 13 pro. My mom just handed me down this phone like a year ago, upgraded from the iPhone 8. I’m so sad

iPhones are great for people who want things streamlined. Probably the easiest phone device to use. The Samsungs are for standing out and customization.

Edit: just texted my friend who makes 6 figures in the tech industry doing white hat hacking why he has an iPhone. This was his response:

-Apple has the best phone backup and recovery features and has great quality of life user experience.

-Thats for fgts
-Im not a geek
-Android is ass imo.

Sounds like I've found someone higher up in this cult to me..........

I got 8 years out of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 that I bought in 2014. Was no longer getting updates on the software since it was old so I bought another Samsung last year. The S21 Ultra. Takes great pictures but I hardly ever use it. Just sits in the glovebox of my car. I have a landline in my residence which still is faster and clearer than cellular. No dropped calls either.

I find the borderline fetishization of cellphones, particularly the iPhone, a bit nauseating. The release of some slave-made plastic and silicone portal to the worst excesses of our modern world is surely the fetid burp of a decadent culture that is growing ever closer to choking on the vomited outcome of its own excess, as people who can't afford necessities or live on ever increasing debt rush out to buy one, making themselves more beholden to a system that doesn't view them as anything but a consumer.

Other than that, it looks OK. Lack of a bezel is nice.

I dont think that's right, my wife has a 14 pro max with 1TB

it cost a small fortune, something like 1600 or so..... this one is going to set me back 1099 for the pro - 480 for the 13 pro trade in - 70 for an older ipad I have laying around

with tax and all, about 700, not thrilled and not too bad.
Yes, you are right actually. Lady at the AT&T store told me IPhone 14 Pro Max’s only go up to 512 GB though..

Guess the bitch wasn’t too good at her job..

https://www.att.com/buy/phones/appl...xmY905wGnddP0itBr1xoCjrQQAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Last edited:

-Thats for fgts
-Im not a geek
-Android is ass imo.

I would like to add to this as someone from the tech industry with a professional level of tech expertise

it is the insanely good integration that apple has been developing, the way that devices talk to each other is phenomenal. I can drop files across the iphone to macbook so quickly, stream my videos straight to apple tv, take calls/imessage/facetime from my macbook, integrate photo libraries, transfer airpods from one system to the next easily, etc.

the software is absolutely top notch
the hardware performance blows away the competition
the battery life of apple silicon is next level because of their tight integration in house process.

there are a lot of little things that apple bakes into their OS that is great too, scanning and grabbing text from images, the ability to markup PDF's especially useful in the work from home era, image cutout ability is top notch, and a camera that is not only fast to operate, it's far more advanced than android. When apple does it, they seldomly get it wrong, and their software model is a marvel.

Nothing grants permission to surveil more than a smart phone and I’m absolutely certain that it gets worse with every upgrade.

Add to that the fact that Apple plans obsolescence and intentionally accelerates deterioration of older tech and well… there you go.
To be fair, they all do it. Apple makes repairs either impossible or as expensive as getting a new lower end device which is one of my issues with them after 5 years of using an iPhone.

I still have an Iphone SE 2 because I like the button at the bottom. Now the button doesnt work :(. I need to upgrade but dont really care about my phone enough to pull the trigger. I cant justify spending 800-1000 dollars on a phone. I like doing things more.

To be fair, they all do it. Apple makes repairs either impossible or as expensive as getting a new lower end device which is one of my issues with them after 5 years of using an iPhone.
this has changed with the 15, timestamped at 1:01:20

keep in mind that apple products generally get far more lifespan than android. They're actually usable after many years of use, while androids tend to die because they become so slow with updates, and because of that, used apple items have much higher resale values. Apple is taking my iphone 13 pro for nearly 500 bucks with a simple trade in.......... try that with a samsung, it isnt happening, because after two years, it's trash compared to the iphone. Look at similar phones like the Galaxy ultra 21, their flagship phone, you cant get much for it, and it's not terribly old either.

sure, I can ebay, offer up, and deal with the headache, or simply send it back to apple with a reasonably good offer..... they refurbish and sell the phone to someone else not ready to spend 1K.

I still have an Iphone SE 2 because I like the button at the bottom. Now the button doesnt work :(. I need to upgrade but dont really care about my phone enough to pull the trigger. I cant justify spending 800-1000 dollars on a phone. I like doing things more.
you people that swear by the button..... <Lmaoo>

you can spend 599 for an iphone 13, apple still sells those.

I cant believe apple did away with the 13 mini, what the SE2 should have been. nice little phone, face id is far superior to the button, and you learn the gestures quick. It's apple, they seldomly make mistakes, you can trust that the button free approach is better.

this has changed with the 15, timestamped at 1:01:20

keep in mind that apple products generally get far more lifespan than android. They're actually usable after many years of use, while androids tend to die because they become so slow with updates, and because of that, used apple items have much higher resale values. Apple is taking my iphone 13 pro for nearly 500 bucks with a simple trade in.......... try that with a samsung, it isnt happening, because after two years, it's trash compared to the iphone. Look at similar phones like the Galaxy ultra 21, their flagship phone, you cant get much for it, and it's not terribly old either.

sure, I can ebay, offer up, and deal with the headache, or simply send it back to apple with a reasonably good offer..... they refurbish and sell the phone to someone else not ready to spend 1K.

That's not the reason iPhones hold there money and as for being easier to fix, manufacturers are being forced to do so........ iPhones are seen as a must have to the people that want to fit in.......

A new phone dropping used to feel like a new video game system, now it just feels like getting the new FIFA or Madden if that. I haven't given a shit about a new phone release in years. Slightly cared about 5G I guess.

It's like computers got to be. For years many people upgraded every year because the improvements were great. That plateaued about 2015 and very few people need or use the faster speeds.

That's not the reason iPhones hold there money and as for being easier to fix, manufacturers are being forced to do so........ iPhones are seen as a must have to the people that want to fit in.......
I was addressing apple repairs in the first part, secondly, the integration is not by accident, it's designed that way.

you want facetime, airdrop, imessage, people WILL want to fit in, es normal. My dad and his infinite wisdom, chooses to stay android, and when we're on vacation, he gets none of the photos or videos when asked, there's no simple way of transferring to him. No facetime either, iphone users arent going out of their way to make it work. Granted, there's a good chance where people have shared platforms like fb messenger or other social media..... which he refuses to use.

No love for the iphone 15?

the pro models dropped 19g, that's nearly 10% weight savings
titanium outter shell
camera has the same zooms, but it's been revised with better long lens optics?
usb-c might be a big deal, one less cable, high speed transfers (pro model only)
action button

downsides
usb-c on the standard model is still the USB 2.0 standard, which is like 50 years old
pro model base is 128GB.............

probably going to upgrade from the 13
https://www.apple.com/iphone/compare/?modelList=iphone-15-pro,iphone-15,iphone-14-pro

Yeah, I currently have the 13 Pro Max, and i'm eligible for a free upgrade, so will do so for the 15 Pro Max

Back